Home

Seb170455'Carolina Hurricanes: Will the Hurricanes bring Dorothy the cup or Oz?

This is a discussion on Seb170455'Carolina Hurricanes: Will the Hurricanes bring Dorothy the cup or Oz? within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #41
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Seb170455'Carolina Hurricanes: Will the Hurricanes bring Dorothy the cup or Oz?

I've really enjoyed following your dynasty SEB. I know it sucks losing but these struggles often make dynasties more interesting to follow. Hopefully you'll turn it around and go on a run.
GLES - USC

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #42
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Seb170455'Carolina Hurricanes: Will the Hurricanes bring Dorothy the cup or Oz?

This is a special report from Raleigh, North Carolina. At the beginning of this season our Dutch hockey legend, Jo Loonstra, became the new GM of the Carolina Hurricanes. The NHL was a bit of uncharted territory for us. We have updated our knowledge of the NHL and the Hurricanes. We were at Raleigh and happened to meet coach Kirk Muller. He was kind enough to give us an interview.

Reporter: Thanks for giving this interview. How are you doing?

Muller: Glad to help you out. I am doing fine. Just had a good practice with the guys.

Reporter: Lately you lost a lot of games and you're at the bottom of the Southeastern Division. What are you're feelings on this?

Muller: Our results and play the last few games were not something I was proud of. My feelings are that we have good games, but make stupid mistakes. Teams like for example Chicago punish you when you make that kind of mistakes. But I think that, if we keep our penalties to a minimum, get better at the PK and do not allow that many mistakes in dangerous situations, we will be fine. Our gameplay is not of the highest quality yet, but we can compete easely with all teams. We had to many games where we had to chase the opponent, because we got behind in the score. We have to stop chasing.

Reporter: Are you satisfied with your team?

Muller: I want my team to get better results. The overall gameplay has been good.

Reporter: How about your lines?

Muller: The first line is producing well. Ruutu and Staal are good, and Jokinen will pick up his production. The second line has not been producing what I had expected. Tlusty has done good, but Sutter and especially Skinner have been disappointing. Sutter had 2 game misconducts already. He promised me he would improve. Both, Skinner and Sutter, will get better, I know. The third line has done very well. Stewart has done exceptionally well. He has been producing and been working hard. His linemates McMillan and Larose are in good form and this line has been superb for us. The fourth line has done his job. They spark our team in different ways.
Our defense has not been up to their best game. Gleason and Pitkanen have produced well, but did not defend well. Our defense has to get better over the whole of the ice. Not only on our own end, but we should be passing the puck better in the offensive zone too and don't give the opponent that many breakaways.
In the goaltending department I have not been satisfied at all. Cam Ward showed us in a few games how good he is, but he has to get back in his good form. Boucher hasn't impressed me at all this season, but he'll get better I think.

Reporter: are you satisfied with the changes GM Loonstra made this season?

Muller: Jo and me are getting along very well. He made some good changes and gave me some young guns to work with. Nodl was the only guy who was in the line up and he wasn't happy. So his trade wasn't a great loss to us. We got Ivanans, Artyukhin, Bergfors, Scandella and McMillan. I am satisfied, and hope that we all pick up our game and get back in the playoff race.

Last edited by seb170455; 03-13-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #43
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENS_AK27
I've really enjoyed following your dynasty SEB. I know it sucks losing but these struggles often make dynasties more interesting to follow. Hopefully you'll turn it around and go on a run.
Thanks SENS, I know (reading your Ottawa dynasty) you speak out of experience. I hope to pick it up again and make the palyoffs. A 1# overall pick is nice, but I don't think it's going to get that far.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #44
MVP

Great work Seb. Just keep drilling away and the wins will come (I had two bottom dweller seasons before dominance with my Leafs).
:-)
Old 03-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #45
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05
Great work Seb. Just keep drilling away and the wins will come (I had two bottom dweller seasons before dominance with my Leafs).
:-)
Thanks Btomp, but I don't have your big prospectpool of your Leafs dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #46
MVP

Thats true....
Old 03-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Your english is pretty good, and by the way, this interview is even better. One of my favourite posts so far in your dynasty. Big like, really big like!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #48
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapr51
Your english is pretty good, and by the way, this interview is even better. One of my favourite posts so far in your dynasty. Big like, really big like!
Thanks Dapr, hope you'll keep following.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »