Home

This Fire is Out of Control - Calgary Flames BaGM

This is a discussion on This Fire is Out of Control - Calgary Flames BaGM within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: This Fire is Out of Control - Calgary Flames BaGM

Well, it's been a comedy of errors trying to get this dynasty going again. Since my last update:

1) Internet stopped working for about a week. Played through the playoffs and got some stats written down to do updates with.
2) Started writing out a nice big update, only to have my internet go down again as I was about to post. Lost it all.
3) Spilled chocolate milk all over my stats papers, and they were pretty much unsalvageable.
4) Power cable on my xbox died so I couldn't even turn it on. Got a new one a few days ago.
5) Controller broke, no idea what happened but it won't turn on. Had to go buy a new one as well.

Essentially, I had no stats and I couldn't even go on NHL to get scores or anything. Everything is finally back in order now, so I'm gonna try to get this going again over reading week. The playoffs are going to be largely by memory, so if there are any inconsistencies, don't worry about it, I probably remembered wrong.

Gonna crank out an update in the next few hours, and hopefully this time I can get some momentum with the updates. Also, being home and having a second screen to put NHL on is going to make all the difference for this week.

Once again, sorry guys, I'm gonna try to get this going again. It just frustrates me when I have to spend 5 hours doing what should be a 1 hour job because of technical difficulties and whatnot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #42
Rookie

Flames rally to win game 2
Miikka Kiprusoff was sensational in game two, making 41 saves to hold the Flames in a game they did not deserve to win. The Oilers dominated for the majority of play, and held a 3-1 lead late in the third period. However, a Rene Bourque centering pass deflected in off a skate with 5:23 to go, and Jarome Iginla tipped home the tying goal with 6 seconds to play as the Flames somehow found themselves playing for the win in overtime.

Giving up the tying goal seemed to deflate the young Oilers, as the Flames needed only 48 seconds before Lee Stempniak jumped on a rebound to tie up the series.

Game three moves back to Calgary where the Flames have been dominant all season.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #43
Rookie

Flames take the lead after 3-2 win in game 3
In a tight-checking affair, the Flames managed to get the better of the Oilers by a score of 3-2. The Flames held leads of 1-0 and 3-1 at the end of the first and second periods, and were able to keep the speedy Oilers to the outside, limiting the scoring chances greatly. Miikka Kiprusoff only faced 23 shots to pick up his second win of the series, while the Flames peppered the Oiler net with 38.

Rene Bourque scored twice to pace the Flames while Sam Gagner picked up a goal and an assist for the Oilers.

The Flames will look to build on their lead in game 4.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:47 PM   #44
Rookie

Oilers fight back in Game 4
The Edmonton Oilers came back with a vengeance in game 4 after losing back to back games. They outshot the Flames 36-21 and the outcome never appeared to be in doubt. An early goal by Sam Gagner gave the Oilers a lead they would never relinquish, and Ales Hemsky made it 2-0 before the end of the first.

37 seconds after Mikael Backlund made it 2-1, Gagner found Ben Eager alone in the slot to restore the 2-goal cushion. Olli Jokinen finished off a rebound with his net empty, but it was too little too late.

Game five comes back to Edmonton as they look to build momentum from this win.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #45
Rookie

Oilers take game 5, one win away

The Edmonton Oilers are one win away from eliminating their provincial rivals after taking game five by a score of 4-3. Miikka Kiprusoff was pulled after allowing the Oilers to jump out to a 3-0 lead on only 8 shots. Sam Gagner led the charge, scoring one of the goals and assisting on the other two. The Flames managed to narrow the score to 3-2 by the end of the first on goals by Rene Bourque and Jarome Iginla.

The second period was a goaltending clinic, as Henrik Karlsson and Nikolai Khabibulin took turns making highlight-reel saves. Karlsson had one especially impressive pad save on a Ben Eager breakaway. The score remained 3-2 at the end of 2.

The Oilers then took control of the game in the third period, as the Flames went 9:34 before their first shot. Ales Hemsky put the Oilers up 4-2 by sneaking a snapshot under the right arm of Karlsson. Once again, the Flames scored in the last minute but it wasn't enough.

The Flames return home to Calgary to try to avoid elimination in Game 6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #46
Rookie

Flames hold on for Game 6 win
In a game they absolutely had to win, the Calgary Flames played their best of the season, dominating the Oilers in all categories for a 4-2 win. A goal just 24 seconds in by Jarome Iginla set the tone as the Flames were relentless, forcing turnovers all over the ice and not allowing the Oilers to get any kind of offensive possession. Mark Giordano scored to make it 2-0 on an end-to-end rush as the Flames closed out the first period.

Goals by Rene Bourque and Iginla sandwiched around Taylor Hall's extended the lead to 4-1, and the Flames played tight defense the rest of the way, limiting the Oilers to just 9 shots in the third period. Ryan Whitney managed to sneak a slapshot through a screen, but the lead never looked in doubt.

Game 7 is back in Edmonton.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #47
Rookie

Flames move on to round 2
In a game where offense was hard to come by, a couple of lucky bounces helped the Flames to a 3-1 win in game 7. Both teams played cautiously as neither wanted to make a mistake that would end their season. The first period ended 0-0 and the shots reflected the defensive nature of the play: 7-6 in favor of Calgary

The second period managed to create some drama. First, Ryan Whitney's harmless looking wrist shot from the point managed to deflect off a defenseman's stick right to Jordan Eberle, and he buried the chance. Jarome Iginla replied soon after, wiring home a one-timer from the top of the faceoff circle. Then, a weak-looking shot by Olli Jokinen managed to squeak through Khabibulin to put the Flames in front. Finally, Curtis Glencross managed to bang home his own rebound on a 1-on-3 to give the Flames some security.

A 3-1 lead was all the Flames needed as they rode the stellar play of Miikka Kiprusoff to victory.

The Flames will face Chicago in the second round as the Blackhawks dispatched of Nashville in 6 games.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #48
Rookie

Playoff Preview

(5) Chicago Blackhawks

(43-29-10)
Home: 25-12-4
Away: 18-17-6
267 GF (1st)
243 GA (24th)
PP: 20.7% (5th)