Home

Pride, hustle, heart. An NHL 12 Leafs BAGM

This is a discussion on Pride, hustle, heart. An NHL 12 Leafs BAGM within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Pride, hustle, heart. An NHL 12 Leafs BAGM

Grabovski eh, what type of player are you looking for - center (I assume), winger ; veteran, sophmore, rookie, prospect?

Trying looking at the block and see who people are offering, then go from there.

Another idea ; since Toronto has great D depth, excluding Gardiner, you could always put together a package deal, I know in my chise the Sens/Devs are looking for D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 2

Injury update

We just recieved an update after last night's ranger game on D man Luke Schenn, who went down earlie in the first. Schenn managed to stumble off the ice under his own power but was helped by two trainers into the locker room. Schenn did not play again that game.

It has been confirmed that Schenn will miss the next five to six weeks with a broken foot that he recieved after blocking a shot from Michael Del Zotto.

Schenn, who sits fourth in the league for hits and is a team leading +23 is no doubt going to be missed. In his absence Keith Aulie will get a second shot to stick with the big club.

Here are the line changes for D now that Schenn is out.

Changes are in bold

Line one
LW Phil Kessel C Tim Connolly RW Nazem Kadri
LD John-Michael Liles RD Dion Phaneuf ©

Line two
LW Joffery Lupul C Matthew Lombardi RW Nikolai Kulemin
LD Cody Franson RD Mike Komisarek (A)

Line three
LW Mikhail Grabovski C Phillipe Dupuis RW Colby Armstrong
LD Keith Aulie RD Carl Gunnarsson

Line four
LW Colton Orr C Tyler Bozak RW Mike Brown

G1
James Reimer
G2
Jonas Gustavsson

PP one
LW Nikolai Kulemin C Tim Connolly RW Phil Kessel
LD John-Michael Liles RD Dion Phaneuf

PP two
LW Joffery Lupul C Matthew Lombardi RW Nazem Kadri
LD Cody Franson RD Mike Komisarek

4 Man PP one
C Tim Connolly RW Phil Kessel

4 Man PP two
C Matthew Lombardi RW Nikolai Kulemin
LD Cody Franson RD Mike Komisarek

PK one
C Phillipe Dupuis RW Colby Armstrong
LD Mike Komisarek RD Dion Phaneuf

PK two
C Tyler Bozak RW Mike Brown

3 Man PK one
C Phillipe Dupuis
LD Mike Komisarek RD Dion Phaneuf

3 Man PK two
C Tyler Bozak
Old 09-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 17

Ouch, tough loss for your blueline - Komi is not Schenn, haha
Old 09-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05
Ouch, tough loss for your blueline - Komi is not Schenn, haha
Rofl he definatly isn't, going to play Aulie in protected minutes for now as well.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #29
Pro

Hello and welcome everyone to a special TSN hockey insider report, I am hockey insider Bob McKenzie. The city of Toronto is a buzz of late with rampant rumors and speculations of trade talk. Some names like Komisarek, Grabovski, and even recently signed MacArthur have been mentioned in varying degrees among various hockey circles and media outlets it would seem that with trade deadline in the not so distant future there is some fact and basis to these rumors after all.

Though it is tough to predict such things, I have heard from reliable sources that the Toronto Maple Leafs are seeking a trading partner for some key assets who are struggling and may need a fresh start elsewhere, and while at this juncture I won't name names or possible locations it is becoming very clear that the desire to complete a deal is there and has been met with possible approval from multiple clubs in the NHL.

While it shouldn't be hard even for the casual observer to take a educated guess about who is currently struggling in the Leafs roster, which is almost everyone from line two down, and even some of the guys on those top two units. I am willing to go out on a sturdy limb here and say that guys like Phil Kessel, Tim Connolly, Nikolai Kulemin, Dion Phanuef and well, everyone else who is providing the season the club was hoping for are not going anywhere there are some guys on this squad who were penciled into this line up as cornerstones to a turn around season.

While you can absolutely say this has been a turn around season after the first fourth games you can also absolutely say key players who are yet to even touch the high water mark of fifteen total points have been complete disappointments not just in the fan base or media or even to those players themselves, but also to the front office.

The winds of change are blowing in Toronto and it would appear that with the first playoff appearance since the lock out, along with the hopes of a massive and starved fan base, steps will be taken to ensure those hopes become a reality.

As for which players and teams involved at this point in time I can't say for sure but it is evident from everything I am hearing that something is going to happen soon.

For TSN I am hockey insider Bob McKenzie.

Last edited by Dynasty; 09-30-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #30
Pro

Trade!

Hello and welcome everyone, once again I am Hockey insider Bob McKenzie, as I was eluding to in my last report the Toronto Maple Leafs were looking for a trading partner and they found one in the Montreal Canadiens.

The two clubs are swapping struggling players in this deal while Montreal gets immediate help Toronto will be waiting a while before their acquisition will see the ice.

Toronto trades:
LW Clarke MacArthur 26 years old 3.25M per year 2 years remaining on his contract 83 overall C/C/C potential

C Tyler Bozak 25 years old 1.5M per year 2 years remaining on his contract 81 overall C/C/C potential

2012 2nd round pick (TOR)

To Montreal for:

LW Max Pacioretty 23 years old 1.5M per season 2 years remaining on his contract 83 overall B/B-/B- potential

2012 4th round pick (MON)

Montreal who is sitting 6th in the NHL with 57 points are feeling good about their playoff hopes and wanted to add depth and youth to the organization, MacArthur adds a strong two way presence that can fit into any line you need help on. Even though MacArthur has struggled this year after signing his contract in the off season he can still be a great asset to Montreal, with two years on his contract he has time to produce.

Bozak comes in as a struggling center who is on a recent upswing, scoring 4 goals and three assists in the past ten games Bozak will fit into Montreal on possibly the third, maybe even second unit depending on where they need the help, showing good responsibility in the defensive end and boasting a 57.8% winning percentage in the faceoff circle Bozak could be depended on in almost any situation.

Toronto receives a player in pacioretty who has had a hard time staying healthy in the past two years. Last season after receiving a hit from Zdeno Chara into a stantion Pacioretty's season was ended with a broken vertebra and concussion. Looking forward to getting a fresh start this season Pacioretty was slotted onto Montreal's top scoring line, but his season was cut short multiple times, first suffering a broken hand in the first week of regular season hockey Max missed three weeks of play time, after returning from that injury Pacioretty went down with a concussion after receiving a hit from behind from Blues forward Andy McDonald.

His second concussion in under a year’s time Pacioretty struggled with his rehab and was held out for another two months, again only a short time after returning to the active line up Pacioretty was knocked out of it after receiving a clean check but suffering from concussion symptoms, which is where he currently sits. A return time is hard to nail down at this point as Pacioretty has been up and down with his rehab, the last statement received from the ailing winger said he would be feeling okay and symptom free for a few days then again start to get dizzy.

At this point it's a shot in the dark for the Toronto Maple Leafs on Pacioretty, which seems to fit the bill of late. But if he can make a return to NHL hockey and remain healthy Pacioretty could give the leafs what they are missing, a top six physical presence with scoring touch.

Media Conference with Leafs GM Brian Burke:

Yes of course we are aware Max is injured, and has struggled with injuries this year. He has been looked at by our doctors and we have had discussions with him our selves, not only do we believe that Max will make a recovery, but we believe he will get into the line up this year and will be a productive player.

Unfortunately Clarke and Tyler were not producing where we needed them to, and after discussions went on with the Canadiens it was clear that the deal could be made, and we jumped on it quickly. We had started discussing players and pieces about three weeks ago but the deal didn't become solid until two days ago, the Canadiens felt they needed more options in their line up, and since Max was injured at the time they are not removing anyone from their current roster, only adding to it.

As for where Max will play, that is up to Ron and the coaching staff when Pacioretty is able to come back, he has the size and skill to play top six minutes and produce top six numbers but we all know how concussions can be. We believe he is reasonably close to a return but we won't know for sure until he is able to get out there and try it out.

I wanted to also say thank you to everything MacArthur and Bozak have done for this organization to this point and I am sorry that things didn't work out as we had planned. I was able to speak with both players before any of this news went live and I explained why this deal was done and why they were included in it.

I have a lot of respect for these two guys as you all know Clarke plays with a lot of heart and focused himself last year, found a lot of success and earned himself the contract that was signed, and he has struggled this season that is true but I believe he will be productive again.

As well with Bozak, who we picked up out of college hockey. Tyler had struggled to find his place but I also believe that he was asked to do a lot of things that are not in his skill set, once he found his place he was consistent and valuable.

I wish both of these guys well.

On the other hand we are excited to be able to get Pacioretty, who my staff and I believe will be an asset to this club in the near future, he is big and strong with a good pair of hands and a nose for the net. We believe Max is a piece of the puzzle we were missing and we are excited to have him. Hopefully he will be able to return to the ice sooner rather than later
Old 10-02-2011, 12:48 PM   #31
Pro

50 game mega update

On the injury front:

It has been a rough stretch to be a Maple Leafs recently.

Dion Phaneuf and Keith Aulie were both injured during the back half of a home and home with the New York Islanders, Luckily for the team it was the all star break after the home and home series.

Dion Phaneuf is now cleared to play, although his shoulder is still bothering him the body banging D man refuses to sit idle stating that all the games are important in today’s NHL, regardless of the schedule or your teams position. I need to get back out there and help the boys continue our strong season.

On the flip side of that Keith Aulie strained his hamstring and is being referred to as day to day at this point, with an expected return of in the next three games. Aulie who played poorly during his first call up earlier this year has played a might tighter defensive game saying that he just needed to simplify his game and block people out, rub them out on the boards and get the puck out, everything else would come.

Luke Schenn has begun to skate with the team again, his foot remains sore and he is unable to take on the rigours of hockey just yet but his return is very close, team doctors are estimating that if Luke continues on the way he has been recovering he will be back within a week, two at the most. Schenn was on camera this morning after the teams skate and said that he is eager to return to the line up.

Max Pacioretty has been cleared to resume play! Head Coach Ron Wilson has mentioned that he believes Pacioretty will get time on the top scoring units, but at this time it is hard to determine. Pacioretty who was acquired earlier in a trade with Montreal has struggled all year with multiple injuries, the ailing forward is just hoping to find his groove on the ice and help the Leafs into this year’s playoffs.

Pacioretty to Connolly To Kessel, Pacioretty's first point as a leaf

Speaking of the all-star break here were your all star invites:

2012 NHL All-Star Game Rosters
PosEast StartersPosWest Starters
LWDaniel SedinLWAlexander Ovechkin
CPavel DatsyukCSidney Crosby
RW Jarome IginlaRWMarion Gaborik
DRyan SuterDAndrei Markov
DDrew DoughtyDZdeno Chara
GSemyon VarlomovGMartin Brodeur
PosEast ReservesPosWest Reserves
LWDanny HeatleyLWIlya Kovalchuk
CRyan GetzlafCSteven Stamkos
RW Patrick KaneRWDaniel Briere
DAlex GoligoskiDEd Jovanovski
DDan BoyleDThomas Kaberle
LWShane DoanLWMilan Michalek
CPaul StastnyCEric Staal
RWDavid BackesRWZach Parise
DAnton StralmanDAndrew Greene
DMarek ZidlickyDJohn-Michael Liles
LWJordan EberleLWNikolai Antropov
CJoe PavelskiCDerek Roy
RWDevin SetoguchiRWMichael Grabner
GMikka KiprusoffGJames Reimer

From Toronto D man John-Michael Liles and Goalie James Reimer. Liles helped with one assist and Reimer made 11 saves, allowing three goals. The final score was team Suter (east) 9 and team Staal (west) 11.

Liles beats Howard

Toronto adds depth:

After dropping three D men Toronto dipped into free agency picking up two veteran players.

Toronto signs:

LW Todd Fedoruk 32 years old .830M 1 year deal 79 overall C/C/C potential

D Steve Staios 38 years old .525M 1 year deal 79 overall C-/C-/C- potential

Brian Burke had the following to say about this recent signings:

"This is a pure depth move that much is obvious. But we also picked up two guys who knows this game inside and out and we will be expecting them to make a good contribution when the chance is afforded to them"

Lombardi to Kadri, GOOOAAALLLLLLL!

With all the movement and changes here are your updated lines:

Changes are in bold

Line one
LW Phil Kessel C Tim Connolly RW Max Pacioretty
LD John-Michael Liles RD Dion Phaneuf ©

Line two
LW Nikolai Kulemin C Matthew Lombardi RW Nazem Kadri
LD Cody Franson RD Mike Komisarek (A)

Line three
LW Colby Armstrong C Mikhail Grabovski RW Joffery Lupul
LD Steve Staios RD Carl Gunnarsson

Line four
LW Colton Orr C Phillipe Dupuis RW Mike Brown

G1
James Reimer
G2
Jonas Gustavsson

PP one
LW Phil Kessel C Tim Connolly RW Nazem Kadri

PP two
LW Max Pacioretty C Matthew Lombardi RW Nikolai Kuelimin
LD Cody Franson RD Carl Gunnarsson

4 Man PP one
C Tim Connolly RW Phil Kessel

4 Man PP two
C Matthew Lombardi RW Nikolai Kulemin
LD Cody Franson RD Carl Gunnarsson

PK one
C Phillipe Dupuis RW Colby Armstrong
LD Mike Komisarek RD Cody Franson

PK two
C Mikhail Grabovski RW Mike Brown
LD Dion Phaneuf RD Steve Staios

3 Man PK one
C Phillipe Dupuis
LD Mike Komisarek RD Carl Gunnarsson

3 Man PK two
C Mikhail Grabovski
LD Steve Staios RD Dion Phaneuf

Toronto Maple Leafs Stats - 2012
SkatersGPGAPTS+/-GWPIMSOGSPCT
Phil Kessel50231743178183248%
Tim Connolly5093039164151297%
Matthew Lombardi50152136221812112.4%
Nikolai Kulemin491618342121814111.3%
Nazem Kadri33213241051812816.4%
Joffery Lupul50121123121261637.4%
Luke Schenn442182023018464.3%
Dion Phaneuf496131917224777.8%
John-Michael Liles50613191822926.5%
Cody Franson4021517806543.7%
Colby Armstrong50781541101106.4%
Carl Gunnarsson500141412010420
Colton Orr415712102143912.8%
Max Pacioretty2056113110406.8%
Mikhail Grabovski5047111081023.9%
Mike Brown50561110121746.8%
Phillipe Dupuis3337107010446.8%
Mike Komisarek50371019143407.5%
GoaliesGPWLTGAATOISVSV%SHO
James Reimer37221502.282240920.9156
Jonas Gustavsson139302.06788340.9271

Plusses:

The team has struggled with a lot of injuries, particularly on the back end. Though they have been depleted of late the Leafs have continued to soldier forward and their line up is close to being healthy once more. With the return of physical force Dion Phaneuf and newly acquired Max Pacioretty the only ones left to return are Keith Aulie and Luke Schenn.

James Reimer has continued to prove he’s here to stay, posting excellent numbers and now having his first all star game under his belt the humble Reimer continues to look forward and ahead to the playoffs, instead of back over his shoulder.

Matthew Lombardi and Nikolai Kulemin have paired up to make an effective second line, with the recent addition of Kadri this line has speed to burn and talent to score. Lombardi has continued to scale up the points chart claiming that "now I got my legs back, things are much better for me and my line"

Phaneuf to Kadri, Dingle, Dangle, Goal

Minuses:

Injuries have stung the D core of late, and that is to be expected from a very physical leaf blue line. The Leafs can only hope that with the season creeping to a close with only 32 games remaining everyone will remain healthy and they can enter the playoffs with a complete roster.

NHL League Leaders - Updated: Jan 2, 2012
GoalsGAssistsA
1. Alexander Ovechkin341. Brad Richards40
2. Marion Gaborik332. Patrick Kane39
3. Patrick Kane303. Eric Staal39
4. Sidney Crosby304. Joe Thornton38
5. Brian Gionta285. Sidney Crosby37
PointsPTSPlus/Minus+/-
1. Patrick Kane691. Sidney Crosby23
2. Sidney Crosby672. Luke Schenn23
3. Marion Gaborik633. Pascal Dupuis22
4. Alexander Ovechkin604. Matthew Lombardi22
5. Eric Staal585. Dustin Brown21
WinsWGoals Against AverageGAA
1. Mikka Kiprusoff261. Mikka Kiprusoff1.92
2. Semyon Varlomov262. Semyon Varlomov2.23
3. Thomas Vokoun233. Marc-Andre Fleury2.27
4. Carey Price224. James Reimer2.28
5. Corey Crawford225. Martin Brodeur2.30
Save PercentageSV%ShutoutsSO
1. Mikka Kiprusoff.9361. Cam Ward7
2. Marc-Andre Fleury.9242. Martin Brodeur6
3. Semyon Varlomov.9223. James Reimer6
4. Martin Brodeur.9224. Tim Thomas6
5. Cam Ward.9185. Nikolai Khabibulin6

+1 goal for Phil Kessel

NHL Standings - Updated: Jan 2, 2012
EAST PLAYOFF RACEWLOTLPTSGFGA
Toronto3113668155116
Washington2916462150129
Montreal2817561155136
Tampa Bay2917361143131
Florida2716559158135
Pittsburgh2719458146131
New Jersey2618557144139
Boston2421351126123
Philidelphia20181151135146
NY Rangers2422250142139
Carolina2326349140148
Winnipeg2326248134159
Buffalo2225347131146
Ottawa2129345125162
NY Islanders2025444132154
WEST PLAYOFF RACEWLOTLPTSGFGA
Colorado3415371153123
Chicago2816763158146
Calgary2918462123110
San Jose2714761159127
Nashville2820359160150
Detroit2519757161147
Los Angeles2518757152159
Columbus2520555142136
Vancouver2522353129136
St. Louis2321551123137
Edmonton2323450120134
Minnesota2223549154183
Phoenix2126446136163
Anaheim2024545128150
Dallas1924543132149

BOOM!

Trade deadline update:

Hello and welcome everyone I am Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie. With trade deadline less than a month away it is time to look at the Toronto Maple Leafs and what may, or may not happen.

Many people would say that it has been a good many years since a capable goaltender has been in Toronto, and for the past season and a half James Reimer has been making a bid to claim that title, most would agree that he has done a stellar job in net this year and continues to show upside as the year rolls on. With a capable goaltender, and also Jonas Gustaffson playing the role of backup, and playing it well it is easy to look elsewhere on the leafs roster for possible trade bait.

With the addition of Max Pacioretty earlier last month it is safe to say that the first two lines are all but locked up air tight, barring injury that is. With Phil Kessel and Tim Connolly living up to everyone’s expectations thus far, and the added size and skill of Pacioretty line one doesn't require much in the way of tinkering.

Nazem Kadri has stepped up to the plate, though he has gone completely cold in the past ten games he has shown all with a 23 point production in 33 games he is here to stay. Skating alongside Nikolai Kulemin and Matthew Lombardi, this second line is doing what last year’s first line (Kulemin, Grabovski, MacArthur) did, so again no reason to tinker with this line.

With a third line that is producing at a decent clip I don’t see much reason to change it up. Armstrong has done everything Brian Burke ever asked of him, producing points and providing a physical upfront presence, I don’t see him moving anywhere. Odd Man out here would be Mikhail Grabovski, one year detached from a career year Grabovski has fallen down to a third line plugger and pk speedster, given that this is a contract year for Grabovski it is possible that he could be moved to another team willing to take a gamble but it would have to require a center coming back in the deal, since Tyler Bozak was traded earlier, and it's very clear Burke wants Colborne left in the AHL for development someone would have to fill in at center. Joffery Lupul has been streaky to say the least but again he is doing what the organization expects of him, though I would expect his points to stagnate a little now that he is demoted to third line minutes, there is a chance Lupul could move, but with the ability to place first line in case of injury it may be wise to hold onto Lupul for the time being.

I would wager that the fourth line has the biggest chance to change but even that change wouldn’t be seen as a must do thing for Brian Burke. Colton Orr is having a career year for points; Phillipe Dupuis is playing as advertised, as is Mike Brown. While none of these guys are blowing anyone’s doors off, they are doing exactly as they are expected. The odd man out here would be Orr. After suffering a concussion during the 2010-2011 season Orr has been reluctant to drop the gloves and while he has been producing points it would seem he has entered a gray area so to speak, where no one is quite sure what to do with him.

From the league side of the coin there hasn't been too much murmuring on Toronto trade talk, more likely GM's at this point are kicking tires to see what is available and the general asking price for commodities. With the Leafs charging towards their first playoff appearance in many years it would seem obvious that one thing they do lack is playoff experience, with only a few roster members seeing the post season, and many players in key positions who have never seen it, maybe a move to get Veteran experience would be smart for Brian Burke and company.

Whichever way the cards do fall it won’t be long until we find out, for TSN I am hockey insider Bob McKenzie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #32
Pro

Okay, so I have been experiencing alot of issues with my ps3 of late, alot of crashing and freezing. Also last night I had played up to the 60th game and this morning when I turned on the ps3 I got a blue screen and nothing else.

After muddling with it for a coupe hours are trying to restore the database etc I was left with no option but to restore to default, which means I had to format the harddrive, removing all of my saved information.

The good news (so far) is that the ps3 is once again running smoothly and I really hope it continues to since I don't want to buy a new one lol but obviously my be a GM save files are toast.

Since I've played so far into the season I have decided that I will simulate up to the 60 game mark then continue on from there, sadly this means that it is unlikely the stats will be the same as they were before, which is sad cause Kessel had just scored his 30th goal

At any rate, when I'm done simming later today I will do a 60 game update like normal, just expect to see different numbers.

I hope you all will continue to read this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »