Home

GM Career of Lou Fanakis

This is a discussion on GM Career of Lou Fanakis within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2015, 10:16 AM   #1
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
GM Career of Lou Fanakis

Semi Pro Star Announces Retirement

Today in a small conference room of the Everding Hotel, star player for the semi pro team Lincolnwood Steel Justice Lou Fanakis announced his retirement. The star forward/defenseman of the EASHL hangs up his skates amassing over 1000 points in 600 games. It was a rather somber moment for Fanakis, saying "I love this team, my teammates, Yuri Nation, Bucktooth Vampire, Steven Tigershark and Brick Nuggets. My body is starting to wear down and it's time for something else. I've played with and against great guys in my career in EASHL and I'm looking forward to this next chapter."

As for what Lou plans to do next, he says, he has it all planned. "I'm going to work on getting my car lot successfully running, then become a general Manager somewhere. I would love running a hockey team and am excited about what opportunities my agent will find me. In the meantime come by Fanakis Used Car Emporium where our prices are always slashed and the cars won't leave you penalized in a box."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #2
MVP

Cletus's Arena

Re: GM Career of Lou Fanakis

I'll be updating this periodically, but it will probably die off like all the other dynasties I do. I'm playing Eastside Hockey Manager and trying to build my way up to the NHL. I'm using the start of season TB rosters. I'll try to jazz this up a little more and add some humor/human interaction stuff. If you'd like to interview Lou/get involved in this dynasty let me know.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #3
MVP

seb170455's Arena

OVR: 17

Good luck!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
MVP

Cletus's Arena

Fanakis, Hershey, and Bears. Oh My!

July 13, 2015 Hershey, PA

The Hershey Bears have announced that local hockey star Lou Fanakis has been hired as General Manager. Fanakis was quoted as saying, "I'm very excited to be a part of a team with this much history of developing great players. " Fanakis's first job as GM is to infuse some talent and depth into the roster. "My bosses told me to improve the roster, and that's what I will do. We have a solid core and there are certainly guys that will play in the NHL this year." When asked what his first move was he jokingly said, "Finding a place to live would be a good place to start."
Old 07-29-2015, 10:50 AM   #5
MVP

Cletus's Arena

Here's what Lou is working with so far. The plan is to get as many young guys in here, with a few (3 or 4) veterans.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #6
MVP

Cletus's Arena

Hershey Bears Report

Hi everyone, here's your report for July 20, 2015. New Gm Lou Fanakis has been busy filling out the AHL roster this week signing 9 players. The biggest names are Trevor Ludwig and Taylor Spurgeon. Hardcore Bears fans weren't thrilled with the lack of big names but Fanakis said not to worry. "We are just getting started. I know the names aren't earth shattering, but it's still early." Curtis Valk, Bretton Stamler, Devon Krogh, Maxime Tanguay and Brendan Ellis are the other players signed this week. Hershey begins the regular season at home on October 10th again Wilkes-Barre Scranton.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #7
MVP

Cletus's Arena

Old 07-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #8
MVP

Cletus's Arena

Hershey Bears Report: July 27, 2015

The Hershey Bears announced the signing of 3 more players this week. Matthew Aubin, Keilinn Ainsworth, and Kristoff Kontos.

Aubin is a 28 year old winger who has 28 points in 83 career AHL games. He's played over 700 games in his career and has over 500 points.

Ainsworth is a flashy winger who played for Lake Superior State last season. he had 62 points, 26 goals, in 52 games.

Kristoff Kontos is a 21 year old center who had 62 points for Orlando of the ECHL last season. Word from the team is he projects to be a 3rd line prospect.

We've heard some rumors about GM Lou Fanakis bring thrown around in Florida about the Panthers open job. Whether this is interest from Fanakis or Florida is uncertain. Quite a story, though, if Fanakis goes from car salesman to NHL GM in a few weeks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »