Home

Restoring Glory to Alberta:An Edmonton Oilers Dynasty from 2014-2015!

This is a discussion on Restoring Glory to Alberta:An Edmonton Oilers Dynasty from 2014-2015! within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2014, 04:16 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Restoring Glory to Alberta:An Edmonton Oilers Dynasty from 2014-2015!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmontonoilersfan70
Thanks for the input bthomp and goose! Think I might hold off on a top 2 defensemen for now as I think the price that I would have to pay would be too high! Wouldn't feel like giving up Darnell Nurse, Oscar Klefbom and a first round pick for a top two defensemen, it would really put a hole in my prospect pool.
How does your prospect pool look right now? Ask yourself, do any of them look like they are going to pan out to a top 2 d-man or top 3 forward, if not you can always find bottom 4 d-men or 9 forwards in UFA. It might be worth it, especially if you are going for the Holy Grail. :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #42
Rookie

Edmontonoilersfan70's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05
How does your prospect pool look right now? Ask yourself, do any of them look like they are going to pan out to a top 2 d-man or top 3 forward, if not you can always find bottom 4 d-men or 9 forwards in UFA. It might be worth it, especially if you are going for the Holy Grail. :-)
Prospect pool is honestly pretty empty although I have two 3.5 yellow star potential defensemen who can possibly be a bottom six defensemen. I have Oscar Klefbom (78 overall 4 yellow stars), Darnell Nurse (77 overall 4.5 yellow stars) and centre Roman Horak (77 overall 4 yellow stars) as well as Pittsburghs 1st round pick and my 1st round pick. Think I'm going to make a deal for a young player who can add to my roster for my first round pick, roman Horak, and others. Since all the Oilers top prospects are already in the NHL, I'm thinking of holding onto my first round picks and increase my prospect pool through the drafts and free agency. A top two defense men would easily cost a top five overall draft pick, Darnell nurse, oscar Klefbom, and a 2016 draft pick. Don't think I'm willing to give all of that up but only time will tell if I make the deal
Old 07-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Prospect pool is honestly pretty empty although I have two 3.5 yellow star potential defensemen who can possibly be a bottom six defensemen. I have Oscar Klefbom (78 overall 4 yellow stars), Darnell Nurse (77 overall 4.5 yellow stars) and centre Roman Horak (77 overall 4 yellow stars) as well as Pittsburghs 1st round pick and my 1st round pick. Think I'm going to make a deal for a young player who can add to my roster for my first round pick, roman Horak, and others. Since all the Oilers top prospects are already in the NHL, I'm thinking of holding onto my first round picks and increase my prospect pool through the drafts and free agency. A top two defense men would easily cost a top five overall draft pick, Darnell nurse, oscar Klefbom, and a 2016 draft pick. Don't think I'm willing to give all of that up but only time will tell if I make the deal
Though true, sometimes you have to give up a lot to get you where you want to be. I will be following to see what you do.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #44
Rookie

Oilers Pull the Trigger

Edmonton continues to add to their team by bringing in young goaltender Robin Lehner.

Klapak Acquires Lehner from Senators

Edmonton, Alberta- Today General Manger Christian Klapak of the Edmonton Oilers pulled the trigger on a trade that he had been discussing for months with another National Hockey League organization. Klapak, who was rumoured to be in the hunt for a top two defensemen, swung 360 degrees and instead acquired Goaltender Robin Lehner.

Lehner is 23 years old, undoubtedly fitting in with the Oilers age category, and is expected to be Edmonton's number one goaltender for the future. With Ben Scriven's sensational play so far thus season, Lehner is expected to split starts with the older goaltender. Coach Dallas Eakins announced in a press conference that he will play whatever goaltender is on a hot streak no matter what, so the starting job is there for the taking for Lehner.

To acquire Lehner, Edmonton had to part with no major key pieces, as Klapak sent prospect centre Roman Horak, Edmonton's 2015 First Round Pick, and goaltender Viktor Fasth to Ottawa in return for Lehner. Although the Oilers have a shallow prospect pool, many of the Oilers' top players are under 25 years old which made Horak expendable. The Ottawa Senators also fulfilled their wishes for another 2015 First Round Draft Pick as they picked up Edmonton's First Round Pick in the trade. Edmonton will have to retain $900,000 of Fasth's salary for the rest of his $2.900 million dollar contract, which, luckily for the Oilers, is only one more year as it expires in 2015. Lehner himself comes with a four year contract worth $3.555 million so Edmonton will have him locked up until the 2018/2019 Regular Season.

Now that Klapak has acquired his goaltender of the future, does he pursue the top two defensemen he is rumoured to be after? Only time will tell, as it is glaringly obvious that Klapak is running out of trading chips to use and may have to sacrifice a roster player if he were to make another trade.

Trade Summary

Edmonton Acquires:
Goaltender Robin Lehner (85 Overall 4 Green Stars)

Ottawa Acquires:
Goaltender Viktor Fasth (83 Overall 4 White Stars)
Centre Roman Horak (77 Overall 4 Yellow Stars)
A 2015 First Round Draft Pick (EDM)
$900,000 of Fasth's Salary Retained by Edmonton
Old 07-08-2014, 03:33 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Oilers Pull the Trigger

Edmonton continues to add to their team by bringing in young goaltender Robin Lehner.

Klapak Acquires Lehner from Senators

Edmonton, Alberta- Today General Manger Christian Klapak of the Edmonton Oilers pulled the trigger on a trade that he had been discussing for months with another National Hockey League organization. Klapak, who was rumoured to be in the hunt for a top two defensemen, swung 360 degrees and instead acquired Goaltender Robin Lehner.

Lehner is 23 years old, undoubtedly fitting in with the Oilers age category, and is expected to be Edmonton's number one goaltender for the future. With Ben Scriven's sensational play so far thus season, Lehner is expected to split starts with the older goaltender. Coach Dallas Eakins announced in a press conference that he will play whatever goaltender is on a hot streak no matter what, so the starting job is there for the taking for Lehner.

To acquire Lehner, Edmonton had to part with no major key pieces, as Klapak sent prospect centre Roman Horak, Edmonton's 2015 First Round Pick, and goaltender Viktor Fasth to Ottawa in return for Lehner. Although the Oilers have a shallow prospect pool, many of the Oilers' top players are under 25 years old which made Horak expendable. The Ottawa Senators also fulfilled their wishes for another 2015 First Round Draft Pick as they picked up Edmonton's First Round Pick in the trade. Edmonton will have to retain $900,000 of Fasth's salary for the rest of his $2.900 million dollar contract, which, luckily for the Oilers, is only one more year as it expires in 2015. Lehner himself comes with a four year contract worth $3.555 million so Edmonton will have him locked up until the 2018/2019 Regular Season.

Now that Klapak has acquired his goaltender of the future, does he pursue the top two defensemen he is rumoured to be after? Only time will tell, as it is glaringly obvious that Klapak is running out of trading chips to use and may have to sacrifice a roster player if he were to make another trade.

Trade Summary

Edmonton Acquires:
Goaltender Robin Lehner (85 Overall 4 Green Stars)

Ottawa Acquires:
Goaltender Viktor Fasth (83 Overall 4 White Stars)
Centre Roman Horak (77 Overall 4 Yellow Stars)
A 2015 First Round Draft Pick (EDM)
$900,000 of Fasth's Salary Retained by Edmonton
Great trade my friend, in other dynasties I have acquired Lehner and he turns out to be a stud in net. Though some might say a 1st rounder is kind of expensive, especially since you held back $900,000, its always a nice feeling to over pay and not feel you cheated the CPU.

I have a feeling your play for a top 2 won't happen to the offseason, who's UFA this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #46
Rookie

@bthomp the most notable top defensemen possibly up for free agency are Mike Green and Marc Staal so I would like to see if Staal would drop to us
Old 07-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
@bthomp the most notable top defensemen possibly up for free agency are Mike Green and Marc Staal so I would like to see if Staal would drop to us
Staal would be an awesome UFA pickup, focus all your attention on him.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:05 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp05
Staal would be an awesome UFA pickup, focus all your attention on him.
To be honest a trade is in the works right now, going to play a couple of games then see if I can pull the trigger on it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »