Home

Return to HockeyTown... A Detroit Red Wings BeaGM

This is a discussion on Return to HockeyTown... A Detroit Red Wings BeaGM within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #17
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14
Rick Watkins Professional Journal

Entry: December 3rd, 2013

I haven’t yet spoken with Doug Armstrong (Blues GM) regarding Taresenko. They’re going to want a lot in order to give him up as they know better than anyone what a high ceiling that guys has.

Last night the staff and I came to a consensus that we would have to send Jimmy Howard over in order to get the Blues to move off Vlad. They need goaltending help plus with Howard’s skill up to this season and his long term deal we can probably get them to send over another net minder to take his place for us.

I am concerned about the backlash of trading away a guy that everyone in and around the franchise loves. I think if Taresenko can hit the ground running the fan base and media pundits may change their tune in a hurry but if the deal doesn’t work out I’m sure I’ll be the butt of many jokes going forward.

If I had my preference I’d obviously keep Jimmy & add some sort of scoring power but frankly our premier net minder isn’t getting the job done at the moment. No matter anyone’s personal feelings in the end though this is a business, I spoke with Illich & Ken and they both told me they trusted my judgment.

--

After a lot of back and forth I decided to pursue the deal. The rest of the staff says we should propose Howard and an agreed upon AHLer for Taresenko, Brian Elliot, and two draft picks. I think the deal will help the team both in the long and short term. Now I just have to hope Brian Elliot doesn’t turn out to be a sieve.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:29 AM   #18
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Detroit Free Press December 4 2013

December 4 2013

Howard Delt to St. Louis

Detroit, MI- In a shocking player for player trade on Tuesday the Red Wings sent longtime net minder Jimmy Howard to St. Louis in exchange for winger Vladmir Taresenko, goalie Brian Elliot, and a first round draft pick.
Although regular season player for player trades are not uncommon in the NHL it is rare to see franchise players switching teams as happened Tuesday.
With his team struggling to stay above the .500 mark at 16-14 and treading water in the middle of the Atlantic Division, interim general manager Rick Watkins decided it was time to shake up the roster.

“We were looking for someone to strengthen our wing that could put the puck in the net as well.” Watkins said after the trade was made public. “We were able to find that in a younger player with high upside as well in Valdmir (Taresenko)… We knew we had to look at making the move.”
Howard has spent his entire career in Detroit since coming up through their farm system in Grand Rapids. The Detroit front office is excited for Taresenko’s upside as a young player but the reaction to trading away a fan favorite has not been positive.
“Its never an easy decision when you’re looking to move a guy whose an all star that has been through your system but the upside outweighed the negatives.” Watkins said on the deal.

“It’s tough to say goodbye to Jimmy but we wish him all the luck in the world.” Head Coach Mike Babcock said about the trade. “We’re comfortable with (Brian) Elliot handling the duties between the pipes primarily and are excited to see what Vlad can bring to the lineup.”

Taresenko and Elliot are expected to meet the Wings in New Jersey for Frinday night’s matchup with the Devils.

Full trade details below:

To St. Louis:
G Jimmy Howard
D Mike Fontenot

To Detroit:
RW Valdmir Taresenko
G Brian Elliot
STL 2014 1st round pick

Old 09-08-2015, 04:48 PM   #19
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Entry: January 1st, 2014

No time for partying when the season is on… December was a fine month for this club. The team went 9-4 including a six game winning streak which launched us to third in the conference. Vlad Taresenko took just a game to get settled on the first line and has been pouring the puck into the net since then. He scored a hat trick in just his third game with the franchise!
On the flip side Elliot has been solid if serviceable between the pipes. Not a flashy guy he just comes to work and gets the job done. Babs confirmed my suspicion that there was a little unrest in the locker room after the trade but a six game winning streak will brighten anyone’s mood.
The injury bug finally caught up with the squad as both Justin Abdelkader and Kyle Quincey went down with separated shoulders nearly back to back. We’ve got Tomas Tatar and Dan Cleary to step up a line in Abdelkader’s place and Drew Miller to step onto the left side 4th line. Defensively we’ll have Brian Lashoff up from Grand Rapids to pair with Dekeyser. Everyone has been playing so fluidly together that making the needed adjustments didn’t seem to have a huge effect on the team’s on ice chemistry.
Though it’s only January the staff is beginning preparations for this off season. There may be a lot of turnover among our bottom six forwards with Bertuzzi, Legwand, and Cleary unrestricted, but that’s part of the business.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:50 PM   #20
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Detroit Red Wings December 2013 Results

Detroit Red Wings December 2013-14 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Dec 1at Ottawa SenatorsWon, 3-2
Dec 4vs Philadelphia FlyersLost, 4-3
Dec 6at New Jersey DevilsWon, 5-2
Dec 7vs Florida PanthersWon, 4-3
Dec 10at Florida PanthersWon, 5-2
Dec 12at Tampa Bay LightningWon, 6-4
Dec 14vs Pittsburgh PenguinsWon, 4-3
Dec 15vs Tampa Bay LightningWon, 5-4
Dec 17vs Anaheim DucksLost, 5-3
Dec 19vs Calgary FlamesWon, 3-1
Dec 21at Toronto Maple LeafsLost, 6-4
Dec 23vs New York IslandersWon, 2-1
Dec 28at Florida PanthersLost, 5-1
Dec 30at Nashville PredatorsWon, 2-0
Old 09-10-2015, 10:30 AM   #21
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Entry: February 1st, 2014

Beggars can’t be choosers I guess. January was another fantastic month; the team went 9-4 with a seven game wining streak stretching back to the end of December. It would have been nice to keep the winning going and end the month stop the conference but in a league with so much parity a month five games over .500 is a success.

I think we’re in a solid position for the playoffs but there’s a lot of hockey to be played of course. February includes the two week Olympic break before a total blitz through March of 14 games.

From the executive’s point of view I absolutely hate the Olympic break. It’s basically sending our best players out to play intense, playoff style hockey right before the push for the playoffs. Injury, fatigue, and losing team chemistry are all risks when these guys go over to Sochi.

That all being said it’s a fantastic spectacle from a fan’s perspective. I wish I could get over there to take in some of the games but it’ll be all hands on deck in the front office throughout those two weeks. Not to mention the Griffins still have four games in that span.
Below is a list of guys headed to Sochi….

- Pavel Datsyuk (Russia)
- Vlad Taresenko (Russia)
- Henrik Zetterberg (Sweden)
- Niklas Kronwall (Sweden)
- Johan Franzen (Sweden)
- Jonas Gustavsson (Sweden)
- Jonathan Ericsson (Sweden)
- Tomas Tatar (Slovakia)
- Tomas Jurco (Slovakia)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #22
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Detroit Red Wings January 2014 Results

Detroit Red Wings January 2013-14 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Jan 1vs Toronto Maple LeafsWon, 1-0
Jan 4at Dallas StarsWon, 3-0
Jan 9at San Jose SharksWon, 5-2
Jan 11at LA KingsWon, 5-4
Jan 12at Anaheim DucksWon, 4-3
Jan 16at New York RangersWon, 3-2
Jan 18vs LA KingsLost, 3-2
Jan 20vs St. Louis BluesLost, 4-2
Jan 22vs Chicago BlackhawksWon, 5-1
Jan 24vs Montreal CanadiensLost, 5-3
Jan 26vs Florida PanthersWon, 2-1
Jan 28at Philadelphia FlyersWon, 3-0
Jan 31vs Washington CapitalsLost, 5-3
Old 09-11-2015, 07:21 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Return to HockeyTown... A Detroit Red Wings BeaGM

A very impressive month of January!

Keep it up and bring the cup back to Hockeytown!
Old 09-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #24
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

Re: Return to HockeyTown... A Detroit Red Wings BeaGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliDegu2008
A very impressive month of January!

Keep it up and bring the cup back to Hockeytown!
Thank for following man! glad to know I finally have someone reading along!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »