Home

The Career of Michael Anthony - A Look Through the Mask

This is a discussion on The Career of Michael Anthony - A Look Through the Mask within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

OVR: 1
The Career of Michael Anthony - A Look Through the Mask

Welcome to the CHL

Michael Anthony, a young kid born in Boston, MA. Anthony is 17 and a prospect to join the NHL next season - however for now he will play a year in the WHL as he seeks to improve for the upcoming draft. He has been signed by the Everett Silvertips. Anthony is an individual who has a bit of a temper and wears his heart on his sleeve on the ice. This endears him to fans because he is as into the game as they are. It is a nightmare however for management. Anthony while having a stellar High School Career also got in a lot of trouble. On top of cussing out a referee, he also was involved in 5 fights his senior year. The GM and Coach have already sent out notice to Anthony upon his signing that he will be watched closely and will just as easily be benched as started if he acts up.

With that said his Agent - who happens to be his friend Chris - has listed him some goals to try and up his draft eligibility. Those goals are as follows:

Goals

Save Percentage of 91 or higer
Average a 2.55 Goals Against
Play in at least 44 games
Win 27 games
Have 5 Shutouts

The new face of Everett and soon the NHL is here! Let's get this career underway!

******** src="http://cdn.code-jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min****" type="text/javascript">
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 04:26 AM   #2
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

Re: The Career of Michael Anthony - A Look Through the Mask

Michael Anthony to get first Start in WHL

Coming off a 3-2 win over the Cougars Saturday, Everett coaching has decided to sit starting goaltender Lotz for Sundays game - once again against the Cougars. In his place will be 17 year old Michael Anthony, a butterfly goalie standing 6'4" and weighing 245 lbs. Catching up with him we had a few questions

Michael, how are the nerves going into your first game?

Anthony: "Honestly they aren't really there. As many people know I have had a lot of success in my career as a goaltender. My focus today will just be to do well enough to secure the win. If I try to think beyond that I will lose the game for my team. As a new guy in a locker room that is what you never want to happen."

Ah building team chemistry! How has the team dealt with the added knowledge of your fiery past?

Anthony: "Haha, well coaches and management have told me that it is not tolerated. As far as teammates go Nikkel told me that if I am going to hit someone I better damn win. So I think I have my teams support, its not like I am going to go looking for fights."

Well Anthony, before we wish you good luck anything you want to add?

Anthony: "Yeah, Everett - Come out and support us as we make our way towards the Memorial Cup! I only have one year in the CHL so I plan to win it!"

There you have it, a well spoken confident individual. 17 year old Michael Anthony will be starting today's game vs the Cougars. Good luck!
Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

Its a little brash but Michael Anthony is officially 1-0 as a goaltender this season along with the Everett Silvertips moving to 2-0. Anthony had 21 saves on 22 shots as his Everett Silvertips handed the Cougars their second straight loss in as many days. Boasting a .954 save percentage the young goaltender was riding high following the win.

Anthony: "Well I said as long as I maintained my focus good things would happen and they did! I just got word from coach that I will be starting again this Thursday against the Americans. *Winks at the camera* That is right ladies I am not just a goaltender at home, I travel so that you too - can enjoy seeing me in action."

Following Sundays win Everett will play 2 straight away games; Thursday they face the Americans and Friday will see action against the Giants. With Murray leading the team scoring 2 goals in 2 games the Silvertips look to build momentum in the early 2012 season.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

Anthony Struggles - Still Picks Up Win

In a tough fought game the Everett Silvertips outlasted the Tri-City Americans to pick up their 3rd straight win to begin the year. After the first period it was 1-1 and looked like it would be a low scoring affair. However the second period exploded and saw 6 goals, 3 on each side leaving the game 4-4. The Silvertips would buckle down and go on to score the final goal in the 3rd winning by the narrow 5-4 margin.

Michael Anthony had 27 saves on 31 shots for a save percentage of .871. His save percentage over the past two games in .906 with a 2.50 Goals Against Average. He has been given the go-ahead to start back to back days for the first time in his career as Everett will travel to face the Giants for Fridays Game.

Everett is 3-0-0 with Vancouver at 1-1.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #5
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

Anthony moves to 3-0 as Silvertips Win

In the first period it looked like things were going to be a repeat of last night. However, Michael Anthony would buckle down and hold the Giants to only one goal on 21 shots. Ryan Murray would lead the offensive charge scoring and assisting to help get Everett the 3-1 win.

Catching up with Anthony he had this to say about his performance:

Anthony: "You know we really played well today. We played a very physical form of hockey and that allowed my to play my style. I was aggressive as they came into the zone and I could tell it confused the shooters. Their shots became weaker and there was a lot of hesitation. I allowed the one goal on an unfortunate rebound but overall feel like today was by best game thus far."

Anthony finished today's game with a .952 save percentage and moved to 3-0 in WHL play. According to a team source Anthony will again be suiting up this upcoming Wednesday when the Tri-City Americans come to down for the second meeting of the season. The Americans are 2-2-0 with Everett standing at 4-0-0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

Looks great so far! I'll definitely be following this one!
Old 04-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #7
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejaysfan65
Looks great so far! I'll definitely be following this one!
Thanks man! I wanted to try something different as I am playing a few games

******** src="http://cdn.code-jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min****" type="text/javascript">
Old 04-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
Rookie

AmParess's Arena

Anthony's Sloppy Play made up for by Power Play

Anthony was weak in net tonight. Very unlike the goaltender we saw last Saturday. It seems something about the Americans makes him struggle in net. He allowed 2 goals coming off 17 shots for a .882 save percentage. The only saving face for the goalie was that he still picked up the win which sees the Silvertips move to 5-0-0 this season. It has been reported that the new starting goalie will sit out Saturdays game against the Seattle Thunderbirds. Anthony will suit up again Sunday to once again face the Tri-City Americans. Will his struggles continue?

Report: Everett Silvertips defeat the Seattle Thunderbirds 4-3 dropping their record to 2-3-1 while improving to 6-0-0 on the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »