Home

"The Curse of Brett Hull's Foot" | Buffalo Sabres Franchise

This is a discussion on "The Curse of Brett Hull's Foot" | Buffalo Sabres Franchise within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: "The Curse of Brett Hull's Foot" | Buffalo Sabres Franchise

Sabres Drop Season Opener to Pens

Malkin Scoring First Goal

Pittsburgh Penguins at Buffalo Sabres
Oct 13, 2012123F
PIT (2-0-0)1225
BUF (0-1-0)2013
Three Stars
E. Malkin (PIT)
2 Goals
S. Crosby (PIT)
3 Assists
P. Martin (PIT)
2 Assists
Team Stats Comparison
PITBUF
Shots on Goal3030
Hits2019
Faceoffs Won-Lost18/2911/29
Penalty Minutes2:006:00
Power Plays Converted1/31/1
Power Play Opportunities31
Time on Attack6:347:12
Scoring Summary
FIRST PERIOD
BUFJ. Hecht (1), (Unassisted)
BUFC. Hodgson (1), (Sekera, Weber)
PITP. Dupuis (1), (Sutter, Martin)
SECOND PERIOD
PITJ. Jokinen (1), (Martin)
PITJ. Iginla (2), (Crosby, Orpik)
THIRD PERIOD
PITE. Malkin (2), (Crosby)
PITE. Malkin (3), (Neal, Crosby)
BUFA. Sulzer (1), (Myers)

BUFFALO, NY - Well the season didn't start out the way that any had hoped but there was alot to be excited about. The Sabres dropped the season opener to the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1 in front of a capacity crowd at the FNC.

The Sabres got on the score sheet first from an unlikely source. Jochen Hect took the loose puck after a face-off and crossed in front of the the goalie and put a wrister in the net for his first goal of the season.

"There seemed to be a little fire under his *** out there tonight" head coach Patrick Roy said "I'll take it. I doubt it will last but i'll take it" he added.

Things looked to be in control for the Sabres after Cody Hodgson's goal which brought the game to 2-0 in the early stages of the first period.

Hodgson fired a shot from the left face-off circle which bounced up and over Marc-Andre Fleury and was tipped in by a Penguins defender. Hodgson was credited with the goal.

"A goal is a goal" Hodgson said "When people look at the boxscore they see my name they don't see how it went in" he added.

The Sabres have another home game against soon to be division rival Detroit Red Wings. It would be nice to get that first win for Roy early.

Last edited by CaptainWright; 05-21-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sabres Shopping Miller, Vanek

Could This Be The End For These Two?

BUFFALO, NY - Well it appears as if there is a no "Wait and see" policy in Buffalo nowadays. It is rumored that the Sabres are shopping startgoalie Ryan Miller and star forward Thomas Vanek. It is not clear what they are seeking in return.

It has been a crazy couple of days for the Sabres. From the firing of GM Darcy Reiger and the hiring of Patrick Roy to the trade of overpaid forward Ville Leino to the news of Miller and Vanek being shopped around. Things are not the normal quiet in Western New York.

"We have to explore all of the options and possibly trading away one or both of these guys is no different" Terry Pegula said "Ryan and Thomas have been a huge part of what we were trying to do but just couldn't get us over the hump" he added.

One of the things that is leading to the talks is the concern of Ryan Miller and where his head is at. Things haven't really been the same for Miller after his last concussion. Once heralded as Mr. America with his play in the Olympics, Miller has fallen fast and out of the graces of some fans in Buffalo.

"I am going to ignore it" Miller said of the trade rumors "I am just going to go out there and play every game to the best of my ability" he added.

Vanek's remarks were not too different.

"I thought I was out of here when the Oilers signed me to an offer sheet" Vanek said "It isn't a surprise but you do what you gotta do" he added

If this is the shakeup the team needs they are certainly not wasting any time getting it out there.

This is going to get ugly before it gets better i'm afraid.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:14 PM   #11
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Good job! Keep it coming!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »