Home

A Legend Unleashed: A NHL Hybrid BAP

This is a discussion on A Legend Unleashed: A NHL Hybrid BAP within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16
A Legend Unleashed: A NHL Hybrid BAP

There was a trade made today during the CHL Import Draft, where last year's break out team the Sarnia Sting have traded away Sophmore Sniper P. Boucher to acquire the 3rd overall pick. A pick they used to select a little known Latvian with quite the name, in defenfeman Iam Auzim.

Auzim, at 5'11 161 pounds, is a speedy defenseman with tremendous hockey sense but many speculate he is just too small and weak for the North American Game. Auzim, who was born in Riga, Latvia moved to Moscow with his family when he was 6 and began playing hockey. Originally a winger, Auzim was moved to defense when he was 12 playing for a Russian Junior team. It was there that he would develop into a capable offensive defenseman and selected to start playing for Moskow Red Army junior select team.

After playing last year in a Men's league at the ripe age of 16 Iam and his family have elected to forgo the KHL and try to transition to the North American game by joining the Sarnia Sting. The Sting already feature highly talented players in Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Volpe, and Maxwell but have lacked a talented puck mover on the back end to help the team breakout of their own end. The teams are just preparing for training camp where we will have a change to get our first real look at this Latvian Ace and how he will fit in with the team.

GLES - USC

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

Re: A Legend Unleashed: A NHL Hybrid BAP

So I wanted to try something between my Sens Dynasty because I don't want to get too far ahead in the season.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of the traditional BAP so I'm going to be playing a season at OHL level position locking on my created players Position and playing all the games. At the end of the season I will see how my attributes are ranked depending on my season. More then like they won't go up much more then 7 points.

I'll then do a mock NHL draft to see which team takes the BAP then load up a BaGM and keep following his career as a player. Hopefully it'll be a story where he stays with one team for his entire career.

I'll be playing on Superstar with OBG's All-Star sliders with a few tweaks of my own. Starting out Auzim is 72 OVR Offensive Defenseman with high Speed (84) and Acceleration (85) most of the rest of the stats are between 65-72 but strength based skills are below 65.

I'll be posting 20 game updates on the player and team.

Enjoy.
GLES - USC

Old 03-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17

Good idea. Good luck!!
Old 03-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Good luck Sens with this, will be following.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

Thanks guys for following, this has been a fun side project for me.
GLES - USC

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

20 GAME UPDATE

20 games have passed for the Sarnia Sting and they now sit atop the OHL standings with an impressive 16-3-1 record. Powered by 2 solid lines, Galchenyuk and Yakupov have been potent as well as newcomer Iam Auzim who has been contributing on the scoresheet.

When Auzim broke into the league he was a force to be reckoned with, as teams had trouble defending him as he broke out of the zone. With his speed he often would jump up into the rush and plant himself in a scoring position. Lately his 2 points per game pace have been slowing down as teams have recognized the threat he poses and has been keying on shutting him down.

So far, Auzim is among the OHL leaders in points with 34 and definitely tops for defenseman. The question will be can he keep up the torrid pace during the length of the season...

GLES - USC

Old 03-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

Photo: Wearing the Sting home jersey.

Photo: Wearing the Sting away jersey.

GLES - USC

Old 03-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
MVP

slowpokemcgee's Arena

OVR: 7

Cool idea, I'll be following. Like your update format as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »