Home

The City of Brotherly... Bullies! - A Phildelphia Flyers dynasty (NHL 14)

This is a discussion on The City of Brotherly... Bullies! - A Phildelphia Flyers dynasty (NHL 14) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #105
MVP

johnstone1987's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The City of Brotherly... Bullies! - A Phildelphia Flyers dynasty (NHL 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaa23
Zdeno Chara

Chara? Anyways good job on winning the Cup! Question is now are you gonna continue to build this dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2015, 01:36 PM   #106
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

Voracek, Couturier sign new deal with Flyers; Coburn will walk.

Voracek isn't going anywhere for the next 8 years

With free agency starting soon, the resigning phase already started, with teams running to tender and/or resigning their restricted free agents. The Flyers did what was expected of them and signed new deals with some of their key players, mainly Jakub Voracek, who'll be a Flyer for the next 8 years. The winger will earn about $6.7M per season.
After a great season, Sean Couturier and the Schenn brothers Luke and Brayden also got big bucks from the reigning champs. The terms of their deals were undisclosed.
However, a key player was allowed to walk: Braydon Coburn was a very important defender on a group which isn't that great, but with the arrival of Danny DeKeyser the Flyers front office felt like he wasn't needed anymore, so they told him he is free to sign with other teams as an unrestricted free agent.

All of the Flyers resignings:

RW E. Condra
LW M. Raffl
RW J. Voracek
D L. Schenn
C B. Schenn
C S. Couturier
C N. Cousins
I am the captain of my soul"

New York Islanders | Utah Jazz | Kansas City Chiefs | Aston Villa | Brazil!
Old 07-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #107
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstone1987
Chara? Anyways good job on winning the Cup! Question is now are you gonna continue to build this dynasty?
Yeah, it was truly the end of an era for the entire NHL as both Chara and Datsyuk walked away. Thanks, and I'll surely keep up with it. I'll play this season at least and if we repeat than maybe I'll think about starting another one. I don't know, to be honest. Let's see how the things will flow.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #108
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

Breaking: Ben Bishop is a Flyer!

Bishop will leave Tampa Bay for the reigning champs on a 3 year deal

Heading into free agency, the Flyers had roughly 12 million on cap space to spend. Their priority was clearly a goalie, as Roberto Luongo called it a career after finally getting his ring. So they would obviously take a swing on Ben Bishop or James Reimer, the big fish of this year. And they scored a home run today as the former Tampa Bay Lightning goalie agreed to terms on a 3 year contract with Philadelphia.
"It's a great opportunity for me" - Bishop said - "These guys have something really special going on here and I wanna be a part of it."
Bishop will surely have big shoes to fill as Luongo's lone season in Philadelphia will be missed by the fans. The goalie proved that age is just a number and, sharp as ever, brought the security the Flyers needed between the pipes.

In other F.A-related news, the Flyers were snubbed by M. Letestu, but they signed center Riley Nash to a 1 year contract. Nash will be a 4th liner as the team had a void to fill in the lines after Giroux was traded and Couturier was promoted to the first line.

Some key free agent signings:

C M. Letestu -> Boston
D R. Polak -> Florida
D M. Giordano -> Ottawa
C D. Backes -> NY Islanders
D D. Hamhuis -> Buffalo
D B. Coburn -> Nashville
G J. Reimer -> Vancouver
C J. Lehtera -> Nashville
RW J. Hudler -> Arizona

Old 07-13-2015, 03:51 PM   #109
Rookie

vinaa23's Arena

We did some late offseason moves once again, after all it worked out well last year. Our offense had a small problem after the Giroux' trade: we had too many right wingers and not so many left wingers, so players like Simmonds and Jurco were on the left. Although Simmonds has been playing on the left wing for quite some time, we brought Jurco to play as his main position: RW. So it was clear, we needed to send away a right winger for a left winger, then our roster would be ready (or almost) for the regular season.
So we found the perfect trading partner in the San Jose Sharks, with Matt Nieto being our main target. We offered two prospects, LW A. Svitov and D J. Pettersson and our fourth liner RW E. Condra for him, but they wouldn't accept it, saying the value was too low. We threw two 2nd round picks in the mix and San Jose, in the mid of a rebuilding process, was more than glad to accept.

Trade summary: Philadelphia sends RW E. Condra, 2018 2nd round pick, LW A. Svitov, D J. Pettersson, 2019 2nd round pick to San jose
San Jose sends LW M. Nieto to Philadelphia

This is the depth chart for our offense:

I still think we need to get a better RW. Read should be our third liner, not second (I blame Detroit for not sending us Mantha). But I'm ok with this roster. While we obviously got worse at the top with Giroux leaving, our additions made us deeper than last year and in a long season depth is important.
Not pictured: Raffl and Cousins are our scratches. They'll be on backup duties.

As for the defense, we've got a lot deeper. Gostisbehere filled well the spot left by Schultz. Coburn left, but DeKeyser is way better than him and still have room to grow. Talking about growth, expect Hagg to finish the season/start the next one in the first pair.

The goalie situation is kinda the same: Bishop will replace Luongo as our starter, while Mason will still be around as the backup. Dan Ellis, the goalie we acquired in the trade that brought Luongo to Philly, is still around here but don't expect him to finish the season in a Flyers' jersey.

That's it. Now we're ready for the next season. Come on, Flyers. Let's repeat!

Last edited by vinaa23; 07-14-2015 at 06:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »