Home

Johnnyrock's Dynasty - Canucks get the cup!

This is a discussion on Johnnyrock's Dynasty - Canucks get the cup! within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2011, 08:38 PM   #49
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Johnnyrock's Dynasty - Canucks get the cup!

The New Canucks.
As the downfall for the Canucks losing to the Western Conference final against its biggest rivalry, the Blackhawks. The Canucks are looking to move forward and become the winning champion it deserves.

TRADE ACQUIRED:
- John Tavares (88 Overall, C, 23 Years Old, Potential = B)

- Henrik Sedin (91 Overall, C, 32 years old)

Thoughts:

Overall I thought it was a good trade because The Sedins are getting old and they will soon retire. We need one of the sedins to show an example of what it is like in the Canucks and we had to choose one of the sedins to be traded away.

This is a good trade. A rookie player teaming up with a monster veteran and a fast-swift david booth.

CANUCKS PROSPECTS:

N. Yaupkov,(A, C, C, 79 OVERALL)
Lancette!!! (A-, B, B, 75 OVERALL)

NEW LINE UP:

Offensive Line-Up:

David Booth (85) - John Tavares (88) - Daniel Sedin (91)
Mason Raymond (83) - Ryan Kesler (88) - Cal Clutterbuck (83)
Chris Higgins (82) - Cody Hodgson (81) - Steve Bernier (82)
Jannik Hansen (81) - Maxim Lapierre (91) - Chris Neil (82)

Defensive Line-up:

P.K Subban (85) - Jared Cowen (85)
Kevin Bieska (83) - Chris Tanev (83)
Mike Weber (82) - Dan Hamhuis (83)

Goalies:

Robin Lehner (85) B POTENTIAL
Cory Schneider (87) C POTENTIAL

Anylasis:

From looking at this, I think we have a GOOD balanced offensive team. I don't see any weaknesses other than the injuries. What I like most is the goalie. There is still lots of potential in it because of Robin Lehner. Plus, Cory Schneider has been excellent in the playoffs so we have 2 solid goalies. Because of this, Robin Lehner will play up to 30-40 games, and Cory Schneider will have the remaining 20-30. Doing this should allow the potential to reach a higher overall. My top 2 defensive is really good since there both B potential.

This means that we'll be a strong defensive team. We'll have low scoring, which could frustrate the person. I like this line up a lot. But it's sad to see Henrik go.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #50
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17

I like breaking up the Sedin's. I think you get a more dynamic gamebreaker in Tavares back. Actually surprised they did it straight up.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #51
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer19
I like breaking up the Sedin's. I think you get a more dynamic gamebreaker in Tavares back. Actually surprised they did it straight up.
I'm actually surprised too, I wanted Tavares, and I just recently found out that they wanted Henrik Sedin as well.. wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Love the trade man, hope you get the cup this season!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #53
MVP

Great trade.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #54
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

9 Game Update.
The Canucks are on a great start. They have been great defensively and has been generating a lot of offense.

Home:
Win 3-2 Oct. 5

Away:
Win 5-2 Oct. 7

Lose 2-5 Oct. 9

Win 4-2 Oct. 11

Win 4-3 Oct. 13

Win 5-2 Oct. 14

Win 2-1 Oct. 16

Win 2-0 Oct. 17

Home:
Lose 3-2 (OT) - Oct. 19

Thoughts:

I think I put the right players in the right team. I can see that Daniel Sedin is having the most goals in the team, which is 4 (Not a lot but wait until mid season). John Tavares has 6 assists which is nice because Daniel Sedin can be like a duo like it used to be before.

Robin Lehner has been outstanding, getting 7 wins right now. I'll switch to Schneider so he doesn't get too rusty. 7 Games played so far, who is 1st and he's currently 7th place for Save %. His Save % is .935, excellent.

The match against Bruins was tough, but Lehner didn't understand too much about the hatred between the Bruins and the Canucks especially how some *cough* cheapshots were made.

We are looking toward this huge start, us being first in the lead for the Western Conference.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:58 PM   #55
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Good start for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #56
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

15 Game Update
Trades/Waivers/ETC:

Acquire Riley Holzapfel from Waivers.

Games:

VS - Win 4-1

VS - Win 3-1

VS - Win 7-3

VS - Loss 3-1

VS - Win 5-2

VS - Loss 3-4

VS - Win 5-2

VS - Win 4-0

VS - Win 4-1

VS - Win 3-1

VS - Loss 4-3

VS - Loss 3-2

VS - Win 3-2

VS - Win 3-2

VS - Win 5-4

Overall Thoughts (9/10):

The 9/10 represents how well the 15 game update went. Most of them were wins. We are still in the top western conference leaders which show us that we're really a solid team so far this early. John Tavares has already gained an overall point making his OVR 89 and he's a B potential so I could possibly see that rise to 91-92. R. Lehner has been getting the majority of games. It seems as though that Cory Schneider has been placed as a "back-up goalie". Mike Gillis has confirmed that he is not a backup goalie, but he is simply trying to make Robin Lehner more of a better goalie, by simply letting him have more games than Schneider. Besides, Schneider was the one who led us to the Western Conference Finals against the Blackhawks.

I think this team can go back to the finals, but I am unsure whether or not we can win against the biggies that the Canucks consider right now: Detroit Red Wings, San Jose Sharks and the Blackhawks.

With Robin Lehner having 13 wins at the start, and having fantastic winning streaks, I think there is a small possibility of having him become an early starting goalie right away.

He is currently 2nd in Wins, and 5th place in Save percentage. He's also 8th place for GAA, right in front of Roberto Luongo, who looked like he has an awful time in Ottawa.

I am really happy that our goaltending has significantly improved so much. UPDATE: A TRADE OF CAL CLUTTERBUCK is being talked about with the San Jose Sharks and the Anaheim Ducks! Stay tuned.

Season Record: 18-5-1

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »