Home

The Captain Returns - NHL19 - Detroit Red Wings

This is a discussion on The Captain Returns - NHL19 - Detroit Red Wings within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2018, 01:03 AM   #105
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Captain Returns - NHL19 - Detroit Red Wings

Central Scouting
Presents:
The Top 10 Prospects
for the
2021 NHL Draft

19th June 2021

Here are the final top 10 rookie prospects for the 2021 NHL Draft:

At # 14, Jaylon Legace is Enticing – Med Elite Defenseman
I have my eye on this guy….

Coming in @ #46 is Stanislav Ponikarovsky – Med Franchise Potential
The Red Wings already have Viktor Chistov coming through the ranks beginning next season, so this guy isn’t really on our radar. He is going to be huge for some lucky team in the 2nd round though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 01:06 AM   #106
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

The 2021 NHL Awards Night
Wednesday 21st June 2021

& the Winners Are…

Spoiler

2021 NHL Draft Lottery Result:
Spoiler

Player Retirements:
Spoiler

Up Next:

2021 NHL Player Entry Draft

Last edited by SeattleBattleCat; 11-30-2018 at 05:13 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:35 AM   #107
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Smile Re: The Captain Returns - NHL19 - Detroit Red Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a2lt
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!

I've got a question...

Who the hell is Ken Holland?

Going to make me sick to my stomach but : Yzerman was the soul of your franchise.

But, as we say in StL...Don't care if they went east, still hate them!
Ken’s just some guy who’s name used to be on my door. Lol

Agree with you 100% on Yzerman, that’s why every Red Wings fan wants him at the helm.

You’re softening up to the Red Wings charm, I can tell
Old 12-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #108
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

2021 NHL Player Entry Draft
23rd June 2021

The Result:

The Red Wings went into this year’s draft with another 11 draft picks & possibly walked out with some of the best new generational talent on offer.

Trade News:
Quote:

Red Wings trade D-men Bigras, Green & Edler during big 1st Round
Yzerman makes space, acquires picks. Green heads back to Washington, Edler to Nashville & Bigras to Dallas

23rd June 2021

Detroit Selects:
Round 1, Pick 1 - LW Fredrick Larsson - 100% Med Elite

Quote:

Detroit Red Wings select Fredrik Larsson at no.1
Talented prospect led all others in Central Scouting rankings after breakout year with Frölunda Indians

23rd June 2021

Round 1, Pick 10 - D Jaylon Legace - 100% Med Elite

Round 1, Pick 23 - RW Guy Castonguay - 100% Low Elite

Round 2, Pick 44 - D Aleksander Petrov - 100% Med Top4D

Round 3, Pick 70 - C Darren Henrich - 100% Med Elite

Round 4, Pick 95 - D Walter Stanton - 100% Low Top4D

Round 4, Pick 112 - LW Boris Sbruev - 100% Med Top6F

Round 5, Pick 141 - LW Luis Schauer - 100% Low Elite

Round 6, Pick 172 - Parker McLaren - 100% Low Elite

Round 6, Pick 178 - C Donavan Delmas - 100% Med Bottom6F

Round 7, Pick 209 - G Curtis Gardiner - 75% Med Fringe Starter

All the trades on Draft Day:
Ther were a number of movers & Shakers during this years draft, none more so than Montreal who were trading picks in & out like they were baseball cards

Red Wings Trades in Detail:
Detroit Acquires ARI Rd3 Pick 70 from Washington in exchange for D Mike Green
Detroit acquires NAS Rd2 Pick 44 from Nashville in exchange for D Alex Edler & NYI Rd3 Pick 69
Detroit acquires DAL Rd5 Pick 152 from Dallas in exchange for D Christopher Bigras
Montreal acquires DAL Rd5 Pick 152 from Detroit in exchange for NYR Rd 6 Pick 172 & future MON 2022 7th Round Pick

The Top 10 NHL Draftees in 2021:
Pick #1 – Detroit Red Wings

Pick #2 – Florida Panthers

Pick #3 – Las Vegas Golden Knights

Pick #4 – New Jersey Devils

Pick #5 – Montreal Canadiens

Pick #6 – Los Angeles Kings

Pick #7 – New York Islanders

Pick #8 – Arizona Coyotes

Pick #9 – Buffalo Sabres

Pick #10 – Detroit Red Wings

This Guy is gonna be big someday soon – Pick #46 Stanislav Ponikarovsky (Med Franchise Goalie):

NHL Draft Wrap Up:
Without any doubt, this was an absolute cracking draft for the Detroit Red Wings. Not only did we select the number 1 forward on offer, Fredrik Larsson, we then selected (medium) elite defensive prospect, Jaylon Legace at number 10. It didn’t stop there, we then picked up Guy Castonguay (Low Elite) at pick 23, then Aleksander Petrov (Med Top6F) in the 2nd Round, plus Darren Henrich, another potential (Medium) Elite in the 3rd Round.
This was an odd, but exceptional year. We were a rebuilding team that placed 2nd at the end of the season, took part in the playoffs (albeit very briefly) & still walked away with the 1st pick in the draft on top of another 2 other 1st round picks, this will set us up for the foreseeable future.
The biggest change that this draft brings to the lineup next season, is the small clean out in the defensive ranks, with Green, Edler & Bigras all traded out. With the addition of Weber at last season’s trade deadline, there were 4 defensemen (Green, Edler, Weber & Ericsson) over the age of 35 – something had to give. Green & Edler both carried some small trade value, so we put them on the block & managed to move them on. With players such as Foote, Cholowski, McIsaac & Hicketts all pressing for a top 6 spot along with Weber & Muzzin included, I believe we will be quite okay.
Unless the wheels completely fall off our next upcoming season, I don’t think we will have another draft that even comes close to the value the Red Wings gained today.
(In all honesty, I pulled away from selecting another 2 medium Elite forward’s, 2 medium elite defensemen, plus the Medium Franchise Goalie that were dotted throughout the draft & within my grasp - it was an extremely rich draft, the best I’ve ever come across. It would have been too easy to select these players, I think I got a very good deal out of this one & now have a good mix of high to medium talented prospects that comes close to matching what some of the other teams within this franchise mode have upcoming.)
* I probably should note, the real name of the Frölunda Indians player pictured is Andreas Johnson, however as he has the same number as Larsson does in the game I couldn’t resist using the pic – thanks Andreas!
Old 12-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #109
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Re-Sign Phase
25th - 30th June

Players Released

C Nikolai Zikov - Unsigned Prospect
C Nikita Alexandrov - Unsigned Prospect
D Victor Hadfield - Unsigned Prospect
C Christopher Ehn - RFA Released
G Kaden Fulcher - RFA Released
G Marek Mazanec - Released
G Harri Sateri - Released
C Tomas Nosek - Did not wish to extend
RW Tom Kuhnhackl - Did not wish to extend
D Brian Lashoff – Did not wish to extend

Released 7 players at the completion of their contracts, plus 3 unsigned prospects that had not reached closed enough to their potential to consider awarding an entry level contract.
The only player that we released that was on the full time Red Wings roster was Tom Kuhnhackl, who just simply wanted to move on.

Players Re-Signed

D Callan Foote - 22yrs 80ovr Med Elite - Signed 3 yr contract - $2.525m per year.
D Dennis Cholowski - 23yrs 79ovr Med Top4D - Signed 3yr Contract @ $2.85M per year.
D Jake Chelios - 30yrs 71ovr Exact AHL Top2D - Signed 1 year 2way Contract @ $0.750M
RW Garnet Hathaway - 29yrs 76ovr Exact Bottom6F - Signed 1 year 2way Contract @ $0.8M
C Axel Holmstrom - 24yrs 75ovr Med Bottom6F - Signed RFA Contract, 1 year @ $0.905M
LW Givani Smith - 23yrs 76ovr Med Top9F - Signed RFA Contract, 1 year @ $0.905M
D Gustav Lindstrom - 22yrs 74ovr Med Top6D - Signed RFA Contract, 1 year @ $0.905M
G Marcus Hogberg - 26yrs Med Fringe Starter - Signed 1yr 2way Contract @ $0.825M

Foote & Cholowski have been signed to their 1st contracts outside of their entry level. Aside from Foote & Cholowski, other players to watch above who may get a shot on the Wings roster may be Givani Smith & Gustav Lindstrom pending how they develop throughout next season.

RFA qualified Tenders:
There are no outstanding RFA tenders, all that were qualified during the week have re-signed with the team.
These players were Holmstrom, Smith & Lindstrom.

Entry Level Contracts Offered:
G Viktor Chistov - 20yrs 74ovr Med Franchise Goalie - Signed 3year Entry Level Contract @ $0.925M per year
LW Fredrick Larsson - 18yrs ???ovr Med Elite - Signed 3year Entry Level Contract @ $0.925M per year
D Amrit Shaw - 19yrs 76ovr Low Elite - Signed 3year Entry Level Contract @ $0.925M per year
D Jaylon Legace - 18yrs ???ovr Med Elite - Signed 3year Entry Level Contract @ $0.925M per year
RW Cole Stewart - 20yrs 73ovr Med Bottom6F - Signed 3year Entry Level Contract @ $0.85M per year
C Logan Stafford - 20yrs 72ovr Low Top9F - Signed 3year Entry Level Contract @ $0.825M per year

With a number of players released and a great pool of talent coming up, this years re-sign phase saw 6 rookies given entry level contracts.
I generally reserve these decisions until the Free Agency Period begins, however 3 of the above players were on the verge to going to free agency (Chistov, Stewart & Stafford) & the other 3 players are of exceptional talent (Larsson, Shaw & Legace).

Free Agency Period up next

Last edited by SeattleBattleCat; 12-03-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-03-2018, 12:37 PM   #110
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

NHL Free Agency 2021
1ST July - 31st August 2021

Top Free Agents available in 2021:
Skaters:

Goalies:

Detroit Red Wings – Free Agency Period Highlights
FA Signings & News Releases from 1st July – 31st August:

1st July:

Quote:

Red Wings in talks with Trouba
Wings join 5 other teams in the hunt for Defenseman’s services

1st July 2021,

5th July:
Detroit Signs D Jacob Trouba 27yrs 84ovr Exact Top4D - to 2 year contract @ $5.8M per year.
Trouba wanted 5 years @ $4.975M however we countered with a 2 year deal @ $5.8M, which was just under what he was earning at Winnipeg & he took us up on our offer over everyone else. We have the space in the cap for the next 2 seasons, plus this addition really strengthens our top 4 defense.

Quote:

Jacob Trouba signs for 2 years with Red Wings
Stanley Cup winning defenseman signs with new team for 2years valued at $5.8M per year

5th July 2021

15th July:
Quote:

New York Rangers sign Vasilevskiy
Rangers stun all in the league with elite goaltender’s signing. Lundqvist likely to go to back up role in final year of contract

15th July 2021,

Wrap up:
With signing 6 Rookies to contracts during the re-sign week & our objective of signing a key defenseman complete within days of the start of the free agency period, we didn’t have much else to do – extremely quiet year.
The Wings will likely need to sign another minor league goalie to cover for player assignments to the NHL, which we will look into during or after pre-season.
We also have a medium elite defenseman, Zachery Spezza who we drafted in 2020 that I am on the fence with giving him an entry level contract (which would bring the tally to 7 rookie signings)

Notable Free Agent Signings Around The League:
Arizona Coyotes:
G Tukka Rask Signed 2yr Contract @ $6.565m per year
C Niklas Backstrom Signed 5yr contract @ $7.925m per year
C Joe Thornton Signed 1yr Contract with Arizona @ $2.375m
Carolina Hurricanes:
G Declan Dubnyk Signed 2yr Contract @ $3.575m per year
Colorado Avalanche:
G Philipp Grubauer Signed 2yr Contract with Colorado $1.96m per year
Detroit:
D Jacob Trouba signed 2yr Contract @ $5.8m per year
Edmonton Oilers:
D Niklas Kronwall Signed 1yr Contract @ $2.545m per year
Los Angeles Kings:
LW Sven Baertschi Signed 6yr Contract @ $4.84m per year
Montreal Canadiens:
G Jake Allen Signed 1yr Contract @ $2.91m
G Antti Raanta Signed 1yr Contract @ $2.745m
Minnesota Wild:
G Frederik Anderson Signed 5 yr Contract @ $7.38m per year
LW Jaden Schwartz Signed 6yr Contract @ $9.55m per year
New York Rangers:
LW Brandon Saad Signed 5yr Contract @ $5.26m per year
LW Teuvo Teravainen Signed 4yr Contract @ $5.71m per year
D Niklas Hjalmarsson Signed 1yr Contract @ $4.605m per year
G Andrej Vasilevskiy Signed 7yr Contract @ $9.465m per year
Philadelphia Flyers:
D Dustin Byfuglien Signed 1 yr Contract @ $5.56m
D Adam Larsson Signed 1yr Contract @ $4.995m
Washington Capitals:
D Kevin Shattenkirk Signed 5yr Contract @ $4.77m per year
Winnipeg Jets:
D Jonas Brodin Signed 4yr Contract @ $5.07m per year
D Alec Martinez Signed 1yr Contract @ $4.645m
G Jimmy Howard Signed 2yr Contract @ $1.63m per year

Trades during Free Agency:
Here are the trades that occurred between 1st July - 31st August

Up Next: Training Camp & Pre-Season

Last edited by SeattleBattleCat; 12-04-2018 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Added league trades to the post
Old 12-05-2018, 09:56 AM   #111
Rookie

m1a2lt's Arena

OVR: 1

Nice haul from the draft!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2018, 04:05 AM   #112
Pro

SeattleBattleCat's Arena

Red Wings Headlines…
Quote:

Training Camp Commences tomorrow
Opportunity for prospects & veterans to show what they can give

12th September 2021

Red Wings players & prospects will hit the ice tomorrow when the annual training camp commences.
This season will see a number talented prospects take the opportunity to vie for a regular roster against seasoned hardened players.
One prospect in particular looking to make an immediate impact is Detroit’s number 1 pick in this year’s draft, Fredrik Larsson. Larsson is one of at least 3 generational talents that were on offer during the draft held earlier in June & the Red Wings took no time in ensuring they acquired the young skater’s services.
Fresh from his breakout season in the SHL with the Frolunda Indians, Larsson will have to adapt his game to the fast pace of American style hockey all but immediately if he is to earn a spot on the roster, something which he believes completely possible.
“I am excited to this give this a shot. I know my game & think I know what I need to do to change up to make NHL.” Said Larsson at last night’s dinner event held at a restaurant in The District Detroit.
“This is dream come true, I am really excited to play with Mantha, Larkin, Dach & Zadina.”
Steve Yzerman was upbeat about his new asset heading into the preseason.
“We didn’t count ourselves in with a chance to even get close to obtaining Larsson throughout most of last season. Our scouting group had a couple of short discussions with him, but he and we both knew playing together was a long shot. Then everything lined up & that long shot was suddenly a reality.”
“I like his style of play, his ability to score in some of the Indians games I watched on tape is uncanny. We have to look after this kid and make sure he develops in the best way that benefits him & our hockey team. I’d like to think he will get a start on the Wings roster & we will see as this next week progresses & review his performance during the pre-season. If he is not ready & needs some time in the AHL or somewhere like that, then that’s what we’ll do. This is a big change for Fredrik, he leaves behind a family & his other support groups to come here, so we’ll have his back.”
Also joining this year’s training camp is the Red Wing’s Number 10 pick in this year’s draft, defenseman Jaylon Legace, who has had a great year with the WHL’s Moosejaw Warriors.
“At 18 years of age, Jaylon has a great all-round game, he can push the puck around to create opportunities on offense & he positions himself well in defense to block moves. He could make the roster, however he might learn more this year by sticking another year in the Juniors. We’re going to give this kid every chance during the camp however.” Said Yzerman.

The following is the list of skaters who are officially up for roster selection at the commencement of the season:

Center: (7)
Dylan Larkin
Kirby Dach
Andreas Athanasiou
Michael Rasmussen
Joe Veleno (R)
Logan Stafford (R)
Stelio Mattheos (R)

Right Wing:
Anthony Mantha
Filip Zadina
Martin Frk
Chris Terry

Left Wing:
Jeff Skinner
Evgeny Svechnikov
Tyler Bertuzzi
Givani Smith (R)
Fredrik Larsson (R)

Defense: (10)
Shea Weber
Jakob Muzzin
Jacob Trouba
Dennis Cholowski
Callan Foote
Jared McIsaac (R)
Joe Hicketts
Brandon Mestre (R)
Amrit Shaw (R)
Jaylon Legace (R)

Goaltender:
Ville Husso
Johnathan Bernier
Viktor Chistov (R)

With training camp commencing tomorrow, the pre-season then kicks into action on September 19th when the Red Wings will take on the Florida Panthers.
Quote:

Weber named Alternate Captain
Red Wings acknowledge defenseman’s prolific leadership & past with Nashville & Montreal

12th September 2021,

Quote:

Veleno wants roster spot
Emerging prospect says he’s ready for NHL

14th September 2021

Last edited by SeattleBattleCat; 12-11-2018 at 02:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »