Home

My Life As An NHL Hopeful - Carlos Verde (NHL 12)

This is a discussion on My Life As An NHL Hopeful - Carlos Verde (NHL 12) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
My Life As An NHL Hopeful - Carlos Verde (NHL 12)

Well, this it. The day I've been waiting the last 17 and a half years for. The 2011 NHL Entry Draft. It' kind of imposing really, sitting up here high in the 200 level at the XCEL Energy Ice and looking down upon the 30 teams' draft tables, all bustling with tons of action, and the ushers all running around, trying to organize this chaotic clockwork. In 10 minutes or so, Gary Bettman will step up to the podium, inevitably get booed, and the draft will begin. Sometime, either tonight or tomorrow, I'm almost 100% sure my name will be called. The _________'s are proud to select, ____ overall, from the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League, Carlos Verde.

What a journey it will have been to get to that point. Cut from Minor Midget AAA because the coach disliked me, with only one year in the "O" under my belt. Moving from Ottawa to London because that's where the opportunity was. There's a lot more to being a junior hockey player than a lot of people think; the travel, the school, the stress, the competition. Being here in Minnesota just made me reflect on all I've been through in the last two season.

Bob McKenzie had me slated to go in the first round, but we'll see what happens. I'll honestly just be happy to get drafted. Mom and dad called me last night and we had a long conversation. It's too bad that they can't find the money to fly down, but if I sign a big contract, nothing like that will ever happen again. They'll have plenty of money to spare, if my career lasts long enough in the NHL, that is ...

I'll talk to you on the other side!

Currently: Ottawa Senators (NHL 2003)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: My Life As An NHL Hopeful - Carlos Verde (NHL 12)

And now stepping up to the podium it will be the Carolina Hurricanes, with the number twelve pick.

(Jim Rutherford) : "First off, thanks to the people of St. Paul's and the rest of Minnesota for being so welcoming and hospitable during this week. For myself and the rest of the Carolina Hurricanes organization, thank you very much. The Carolina Hurricanes, are proud to select, from the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League, Carlos Verde!"

(Pierre McGuire) : "Well this is the first off-the-charts pick we've had this evening James, I didn't have Verde going to the late-1st or early-2nd round! This kid is a pure sniper, he scored 44 goals in 57 games this past season for London as a 17 year-old, and also got 36 assists for a total of 80 points. Good hands, a deadly release, and NHL-calibre skating ability means this kid could be in the NHL sooner rather than later, but still is a project on the defensive side of the puck."

(James Duthie) : Now with me, the newest member of the Carolina Hurricanes, Carlos Verde, and Canes GM Jim Rutherford. Jim, what made Verde really appeal to you, what told you to take him this much higher than his projected slot?

(JR) : We really felt that this kid is the real deal. We've lacked a true sniper in Carolina for a while, and we feel that this kid may have what it takes to fill that void for us three, four years down the road.

(James Duthie) : And Carlos, this must be such a surreal moment for you, how do you feel?

(CV) : I feel very privileged to be part of such an esteemed organization as the Carolina Hurricanes, and I think I have the chance to turn some heads in camp, who knows, maybe even play some games in the NHL this year, nothing is impossible!

(James Duthie) : Well-said. Congratulations to you both.

Old 06-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
Rookie

@RealCarlosVerde29 - Just arrived at RBC Center, rinks a beauty! #getmegoing #canes2012

@RealCarlosVerde29 - Just signed my first contract! 3yrs @ 900K baby! #getatme #thegoodlife

Old 07-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

OVR: 14

Nice start so far. Hope you continue with it.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada_Carlos_Ball
@RealCarlosVerde29 - Just arrived at RBC Center, rinks a beauty! #getmegoing #canes2012

@RealCarlosVerde29 - Just signed my first contract! 3yrs @ 900K baby! #getatme #thegoodlife
Come on bro, here's a pro tip:

Use this site for generating fake tweets:
http://lemmetweetthatforyou.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
Rookie

Lookin good! but aren't stories banned?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »