Home

Seb170455'Carolina Hurricanes: Can the Hurricanes storm their way to a Cup again?

This is a discussion on Seb170455'Carolina Hurricanes: Can the Hurricanes storm their way to a Cup again? within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17
Seb170455'Carolina Hurricanes: Can the Hurricanes storm their way to a Cup again?

It has been a while since my last dynasty. So this will be a little rusty. It will be a dynasty about the Carolina Hurricanes. I will try to rebuild this team and do it with big steps if I have to. Maybe not realistic, but fun to do. Please do not mind my bad English.

I'll try to play all my games. It 's still on PS3. It will be NHL 15.

Hope you like it and you are free to comment!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 10:33 AM   #2
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Re: Seb170455'Carolina Hurricanes: Can the Hurricanes storm their way to a Cup again?

Peter Karmanos Jr. sold his team.

The probably future HoF Peter Karmanos Jr. has sold his Carolina Hurricanes team. Karmanos Jr. had plans to sell his team, but only at the right price and to the right person. He told the press this afternoon he was pressing the sale. But at the right price everything was possible.

The new owner of the Carolina Hurricanes is the Dutch TV-producer and sport fanatic Reinout Oerlemans. His passion for hockey was unknown for to most people. Oerlemans expressed his joy and was excited to see where his team will be in the future. The Dutch Oerlemans is expected to make great changes at Raleigh. We shall see what this will mean for the future of many players and staff.

Last edited by seb170455; 07-06-2015 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #3
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Re: Seb170455'Carolina Hurricanes: Can the Hurricanes storm their way to a Cup again?

Jo Loonstra replaces Ron Francis

Oerlemans has not the time and the knowledge to manage the whole Hurricanes organization. So he had a good talk with Ron Francis and came up with the solution to promote Francis to the position to make all the big decisions within the club. Francis and Oerlemans went on to search for a replacement GM. After three weeks they already found their man. The Canadian/Dutch former hockey player Jo Loonstra is the new GM for the Carolina Hurricanes.
Jo Loonstra played in the Swedish, Finnish, German and Russian hockeyleagues. He has a degree in Economics, what is very helpfull in the new NHL. We shall see what Loonstra has in store for us and his players.

Last edited by seb170455; 07-06-2015 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #4
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Press Conference at PNC Arena, Raleigh (NC)

Hurricanes introduce Jo Loonstra

At 15:00 CET, 3 men were sitting at the table in front of the press. The new team owner Oerlemans took a look at his watch. Oerlemans checked his micropohone: "Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to start. We have put together this meeting with you, so you would be able to ask Ron Francis and Jo Loonstra some questions. I have nothing to add to this discussion. I am just proud that we could present to you our new President Chief Executive Officer Ron Francis and our new General Manager Jo Loonstra. If you have some decent questions, go ahead and fire."

There were a lot of questions, but we have made a selection of the most interesting here.

Press: "Mr. Loonstra, what are your plans with the Hurricanes?
Loonstra: "I have talked with many people in the club the last couple of days. Ron has given me a full status and history of the club and not only the things I can read from Wikipedia. We have made a assesment and have come to the conclusion that a revolution is needed instead of an evolution. We have to turn around the negative flow around here. The people are doing good things, but not enough to make this a competetive institution. Sometimes you have to turns things in another direction to wake some people up. The vision has to change to a championship. Mr. Oerlemans made it clear to Ron and I, that we have to make this a club that in the future has to be called a dynasty. This is not easy, hard even. But when you don't have right mindset, you will accomplish nothing. We will have talks with management, staff, players and personell. There will be changes, maybe shocking changes. Change is coming."

Press: "Mr. Francis, does Loonstra have many restrictions?
Francis: "We both have our tasks. Jo and I discussed a lot of things. He has his view and he has a clean sheet here. He has not embedded the Hurricanes culture yet and that is to his advantage. He has an open mind and can take objective management decisions. He has a lot of freedom and can make radical changes. Not every decision has to be approved by me."

Press: "Mr. Loonstra, are we going to read about big blockbuster trades in the near future?
Loonstra: "I do not know yet, but it can happen. In the next few days we are going to speak to all the players in our organization. We are going to tell them that this is not good enough and that we expect change. After those talks and after the training camp we will know more. I know we are dealing with human beings but we have to make difficult decisions. Everything can happen."

At the end of the press conference there still many questions that couldn't be answered, but the future will have much in store for the Carolina Hurricanes.

Last edited by seb170455; 07-07-2015 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great to see a new dynasty on the boards, looking forward to it. Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2015, 04:37 PM   #6
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCountry93
Great to see a new dynasty on the boards, looking forward to it. Good luck!
Thanks I'll try to make it interesting
Old 07-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #7
MVP

seb170455's Arena

In this franchise we will follow everything but in particular one player. I have created him and we will watch his developments.

Sascha Jansen:

Name: Sascha Duncan Jansen
Birthdate: 11 october 1996
Birthplace: Wageningen, The Netherlands
Position: Center
Player type: TWF

This undrafted player has been given a contract by the Carolina Hurricanes after he did very well at the IIHF Hockey U18 WC Division II. He stunned a lot of people. As a kid he grew up with the Nijmegen Devils. He played in the German hockey league in the minors. Francis said: "If can develope into a NHL hockey player, we will have a big Datsyuk in our team. He is far from that level, but he has some comparisons to Datsyuk. He is dedicated and the first on the ice every training. He has a big hockey heart and we hope he becomes what we envision. Many people will laugh at us, but we think he will make us look good."

Last edited by seb170455; 07-07-2015 at 03:47 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:32 AM   #8
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0

Interesting choice of team bro. I'll be following.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »