Home

St. Louis Blues (with OS created players) (NHL 11 Be a GM)

This is a discussion on St. Louis Blues (with OS created players) (NHL 11 Be a GM) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: St. Louis Blues (with OS created players) (NHL 11 Be a GM)

PORTLAND DAILY TELEGRAPH

Associated Press, Staff Writer

A day after being drafted 4th overall by Columbus, Portland Winterhawks forward, Nathan MacDonaldlearned he was going to have to wait for his big NHL contract. For a team that has been in rebuilding mode for the past several years, they have stocked up on talent in the forward position. Although, disappointed at not getting a chance to crack the roster this year the 18 year old MacDonald was optimistic about his chances of playing in the NHL.

"We have a great team here in Portland, and I have worked very hard to get where I'm at now. If they don't think I'm ready I'll give it another year to prove to that organization that I'm ready for a shot at the NHL. I am going to tear up this league next year and prove my worth".

MacDonald will have all summer to prepare for the next season in the WHL where Portland hopes to chase another Memorial Cup.
GLES - USC

Old 05-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Bellini's Press Conference in Las Vegas

Bellini- "Thank you everyone for attending. First off let me say man is it nice to be back in America. I had a great time playing overseas, but I am ready to get my Professional career going here in the NHL. I learned a lot playing with older players and seasoned professionals, and I am hoping that will translate for me here. I know I am probably not going to see time in the NHL for a year maybe two, but I hope to make an impact in the AHL. Any questions?"

Reporter- "You're skillset seems to be more tuned for European hockey, do you think you can deal with the physicality of the NHL?"

Bellini- "I know I need to really work on my strength. I enjoy working around the outside and moving the puck, but to be successful in the NHL you also have to be willing to do the dirty work in front of the net. That is the one aspect of my game I will focus the most on improving in Rochester."

Reporter- "What do you think of the Panthers organization?"

Bellini- "I think they are moving in the right direction. I am hoping I can help push them to the next level when I am ready to crack the lineup. I would love to be a part of the team that brings the cup to the Panthers."

Bellini- "Sorry guys I am going to have to go now. I appreciate you guys coming out here to wonderful Las Vegas for this. I now need to go eat some American fast food for the first time in a year. Wish me luck."
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

TSN reported Jermain Franklin spoke with Robert Miller, this year's first round selection by the Atlanta Thrashers:

Franklin: What were your thoughts when the Thrashers announced that they will pick you?

Miller: Well, it's like a dream come true. Hearing your name during that big ceremony is unbelievable. A lot of guys don't hear their names, and I am really happy to get a chance. I want to thank the Thrashers for their trust, and I will do everything to meet the expectations.

Franklin: You are now the second-highest draft pick from Austria, just behind Thomas Vanek who was picked fifth overall. The Thrashers then wasted no time signing you to an Entry Level Contract, so expectations are surely high in Atlanta. What are your expectations for the upcoming season?

Miller: Obviously, the ultimate goal is making the NHL roster. I will do anything to achieve that, I am looking forward to a summer full of hard work. All I can do is show up in training camp in the best shape possible and fight for a spot. If it's not meant to happen this year, then I'll go back to Chilliwack and help the team there just as I did last year. I love the city of Chilliwack and the team there, and if the Thrashers think it's best for me to spend another season there then I'll give everything possible in the WHL.

Franklin: There have been rumours that the Thrashers could be sold and moved to Winnipeg. Is that something you're concerned about as a player?

Miller: Not really, no. I want to focus on hockey and improving my game, nothing else. I know there have been rumours and I know business is a big part of the league, but I'm not really concerned about it. It is nothing you can change as a player, this is something other people will have to decide. I'm happy to report to this franchise, be it in Atlanta or Winnipeg or even somewhere else.

Franklin: Our experts have already talked about your strengths and weaknesses, but it's always interesting to hear that from an athlete. Can you give us a little scouting report about Robert Miller?

Miller: I am a hard working guy, and I think that's my best attribute. I love going to the corners and battle it out, I like to use my body and provide energy. I think my skating has room for improvements, this is certainly an area I intend to work on this summer.

Last edited by devo22; 05-23-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
Rookie

The Toronto Star

Leafs draft D-man at #2
The Toronto Maple Leafs haven't had many first round draft choices over the past few seasons, Schenn and Kadri highlight a slim group of prospects that the Leafs have drafted within the first thirty (30) players. This shortage of elite talent was turned into an abundance of riches as Brian Burke selected Jasper Askola with the second (2nd) overall pick. Askola is a defenseman for Jokerit of the SM-Liiga, the Finnish professional hockey league. The eighteen (18) year old lit up the league this season, using his heavy shot and puck moving abilities to carry the Jokerit to the league's best powerplay %.

Askola also skates like the wind and his vision allows him to make seamless passes, or so the scouts say. Thus far we have gathered: good shot, puck moving, and skating. Sort of rings a bell, Askola draws many comparisons to another European defender that just left Toronto. Although that things may have ended bitterly with said defender, Burke feels that Askola is here to stay and will eventually grow into an NHL star. Burke's last Stanley Cup team featured Scott Niedermeyer and Chris Pronger, perhaps Burke has the new powerhouse pairing with Schenn and Askola.

We were able to catch up with Jasper Askola for a few words.

How does it feel to be drafted second overall, by the Maple Leafs?

"It's a great feeling you know. I wasn't too sure what to expect for the draft, as I had never played against most of those players so I had no idea how good they were and what not. But Mr. Burke was very welcoming and made it clear that he wants me to succeed and uh I am going to do what I can to make myself the best I can be."

Coach Ron Wilson and Brian Burke have agreed to put you on the second pairing with the Toronto Marlies, how does this affect you?

"Well hey, I wasn't expecting to make the team my first year, I'm only 18 and I have a lot to learn, not only about improving my game, but about adapting to this new country and the style of play, I have heard from friends that the North Americans play very differently. I am excited to be playing in Canada and the Marlies are a great team."

Ok thanks for your time.

"Alright thank you too."
Old 05-23-2011, 04:30 PM   #13
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

Alright guys just finishing up season 1. Currently in playoffs, when this ends I will post a major update with the three of us that played NHL or AHL hockey this season. One of us had a good season, one had a poor season, and the other had a decent, not good but not bad season.

I had a good season with the Blues 46-28-8, but was eliminated in the first round. I will be more detailed in the future with the Blues, but I really just want to get to the point where all of us are playing AHL or NHL hockey.

Leading Scorers for the Blues
Forwards-
C- Andy McDonald 29G 53A 82PTS
LW- David Perron 39G 41A 80PTS (Finished 4th in the NHL in goals)
RW- Chris Stewart 34G 37A 71PTS

Defense
D- Kevin Shattenkirk 5G 40A 45PTS

Goalies
G- Jaroslav Halak 66GP 38W 26L 2.41GAA 92.0SV% 8SO
G- Cory Schneider 15GP 9W 6L 2.75GAA 90.8SV% 1SO

NHL Team and Player Awards

Stanley Cup
Vancouver Canucks

Presidents' Trophy
Washington Capitals

Clarence S. Campbell Bowl
Vancouver Canucks

Prince of Wales Trophy
Tampa Bay Lightning

Art Ross Trophy
Marian Gaborik

Hart Memorial Trophy
Kari Lehtonen

James Norris Memorial Trophy
Mike Green

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy
Ilya Kovalchuk

Calder Memorial Trophy
Ondrej Pavelec

Conn Smythe Trophy
Roberto Luongo

Vezina Trophy
Kari Lehtonen

William M. Jennings Trophy
Kari Lehtonen

Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy
Mike Green

Fank J. Selke Trophy
Bryan Bickell

Ted Lindsay Award
Sydney Crosby

Maurice Richard Trophy
Sydney Crosby

Calder Cup
Charlotte Checkers

Last edited by thedudedominick; 05-23-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:07 PM   #14
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Interesting concept, wish I had signed up for this.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:22 PM   #15
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OS Created Player 2010/11 Stats (For NHL/AHL Players)

D- Jasper Askola
Regular Season Toronto Marlies
80GP 9G 53A 62PTS +9 6PPG 1GWG 130Hits
Playoffs Toronto Marlies
13GP 3G 5A +3 1PPG 1GWG

C- Dominick Bellini
Regular Season Rochester Americans
80GP 5G 17A 22PTS -8 3PPG 76Hits

RW- Robert Miller
Regular Season Atlanta Thrashers
82GP 14G 15A 29PTS -29 13PPG 3GWG 62Hits

-Jasper Askola impressed everyone in his first season in the AHL. He lead all AHL defensemen in assists, and proved why he was the number 2 overall pick in the draft. After a season like his, we expect to see him in the NHL at the start of the 2011 Season.

-Dominick Bellini was buried on the center depth chart in the Florida organization. He spent the entire season moving between the 4th and 3rd Lines in Rochester. He struggled to produce offensively, but saw very limited ice time.

-Robert Miller proved to be a force on the Powerplay for the Thrashers. He lead the team with 13 powerplay goals, meaning he only scored 1 even strength goal all season long. He had a solid, but unimpressive rookie season in the NHL, but was the first of our featured players to crack an NHL lineup. The extra season of experience might help him develop into one of the best Powerforwards in the NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
Rookie

Whoo, awesome

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »