Home

Seb170455'CAP/Twitter Dynasty: Becoming a legend or a misfit (NHL15)

This is a discussion on Seb170455'CAP/Twitter Dynasty: Becoming a legend or a misfit (NHL15) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17
Seb170455'CAP/Twitter Dynasty: Becoming a legend or a misfit (NHL15)

This is my NHL 15 CAP dynasty. This dynasty has 2 storylines. I will follow Detroit and the created stars in WHL. I will do a Be A Gm with the Detroit Red Wings. There will be a great overhaul probably. But this is not the main story and will be on the background. The main focus of this dynasty will be the young legends or misfits in WHL. The CAP guys who play in WHL will be the main story. They will begin with their teams in WHL and be drafted by a NHL franchise in 2015. I will follow their carreers.

I will play a fast first season with Detroit. And after that I will try to do 10 game updates on the CAP youngsters. I play NHL 15 on PS3. I will sim all games. GM Management level will be hard.

I inserted 7 players into the WHL rosters. They will end up as superstars I guess. All ratings are 79, durability 80 and 4 attributes by choice are 94. The players all have 4½ yellow star potential. All of these ratings can change over the years and I have no controll over these numbers.

If you want to comment, please try to comment with your "twitter" account. I hope this will be fun and you will enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 09:12 AM   #2
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Re: Seb170455'CAP/Twitter Dynasty: Becoming a legend or a misfit (NHL15)

Nuka Seyde, 77 OVR (4½ Y) #11 - Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Twitter: @NukaSyde11
Right Winger - Sniper, Ottowa (Ontario, Canada), 1.88 m and 99.4 kg, Right handed
Lines on roster: minors
Bio:
Stats:
2014/2015:

John St.John, 80 OVR (4½ Y) #10 - Red Deer Rebels (WHL)
Twitter: @JohnStJohn
Center - Playmaker, Reno (Nevada, USA), 1.88 m and 95.3 kg, Right handed
Bio:
Stats:
2014/2015:

Tristan Nijenhuis, 77 OVR (4½ Y) #2 - Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
Twitter: @TristanN2
Right Wing - Enforcer, Chicago (Illinois, USA), 1.98 m and 97.2 kg, Left handed
Bio:
Stats:
2014/2015:

Sam Hart, 77 OVR (4½ Y) #2 - Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
Twitter: @HitManSam
Left Wing - Power Forward, Cincinnati (Ohio, USA), 1.88 m and 102.6 kg, Right handed
Bio:
Stats:
2014/2015:

Balrog Jeenz, 79 OVR (4½ Y) #18 - Saskatoon Blades (WHL)
Twitter: @BJeen51
Right Wing - Playmaker, Grand Rapids (Michigan, USA), 1.86 m and 95.3 kg, Right handed
Bio:
Stats:
2014/2015:

Xavier LaFlamme, 78 OVR (4½ Y) #70 - Red Deer Rebels (WHL)
Twitter: @XavierTheLegend
Left Wing - Sniper, Toronto (Ontario, Canada), 1.75 m and 95.3 kg, Right handed
Bio:
Stats:
2014/2015:

Sascha Maus, 85 OVR (4½ Y) #36 - Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
Twitter: @SMaus36
Defense - 2-Way Defender, Moose Jaw (Saskatchewan, Canada), 1.91 m and 88.1 kg, Left handed
Bio:
Stats:
2014/2015:

Last edited by seb170455; 07-22-2015 at 07:57 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:01 AM   #3
MVP

seb170455's Arena

I know it seems strange that the OVR rating differ so much, so I will post your player pages here. These are photo's so they are not of the best quality.

Last edited by seb170455; 07-21-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #4
MVP

seb170455's Arena

In June 2015 the draft will be in Florida. We all know about the hype around Connor McDavid. There are superb scouting reports of Strome, Marne rand Crouse. But a few youngsters in the WHL are not noticed yet. They have been slowly rising to the top of the crop. They have the whole year to be noticed and scouted before the draft. After talks with scouts like Morreale and Kimelman, Don Cherry and Bob MacKenzie, we came to the same conclusion: These boys are going to be great in the NHL. We going to introduce them.

Sam Hart (Seattle Thunderbirds – Left Wing)
The Cincinnati power forward has been a revelation last year. Hart is a big right-handed left-winger who is has the ability to be great at the boards but also in front of the net. He will punish you when you underestimate his check. He is strong and will crush you. But he is not only a gritty and determined player. He also has the skills to become a top-6 forward or maybe a franchise player. Hart reminds us of Jerome Iginla. We will see if he can crush his stats at Seattle and be the next big power forward in the NHL.

Balrog Jeenz (Saskatoon Blades – Right Wing)
This playmaker at the right wing has the skills to make his whole team better. He can pass the puck and has a good shot. Jeenz will be able to set up his teammates but can also score. You never know if he is going to score or pass. At Saskatoon this US native showcased his skills last year. He is a smart player with a good frame. In the right line up he will do a lot of damage. Speed, passing and shooting skills are a deadly combination. Jeenz could become the next John LeClair.

John St.John (Red Deer Rebels – Center)
St.John is a center. He is the typical center with a great set of skills. He has speed, knows how to stick check and can shoot the puck. He is strong and wins many face offs with his strength. At Red Deer he was a big presence on the ice. He is an all-round player. He will probably have many suitors at the draft, because everybody wants a big center with good skills. St.John can be compared to Mike Modano. Will he become the next captain of the US team at the Olympics?

Sam Maus (Moose Jaw Warriors – Defense)
Maus is a big defenseman who has all-round skills. He handles himself superbly at the back-end, but he also has a great offensive drive. His defensive skills are out of proportion, but he no stay at home defenseman. His puck control is great and he can pass the puck. This is a GM’s dream. A defenseman who can do it all. Who doesn’t want another Nick Lidstrom? At his hometown he has done enough to be considered a top 3 pick.

Xavier LaFlamme (Red Deer Rebels – Left Wing)
LaFlamme is a little speedster who can shoot the puck. He is a real sniper. He knows where he has to shoot the puck. His accuracy is great, but he also can shoot it hard. His shot has been compared to a lightning beam. He may not be a great checker, but his shooting upside is big. His Red Deer line mate St.John gives him the puck and hew will shoot him for sure. And most of the time it’s a goal. His coach already called him the future Pavel Bure.

Nuka Seyde (Prince Albert Raiders – Right Wing)
Another right winger in this list. Seyde is a sniper with an accurate and hard shot. He is great at the brake away, where he has the speed to stay in front of his chasers. In front of net he has no problem putting the puck behind the goalie. LaFlamme is not very big, but Seyde is. He has a big frame that allows him to protect the puck. Everything in his game is focussed on scoring. He want to score a much as Mike Bossy did in his prime. We will see if he will become the next top scorer in the NHL.

Tristan Nijenhuis (Calgary Hitmen – Right Wing)
Nijenhuis is an interesting player. He is not a power forward, but an enforcer. He is a real fighter and has the boxing skills to knock out his opponents. The question is off course why should teams want a breed that is slowly vanishing? Enforcers are slowly disappearing in the NHL. Nijenhuis had the most PIM in the WHl last year, but also had enough points. He has strength, but also a vicious accurate wrist shot. He can be usefull in many situations. He is the new Bob Probert, but with some upside in his offensive game.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:01 AM   #5
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Detroit Red Wing in dissaray after Babcock leaves to Toronto.

Two weeks ago, Mike Babcock announced that he was going to Toronto. After this announcement the ball got rolling. Not everybody within the club agreed with this transaction between Ken Holland and Toronto. This all led to chaos within the Red Wings organisation. People left the club or retired. Ken Holland knows how this works, but also resigned his job. This means that in the headoffice there are no executives to lead the club. The void has to be filled soon. Talks with candidates are ongoing.

Last edited by seb170455; 07-28-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2015, 09:03 AM   #6
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Today Mike Illitch presented the new General Manager of the Detroit Red Wings. "With great pride I present to you the new GM of the Red Wings organisation: Louis van Gaal. I know this is a strange choice, but I assure you he knows his way around hockey." Louis van Gaal is a great soccer coach, who had great succes with Ajax, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern München and the national team of the Netherlands. He knows everthing about managing clubs, players, contracts and the media. Hockey has been his love for some time. His assistent manager will be Lidstrom. This will be a good combination. Van Gaal is known for his visional management. He has a vision how the roster and club should look like and does not let personall feelings get in his way. If he has to trade the best players like Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Kronwall, he will do that. The fans say it will be scary times for them in the NHL.

Last edited by seb170455; 07-28-2015 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:25 AM   #7
MVP

seb170455's Arena

Pre-Season Prospect Rankings

1. Evan Smith (G)
2. Sam Hart (LW)
3. Sascha Maus (D)
4. Xavier LaFlamme (LW)
5. A. Bureau (G)
6. Daniel Sprong (RW)
7. Mathew Barzal (C)
8. Connor McDavid (C)
9. M. Giugovaz (G)
10. Nuka Seyde (RW)
11. Tristan Nijenhuis (RW)
14. Balrog Jeenz (RW)
26. John St.John (C)
Old 07-28-2015, 07:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nicely made! Really looking forward to this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »