Home

This is a discussion on Sign Ups Needed for a new BaGM Idea... within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

Hey Guys,

I'm going to be trying something different as far as Create A Player goes. I'll be starting up a Dynasty following the coaching career of a fictional Head Coach/GM for a new franchise in the NHL. He begins his professional career coaching in the minor leagues.

That is where you guys come in, I'm going to dump the regular roster and use my sign-ups to fill the roster. Now here is the twist, instead of the usual where you pick your attributes etc etc I'm going to have a list characters I'm going to create for this team and want you to sign up with your name and preferred jersey #.

I will list all the character types first then post the sign-up. Since there is no duplicate characters I will assign on a first come first serve basis.

CHARACTERS

Average Joe:

While not exceptional in any one area the Average Joe doesn't have any apparent flaws either.

Wily Veteran:

The Wily Veteran is the true leader of this team, the wily veteran legs just don't move like they use to. But what he lacks in speed he makes up in leadership and experience. The Wily Veteran longs to get one more crack at the top level before hanging up the skates for good.

Hot Shot:

This kid is good, a great skater and a nice shot, really all the tools to become a great NHLer BUT he has a major weakness, he won't play defense and until he can commit to work on his defensive game he'll never see the NHL.

Underachieving Star:

Once the boon of the city in the NHL, this character has allowed the dollars of his new contract to go to his head, he lacked motivation and came into training camp overweight and unmotivated. Sent down to the minors for a conditioning stint, will his attitude change so he can go back to the level he belongs or does he like playing where he doesn't even need to try.

Mighty Mite:

The smallest player on the roster, what this warrior lacks in size he makes up for in heart. Never tell him that he won't make the NHL, he never takes a shift off and is often the hardest working guy on the ice night in and night out.

All Flash, No Bang:

This skilled player is the fastest skater on the team, buzzing around the rest of the players this character is all over the ice. Unfortunately, his breakaways often end up with him in the net and the puck off in the corner. He has no finish, can he work on his game in time to make the NHL before his legs start to slow down?

1 Dimensional:

This character put all his focus into Face-offs, he is the king and takes pride in winning the face off. Unfortunately, he needs to work on the rest of his game to be a bonafide NHL player.

Hot Head:

A big massive hulking defenseman, the Hot Head would be a great NHL defenseman if only he didn't have such a hot head. He usually spends more time in the box then he does on the ice.

I'm Really a Forward:

Although this character plays defenseman, he should really have been a forward. Always pinching in and trying to get that goal, he is often a detriment to the team when he gets caught up the ice because he made a bad decision. A great shooter and puck mover, but he really is lacking a defensive game.

Knuckles:

The teams enforcer. He knows his role is to stick up for his teammates and protect the star players. The enforcer is a good enough hockey player but the coach doesn't play him to score goals. He one day hopes to fight for a chance to be the NHL enforcer but has to prove he is tough enough.

The Kid:

The newest guy on the team, this kid is fresh out of the Major Juniors. Whenever someone mentions his name it is always with the same breath as potential. This guy has the best potential of all the minor league players but he just needs time to develop to become a full time NHL player.

Prodigal Band-Aid:

Once a highly regarded draft pick, the Band-Aid has had several setbacks by untimely injuries. Although he is still young and has displayed flashes of brilliance when on the ice can this character stay healthy enough to become a mainstay in the NHL and live up to all his hype.

Of Mice and Men:

A giant of a man, you think that might be of some benefit to this goalie, but his lack of speed and agility has hampered his training. Can he improve enough to earn a start in the NHL, time will tell.

Average Joe: TAKEN

Wily Veteran: TAKEN

Hot Shot: TAKEN

Underachieving Star: TAKEN

Mighty Mite: TAKEN

All Flash, No Bang: TAKEN

1 Dimensional: TAKEN

Hot Head: TAKEN

I'm Really a Forward: TAKEN

Knuckles:

The Kid: TAKEN

Prodigal Band-Aid: TAKEN

Of Mice and Men: TAKEN
GLES - USC

Last edited by SENS_AK27; 01-17-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Sign Ups Needed for a new BaGM Idea...

Mighty mite: Dominick Bellini #24
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 01-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

nice idea, sounds interesting! I'll take the "underachieving star" then.

Underachieving star Robert Miller #69
Old 01-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22
nice idea, sounds interesting! I'll take the "underachieving star" then.

Underachieving star Robert Miller #69

DEVO, I only had Knuckles left when you posted, but I was thinking off adding another character. THE PYLON, pretty self explanatory. Let me know.
GLES - USC

Old 01-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
DEVO, I only had Knuckles left when you posted, but I was thinking off adding another character. THE PYLON, pretty self explanatory. Let me know.
how do you fill all the spots when just Dom and I signed up?!? ... anyhow, I'd take the knuckles then. If he's gone too I'll take the pylon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

cool idea sens
Old 01-17-2012, 02:32 PM   #7
MVP

Jonesey's Arena

OVR: 18

damn I would have liked in.

If you have another opening keep me in mind.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #8
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22
how do you fill all the spots when just Dom and I signed up?!? ... anyhow, I'd take the knuckles then. If he's gone too I'll take the pylon.
I'm posting this on another site as well. That is why.
GLES - USC

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »