Home

Tazer19's Blackhawks Dynasty

This is a discussion on Tazer19's Blackhawks Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #33
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Tazer19's Blackhawks Dynasty

Hawks Blow Another Lead to Wings, Remain Second in Central

There is nothing like wide open hockey from the Red Wings and the Hawks. That's exactly what it was in the first period as there were very few whistles and good end to end action. Detroit ended up outshooting the Hawks 8-5 in the 1st period, but the lack of shots can be attributed to players giving up their bodies to block shots. The Hawks were able to strike first about half way thru the 1st period as Patrick Kane used a quick stick to knock a puck loose and bury a backhander past Howard all in one motion. Crawford was strong as he was able to make save after save thru traffic, Detroit is on their game when there are bodies in front, and there are plenty of them today

Kane Makes it 1-0

A wide open second period yielded three goals, two from Detroit, and one from the Hawks. With the Hawks already leading one nothing, Davey Bolland struck again, splitting two defenders and beating Howard short side to give the Hawks a 2-0 lead. Then Detroit took over, Todd Bertuzzi in particular. Nick Leddy broke his stick which left Keith back to basically defend a 2 on 1. Crawford made a big save, but Bertuzzi crashed the net and knocked Leddy into Crawford which allowed the puck to sneak thru the five hole and cut the deficit to one. A short three minute later Bertuzzi struck again, coming down the wing on a three on two Bertuzzi opted to fire it, and beat Crawford short side to tie the game at two. Things are getting chippy which included Brad Stuart giving a DDT to Dave Bolland, no call on the play but the third period should be entertaining to say the least.

Bolland Scores to Make it 2-0

Bertuzzi Gets Credit for the Goal; Shouldn't Have Counted

Old Man Bertuzzi Still Has it Ties it at Two

The Rat is Under the Skin of the Wings, Stuart Has Had Enough After the Whistle

Another game against Detroit, and another third period collapse by the Hawks. After going back and forth with the Wings all then night Detroit gets the last laugh as a Kronwall wrister found it's way thru everyone including Crawford with 16 seconds left in the third, definitely a goal he wants back. For the most part the Hawks were flat, there have been some rumblings that some new blood might be injected into the lineup, it remains to be seen what that might be, but we'll see soon enough.

Game Winning Goal from Kronwall; Crawford Wants This One Back

Detroit Red Wings at Chicago Blackhawks
Jan 8, 2012123F
DET (29-10-2)0213
CHI (27-13-2)1102
Three Stars
Todd Bertuzzi, DET
2 Goals; 1 Assist
Niklas Kronwall, DET
1 Goal, GWG
Patrick Kane, CHI
1 Goal
Team Stats Comparison
DETCHI
Shots on Goal3119
Hits85
Faceoffs Won-Lost16-99-16
Penalty Minutes0:002:00
Power Plays Converted00
Power Play Opportunities10
Time on Attack4:434:58
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
CHIPatrick Kane (13), (unassisted) - 9:27
SECOND PERIOD
CHIDave Bolland (17), (Stalberg, Leddy) - 3:32
DETTodd Bertuzzi (8), (unassisted) - 12:18
DETTodd Bertuzzi (9), (Lidstrom) - 15:50
THIRD PERIOD
DETNiklas Kronwall (3), (White, Bertuzzi) - 19:44
Detroit Red Wings - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Jimmy Howard191789%2.00
Chicago Blackhawks - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Corey Crawford312890%3.01
Old 11-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #34
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Game Day Preview
Tuesday, January 10, 2011 - United Center

17-20-4

27-13-4

Another Central Division foe enters the UC, the Hawks looking for a full 60 minute effort will have to work for the 2 points despite the Jackets record, they always compete.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #35
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Hawks Get Out of Their Own Way to Beat Columbus

A disturbing trend is continuing for the Hawks. Late period meltdowns are starting to cost the Hawks on the scoreboard. After coming out flying for the second game in a row, Patrick Kane was able to beat Steve Mason early to give the Hawks a 1-0 edge less than two minutes into the game. The Hawks then were able to carry the play, only allowing Columbus 51 seconds of offensive zone time, but couldn't get that pivotal second goal. The Blue Jackets came in on a rush with 10 seconds left that somehow turned into a two on one, Crawford made the big stop but no one was there to clear the rebound and Samuel Pahlsson was able to put it home into an empty net as Crawford was down and out. The shots favor Columbus 8-7 after one period of play, and the game is tied up at 1.

Kane Scores Early to Make it 1-0

Mason Comes up Large to Keep it a 1 Goal Game

Pahlsson Scores to Tie it With 3 Seconds Left

Different period same result, again. The Hawks were flying thanks to a rare power play opportunity in which the Hawks threw everything they had at Steve Mason, unfortunately Mason was too much, not allowing anything to get past him. The Hawks best line of Bolland, Stalberg, and Hossa was able to dent the scoresheet as the net presence was phenomal. Hossa deflected a point shot that Mason stopped, however Bolland poked a rebound free to Stalberg who made no mistake to give the Hawks a 2-1 lead. That last until, you guessed it, late in the second period when Rich Nash came down the wing and made Steve Montador look silly then roofed a backhander past Crawford to even the game at 2 with 1:26 remaining in the period. The Hawks outshot Columbus 18-13 in a wide open period, we of to the third knotted at 2.

Net Presence From Kane, Deflects Wide

Net Presence Leads to Stalberg Goal to Make it 2-1 Hawks

Nash with a Beauty to Tie it at 2

Sometimes teams are just not meant to win certain games. This may be own of them for the Hawks. With 8 minutes left in the third Patrick Kane found a wide open Michael Frolik who let a wicked wrister go that beat Mason clean, then rang off the post. Four minutes later with the Hawks still pushing hard Marian Hossa crashed the net looking for a rebound, he may have mad contact with Mason, he did get the rebound and sent a beauty of a backhander over Mason to give the Hawks a 3-2 lead late in the 3rd. Not so Fast! The goal was immediately waived off, and Hossa was given a two minute minor for goaltender interference. The Hawks did a fantastic job killing that penalty and then near the end of it got a power play of their own. The #1 unit in the league took the ice and got nothing done, Hossa was wide open in the slot for a one time and the puck bounced over his stick and that was the extent of the power play. We remain tied at 2 headed to OT, can't wait to see what other weird, wacky stuff will happen then.

The Post Denies Frolik, Game Still Tied at 2

Mason Scrambling to Keep it Tied Late in the Third

Weird and wacky? How about Steve Montador scoring the game winner in OT! Looking like he was shot out of a cannon Montador came directly off the bench on a change and made a bee line directly to the net where Duncan Keith found him streaking in. Montador let go a laser of a wrist shot beating Mason and giving the Hawks a hard earned two points before they finish off their homestand against Minnesota.

Montador Wins it in Overtime!

Columbus Blue Jackets at Chicago Blackhawks
Jan 10, 2012123OTF
CBJ (17-20-3)11002
CHI (28-13-2)11013
Three Stars
Corey Crawford, CHI
29 Saves
Steve Montador, CHI
1 Goal, GWG
Patrick Sharp, CHI
2 Assists
Team Stats Comparison
CBJCHI
Shots on Goal2930
Hits1510
Faceoffs Won-Lost13-1010-13
Penalty Minutes4:004:00
Power Plays Converted00
Power Play Opportunities22
Time on Attack4:217:50
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
CHIPatrick Kane (14), (Toews, Sharp) - 1:36
CBJSami Pahlsson (4), (Johansen, Clitsome) - 19:57
SECOND PERIOD
CHIViktor Stalberg (8), (Bolland, Hossa) - 5:48
CBJRick Nash (14), (Wisniewski, Mason) - 18:34
OVERTIME
CHISteve Montador (2), (Keith, Sharp) - 3:52
Columbus Blue Jackets - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Steve Mason302790%2.84
Chicago Blackhawks - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Corey Crawford292793%1.91
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #36
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Is anyone out there following!?!?!? I hope so, feedback is always welcomed here or on my blog. I have some awesome graphics in the works for game recaps, moves, stories.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #37
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

We are just about halfway thru the season so I'm working on my new graphics, and I'm going to post all the expanded standings and such tonight. Hope you guys like them!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #38
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

NEW GRAPHICS WOOOO! Sorry, I work hard on my stuff, so I really like it.

My Thoughts: WTF New Jersey, is it really possible to be THAT bad? Oh wait, I forgot about last year. They have clearly dug themselves a pretty big hole in the division and the Conference, FAIL FOR NAIL!? Other then them, wow, how about the Atlantic?? What a division race we have here, very impressed by that, and love to see the Islanders making a push in the first half of the season, can't wait to see how it turns out. Speaking of the Islanders, and the other New York team in the division, how about those road records? Usually if a team can win like that on the road they should be in good shape to make the top 8, we'll see how it pans out.

My Prediction: Flyers are too strong, they hold off the Pens who make a push as the Rangers fade

What are your guys predictions, would love to hear them!

Last edited by Tazer19; 11-12-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #39
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

My Thoughts: Another tight race here, with only 8 points separating 1st and 4th in the division. It also looks like the Stanley Cup hangover is plaguing the Bruins as they are almost half way thru the season and they are on pace for only 80 points which will not get them back into the tourney of 16. Lot's of goals being scored, and lot's of goals being given up in this division as well, 125 is a big number for Ottawa. Finally, pray to whatever you God you pray to that you do not have to face the Sabres in your home rink, my goodness that record is insane on the road.

My Prediction: I think Buffalo falters because I don't think they can keep that pace up on the road, Montreal takes the division.

Your thoughts/predictions?
Old 11-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #40
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

My Thoughts: This might be the one division that is already over, no one looks like they want or can pose a threat to the Caps this year. Florida looks like they are putting on a show everytime they are on the ice, 130+ for goals scored and goals against, good, but not really I guess. Welcome back to the NHL Winnipeg, glad that last place in the Southeast can now be colder.

My Predictions: Caps run away with this division, and if Florida can find any defense/goaltending I think they challenge for the 2nd spot in the division and sneak into the playoffs.

Your thoughts/predictions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »