Home

Johnnyrock's Dynasty - Canucks get the cup!

This is a discussion on Johnnyrock's Dynasty - Canucks get the cup! within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Johnnyrock's Dynasty - Canucks get the cup!

Getting their groove back.

VANCOUVER -- Henrik Sedin was on fire tonight!

He scored a goal in the beginning of the 1st period and bounced right back with another! "I'm not usually a scorer but I think this season will be." Henrik Sedin said. Ryan Kesler also bounced in a goal as he deked 3 players charging at the net forcing in a goal. "I'm too fast." Kesler joked.

Not only that but Luongo seems to be getting his groove slowly back. "I am stopping shots more frequently, and getting my speed, with my positioning skills back," Luongo said, "When November comes, I think I will be back on top, tip top." He stopped 25 shots with a save percentage of 89%

Although the Canucks lost in OT, they are 1-4-1, having an extremely slow start towards the season. "We aren't usually like this, but I have a feeling we'll get winning streaks." Daniel Sedin mentioned. He also had an assist from one of Henrik Sedin goals.

Canucks, will once again lead the western conference soon enough.

On the game match-up against the playoff contender: Nashville Predators, Luongo will once again be in the starting lineup.

Injury Report:
Mason Raymond has been injured from a fractured arm, and he will return sometime in 2-3 weeks. Kevin Bieska is still out from play from the huge hit during last game with the Edmonton Oilers.

New York Rangers at Vancouver Canucks
Oct 18, 123OTF
NYR (1-2-1)10214
VAN (1-4-0)12003
Three Stars
Henrik Sedin, C
2 Goals, 1 Assist
Ryan Kesler, C
1 Goal, 1 Assist
Aaron Rome, D
3 Assists
Team Stats Comparison
NYRVAN
Shots on Goal2826
Hits64
Faceoffs Won-Lost15-2020-15
Penalty Minutes4:002:00
Power Plays Converted0/10/2
Power Play Opportunities12
Time on Attack5:446:25
Scoring Summary
New York Rangers - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Henrik Lundqvist262388%3.20
Vancouver Canucks - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Roberto Luongo282589%3.01
Old 11-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #10
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17

Just can't buy a win right now, eh? Keep plugging away, they will come, these sliders make you earn your victories!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #11
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer19
Just can't buy a win right now, eh? Keep plugging away, they will come, these sliders make you earn your victories!
Slow start is probably usual for the Canucks, wait til later on in the season when they explode with their offensive ability!

Anyways:

Memories from Nashville Predators

Remember the playoff run? Beating Nashville in game 6? Well they came back, remembering the old series and it was yet again a defensive game.

The Canucks tried to pull a good offensive push, but it didn't work out so well as what we've planned, and it ended up being 2-1. It was although a great game for Luongo since we saw signs of him getting his groove back and him improving as well.

"I always look ways to improve," Luongo said, "There is always something to improve upon." Luongo stopping 22 shots and having a 92% Save percentage means something special.

The Canucks will be looking to get this slump out of the way and start getting some winning streaks soon.

Schneider will be in place against Minnesota Wild. He states that he is pumped for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #12
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

Yay more games ^_^ ( i need to find a suitable slider because I keep losing on DJ's sliders and even Tazer's sliders too. Can someone help me find a good slider?)

Spectacular Goalie!

Cory Schneider impressed us by stopping 28 shots and letting only 1 pass through. "I was angry from last game getting 6-2, so I had to change it." Schneider said.

In the 1st period, Schneider alone stopped 12 shots, Leaving the wild over-thinking. This caused turnovers and our friend ALEXANDRE BORROWS scores for us once again, after his last goal against the boston bruins.
Schneider was playing great.

With the great effort of goaltending, our OFFENSE still struggles. Our defensive pairs our great so far, even with Kevin Bieska injured. They have been playing exceptionally well today. Thanks to them, it was another low scoring game.

"Schneider Man... Schneider man.." Kesler Joked. Kesler had a great physical game, hitting everyone to create opportunities for a scoring chance.

With a win on home, it will be great for our 2 road-game trip, so we can get a winning streak going on. Schneider will be put on the line-up against Edmonton.

(No boxscore accidently forgot the stats )

Last edited by johnnyrocks; 11-30-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #13
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

One more then I'm off until tomorrow!
---------

VANCOUVER BC -- Again, Cory Schneider was excellent. All about Schneider man now!

As we play against the Edmonton Oilers, we had to get our momentum and the ability to be able to play offense again and this game proved we did it. All the momentum started on getting the sweet big hits although there were a few, it was enough to get the canucks filled with energy.

Our offense exploded and leaded 3-0 into the 3rd period. A complete shutout by Cory Schneider until near the end, the RNH kids managed to pull off 2 goals. "I am still in the zone." Schneider said. He has gotten better ever since the Detroit red wings game.

Now the canucks have a 2-game winning streak and they hope to get their 3rd winning streak to make it officially "hot". The Canucks are coming back with a comeback!

Henrik Sedin has the leading points, score, and assist! More than his brother Daniel Sedin. What is this? "Well I've been trying to be more of an all-around player, as in offensive place. Where I can do my nice passes to get the goals, or I could try and get it in myself." Hank Sedin said.

It's nice that Henrik Sedin is getting some nice goals and points but what about Daniel Sedin? what has happened to him? "I am currently not where I used to be, but I will be slowly coming back to what I was before." The sedins still preform their fantastic magic to us.

As we go home to face St Louis, Let's make it a 3-game winning streak!

Information About Goalie Line-ups and Trade Rumors:

Cory Schneider will stay in the net until the streak is over, then Luongo can take over and dominate the field. The trade rumors is that there is a chance where Schneider is going to be traded away for a better offensive player.

Another rumor that is being spreaded around is that we are looking for a young-aged defenseman that can help us in physical body-checking. (Example: P.K SUBBAN).

Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers
Jan 25, 2011123F
VAN (2-5-1)1214
EDM (3-3-1)0022
Three Stars
Alexandre Borrows
2 Goals
Cory Schneider
26 Saves
Dan Hamhuis
2 Assists, 1 Hit
Team Stats Comparison
VANEDM
Shots on Goal2228
Hits69
Faceoffs Won-Lost31-2525-31
Penalty Minutes2:008:00
Power Plays Converted1/40/1
Power Play Opportunities51
Time on Attack6:145:40
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
VANAlexandre Borrows
SECOND PERIOD
VANAlexandre Borrows
VANSami Salo
THIRD PERIOD
EDMTaylor Hall
EDMRyan Nugent Hopkins
VANChris Higgins
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Cory Schneider282693%2.00
Edmonton Oilers - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
M. Khabibulin221986%3.02
Old 12-01-2011, 05:16 PM   #14
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

Update: I like doing this a lot, so I'll keep making each news about each game, and then rivalry games will be a lot more! =)
----------------------------------------------

Canucks on a Roll!

VANCOUVER, BC -- As expected, the team's offense is exploding with a great solid backup goaltender, Cory Schneider.

Congratulations to Andrew Ebbett on his 2 points, with a goal and an assist. He deked around the goalie and put up a dirty shot. "It took a lot of energy out of me since I'm getting pushed around." Ebbett mentioned.

Congratulations to Henrik Sedin as well as he puts up 2 points. He has been doing extremely well with the point streak since the last 8 games. "It feels good." was all he could say. On the other hand, Daniel Sedin got out of his slump and put up a top-left corner roof shot, which fooled the goalie.

It seems like everything is fitting place for the Canucks. Cory Schneider will still be in the next line-up, while Luongo will get his groove back up. Two solid goaltenders, that are about to explode.

Trade Rumor Update:

The truth about one of the rumors is that, indeed the Canucks are looking for an OFFENSIVE player but also a prospect defensive player as well, for the future of course!

They are hoping to get Clutterbuck as a grinder to help the situation on the 4th line since they don't seem to be generating enough energy for the team at certain point of the time. It also gives them a great push as well.

St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks
Oct 25, 2011123F
STL (3-5-1)0123
VAN (3-5-1)1326
Three Stars
Jannik hansen
2 Goals & 1 Assist
Henrik Sedin
1 Goal, 2 Assists
Andrew Ebbett
1 Goal, 1 assist
Team Stats Comparison
STLVAN
Shots on Goal3218
Hits37
Faceoffs Won-Lost15-2626-15
Penalty Minutes2:000:00
Power Plays Converted01
Power Play Opportunities01
Time on Attack6:337:05
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
VAN19:22 - Daniel Sedin (3) - Assist: Alex Burrows
SECOND PERIOD
STL1:09 - A. Mcdonald (4) - Assists: K. Shattenkirk, A. Pictrangelo
VAN9:28 - Henrik Sedin (6) - Assists: Ryan Kesler, Sami Salo
VAN13:57 - Andrew Ebbett (1) - Assist: Henrik Sedin
VAN18:27 - Jannik Hansen (1) - Assist: Andrew Ebbett
THIRD PERIOD
VAN5:51 - David Booth (3) - Assists: Henrik Sedin, Kevin Bieska
VAN7:07 - Jannik Hasen (2)
STL12:10 - C. Colvatacovo (1) - Assists: A. Mcdonald, D. Perron
STL14:00 - D. Perron (2) - Assists: C. Colvatacovo, R. Polak
St. Louis Blues - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
J. Halak13862%6.55
K. Ralmo5480%4.24
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Cory Schneider322991%3.00
Old 12-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #15
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

Vancouver Canucks Team player standings:

Some of our players are booming! Let's see what's up with the offensive side.

Vancouver Canucks Stats - 2011
SkatersGPGAPTS+/-GWPIMSOGSPCT
Henrik Sedin106814516
David Booth10336200
Daniel Sedin10336302
Alexandre Burrows10336304
Ryan Kesler10426-202
Jannik Hansen10235210
Sami Salo10325-210
Dan Hamhuis10044102
GoaliesGPWLTGAATOISVSV%SHO
Roberto Luongo5142.77.893
Cory Schneider5322.95.901
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #16
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

Good bye winning streak.
Vancouver, BC -- We hoped for a good 4 game winning streak, but we got shutout.

It was a hard night for the Canucks, struggling to get their offensive zone setup because of the unusual great defense they were playing. It was like playing with a whole new person.

Cory Schneider was sharp on his goaltending stopping 30 shots and leaving 2 behind. "It was tough, there was times that I had my D help me out, and I appreciate that a lot." Schneider said.

With 2-0 at the last game for October, The canucks will get a rebound into their winning streak again hopefully getting a better standing then 4-6-1. The canucks are placed 12th place.

In the standoffs, it's odd to see Detroit being last having a reall slow start and it seems that Calgary is 1st so far.

Luongo will be playing in the next line-up and he may stay in the line up for a while. This is a must since Luongo needs to be in the net too, to get his game groove. Cory Schneider played fantastic during the winning streak and now it's Luongo's turn.

Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks
Oct 29, 2011123F
WAS (5-4-0)1102
VAN (4-5-1)0000
Three Stars
Cory Schneider
2.09 GAA, .938% SV
Micheal Neuvirth
0.00 GAA, .100% SV
Alexander Ovechkin
1 Goal
Team Stats Comparison
WASVAN
Shots on Goal3217
Hits712
Faceoffs Won-Lost18-99-18
Penalty Minutes0:006:00
Power Plays Converted00
Power Play Opportunities30
Time on Attack5:066:21
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
WASAlexander Ovechkin (9), (Alexander Semin, J. Carlson)
SECOND PERIOD
WASN. Backstrom (2), (R. Hamblik, J. Carlson)
Washington Capitals - Goalies
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Micheal Neuvirth1717100%0.00
GOALIESSHOTSSAVESSV %GAA
Cory Schneider323094%2.09

Rumor Mill:

Canucks are trying to figure out a good trade between the Av's. There was no saying about Cory Schneider however it talked about Rick Nash.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »