Home

There is a Storm Brewing!!!! Carolina Hurricanes Be A Gm

This is a discussion on There is a Storm Brewing!!!! Carolina Hurricanes Be A Gm within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2016, 02:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: There is a Storm Brewing!!!! Carolina Hurricanes Be A Gm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverinez
you gotta get him out of it

As a Bruins fan myself I have tried lol idk where his love of the Canes comes from but I'm very proud he loves hockey (my favorite sport)
Old 05-18-2016, 03:33 PM   #10
Rookie

Hurricanes Vs Lightning Game Gets Ugly

The Hurricanes started November off with a game that they were huge underdogs for considering they were taking on the Tampa Bay Lightning. Too say it was a defensive battle was on understatement of a lifetime. Multiple big hits and even an ejection. With the big hit after big hit multiple fights breaking out through the first two and a half periods things reached an ugly point as James Wisniewski seen Tyler Johnson up against the boards trying to get the puck. Wisniewski charged in at Johnson and hit in directly from behind into the boards. It was pretty obvious that it was in retaliation to a hit that Coburn had laid on Staal earlier in the period. Johnson was seen needing help getting off the ice with what appeared to be a neck or head injury and Wisniewski night was done.

"It was the most disgusting act I have ever seen it hockey. That should be assult on what that P.O.S did to Johnson," Cooper said after the game. The Hurricanes managed to win the game on the only goal of the game midway through overtime on a Semin one-timer.

"Don't think you can come in to our house and lay a dirty hit on Skinner (Coburn hit) and not expect retaliation. They knew it was a cheap shot so I did something to show we aren't afraid of a little violence. I would do it again to protect my teammates," Wisniewski also had this to say on if he thinks that the NHL will suspend him for the Hit "Absolutely I expect to miss some time. Its hockey man up. Sorry he got hurt but it will show them we aren't a team to mess with."
Old 05-18-2016, 04:15 PM   #11
Rookie

Post Re: There is a Storm Brewing!!!! Carolina Hurricanes Be A Gm

Hurricanes Roll through November

Even with Wisniewski missing 8 of the last 11 games of the month due to the NHL suspending him for the hit on Tyler Johnson the lightning finish the month 9-3-1. The NHL needs to take note that this team isn't going to give up a lot of goals a night with the rotation of Ward and Lack in the goaltenders spot. Ward has a .929S% and Lack a .934S%. That great play by the goaltenders helped this team give up only 2 goals or more in 4 games all month. In those games the team went 1-2-1 with the only game in which they gave up more then two goals a 4-1 loss to the kings.

Skinner and Staal are definately on there way to being two stars in the league as skinner leads the team in points with 26 (11G 15A) and Staal having 23 (8G 15A)

With a 14-7-3 record the Hurricanes find themselves only 3 points behind the Penguins and Flyers for first in the Metropolitan Division and 4 points ahead of the Devils

Metropolitan
Penguins 16-6-2 33P
Flyers 16-7-2 33P
Hurricanes 14-7-3 31P
Devils 12-9-3 27P
Capitals 11-9-3 25P
Islanders 10-13-3 23P
Blue Jackets 10-14-2 22P
Rangers 8-17-1 17P

Atlantic
Senators 16-7-1 33P
Lightning 13-9-4 30P
Redwings 14-10-1 29P
Canadians 13-10-3 29P
Maple leafs 11-10-4 26P
Sabres 12-12-1 25P
Bruins 9-12-2 20P
Panthers 8-14-2 18P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2016, 02:05 AM   #12
Rookie

I'm sad to see this Be A Gm end but for the first time ever in a franchise on a sports game i didn't have a back up file of this saved. My system froze in the middle of a save and corrupted the file. I was 20-7-3 heading into a game against the 20-7-3 flyers for the best record not only in the division and conference but also the league. I'm beyond pissed that this is how it has to end when we were riding 9 or 10 game winning streak and had a streak of 14 games giving up 1 or less goals a game. I was hitting my stride with this team. I will be back with a new Dynasty to write as i feel that it has rejuvenated my love for playing offline dynasty and getting to share my strategies, opinion, and prospective with how i am running my team but also tell a story at the same time. Hopefully I will have a new one up soon.

Sorry to anyone that has been following this. I know reading some of these from other people like Son of Sam99's Red Wings dynasty or the LA Kings one has become a part of my day when I have the free time. Not sure how many people read mine tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »