Home

Kenny Hitchcock's Blue Balls || NHL 12 Dynasty

This is a discussion on Kenny Hitchcock's Blue Balls || NHL 12 Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #217
Pro

johnnyrocks's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Kenny Hitchcock's Blue Balls || NHL 12 Dynasty

Great tables!

With Halak gone to the Devils, who are your new goalies? I'm very interested into what's going to happen in St. Louis..
Old 05-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #218
MVP

OVR: 17

Excellent offseason - love the Halak trade, Elliot can really shine now.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #219
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

OVR: 7

Blues Look to Improve
Despite winning a playoff series against the Presidents Trophy winning Los Angeles Kings last year, when you look around the locker room in St. Louis, you see disappointment. The Blues saw themselves as a very good, albeit inconsistent, team that could beat anyone on a good night. They've had the summer to regroup, and expectations are even higher this year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Backes
We have to build on our success, and learn from our mistakes. There's some new faces in the locker room that will make us a great team. Chemistry won't come right away, but I think we're in great shape to make a run this year.
David Backes has been around long enough to know a good team when he sees one. Despite trading their starting goalie, Jaroslav Halak, the Blues still have a proven starter in net named Brian Elliott. They brought in maybe the games greatest defenseman in Nicklas Lidstrom on a 1 year deal, and even added Hal Gill to form a shutdown pair with Barret Jackman. No changes were made to the teams top 6, but Taylor Pyatt was brought in to give the team one of the leagues top checking lines. Even with the improvements, the Blues have mountains of cash free under the cap. Brad Staubitz was paid 1.7 million just to get the team to the cap floor. There is room for this team to grow into a juggernaut.

Jackman has given up his #5 jersey to Lidstrom, and will take the number 4 instead. Hal Gill will wear his usual 75 and Pyatt claimed 14.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #220
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocks
Great tables!

With Halak gone to the Devils, who are your new goalies? I'm very interested into what's going to happen in St. Louis..
Elliott will carry the load, though I think Bishop can handle his own when called upon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05
Excellent offseason - love the Halak trade, Elliot can really shine now.
Thanks, don't think I got top value for him as I panicked a little as the draft went along. Tried to use him to trade up in the draft but Edmonton said no.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #221
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpokemcgee
Elliott will carry the load, though I think Bishop can handle his own when called upon.

Thanks, don't think I got top value for him as I panicked a little as the draft went along. Tried to use him to trade up in the draft but Edmonton said no.
That sucks (stupid AI) but it was still a good trade.... Wow, you have tons of room to grow under the cap.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »