Home

New Dynasty, Picking a Team...

This is a discussion on New Dynasty, Picking a Team... within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Team for GM Mode?
Tampa Bay Lightning 0 0%
Pittsburgh Penguins 0 0%
Boston Bruins 1 16.67%
Columbus Blue Jackets 0 0%
Carolina Hurricanes 1 16.67%
Buffalo Sabres 0 0%
St. Louis Blues 0 0%
Chicago Blackhawks 0 0%
Minnesota Wild 1 16.67%
Los Angeles Kings 1 16.67%
Dallas Stars 1 16.67%
Arizona Coyotes 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2015, 04:05 AM   #9
Pro

Braeden's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New Dynasty, Picking a Team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCountry93
Seriously thinking about running with Toronto and simulating to the start of the 2015 season. I'd try to land the Leafs a top five pick through simulating the 2014-2015 season (won't be getting McDavid though lol) and would love playing as the Leafs that are re-tooling (or rebuilding) under Babcock. However, there are a few things I want to get out of the way before I begin the mode that I need your help with...

#1- Should the Leafs retool their roster or full out rebuild and overblow their roster?
#2- Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf will be traded no matter what. I like Kessel as a player but he seems to have worn out his welcome in Toronto. Phaneuf was linked earlier this year to the Wings in a possible trade. Their time is up in TO. They will be traded in my GM Mode.
** I like realism so please try to think of realistic packages as to who I should acquire in exchange for Kessel and Phaneuf.
#3- Who else goes? Gardiner, while a promising defensemen, has been linked in trade rumours. And is Joffery Lupul's time in Toronto up?

Thanks for any input guys, sorry I went a little off the board with my choice but I really like Babcock and think this would be an interesting GM Mode.
I think you should mix in a rebuild yet stay competitive. The leafs are still a solid team.

Kessel could fetch you a mid 20's pick and a prospect+player.

Phaneuf could fetch the same probably.

Lupul needs to be moved. But where?

GM OilCountry has to get those Leafs the cup
Old 06-08-2015, 06:59 PM   #10
Pro

DrGravyBoat's Arena

OVR: 0

GM OilCountry has a nice ring to it.

I like the choice. It is you that has to actually play the games.

Addressing your questions.

1. I personally would blow up the leafs roster and start from scratch. This might get boring after a while of constantly losing (Something quite accustomed to the Leafs organization as of late.)

2. I agree with Braeden on the Kessel front. A team like the Rangers could use him maybe? Duclair (if you're using roster from the start of the year) and a first. Dion Phaneuf on the other hand is harder to deal with. A huge contract which you will have to retain some, and a player past his prime. It'll be interesting to see how you deal with it. Maybe you get a goalie and something else?

3. Lupul goes over Gardner in my books, any day. Gardner is a young, defensemen who is good both offensively and defensively. Lupul is an aging veteran that will need to be traded soon. Also, have you thought of trading Kadri? He's young and has shown some ability to score. The value for him is probably as high as it will every be.

Not trying to run your dynasty for you, just giving you my opinions. Good luck
Old 06-08-2015, 11:24 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

@DrGravyBoat, thanks for the suggestions, in no way are you trying to run the dynasty for me! I love it when people give me suggestions about a franchise (I always ask for help/suggestions) as it gives me a completely new look at certain situations. The Leafs franchise has been started and will be posted soon! Anyways, here's a few things for now:

-Kadri and Gardiner are staying for now, need to get a gauge on how well they play
-Kessel was already dealt to a team in the Western Conference. Seriously considered the Rangers but they have too much cap for the deal to be worked out. Brought in a good return. Trade was made possible by the events surrounding the draft.
-Lupul has been swapped with another high caliber player that has had rumours swirling around him recently (I considered the Bruins' Brad Marchand seriously but just couldn't bring myself to trade with a divisional rival)
-Phaneuf is gone, thank goodness
-Bozak has also been traded to a Stanley Cup contender
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2015, 01:50 AM   #12
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17

I do not know if I am too late for this, but please not the Maple Leafs. A Carolina dynasty would be good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »