Home

Fear the Dear - an NHL 19 Expansion Story

This is a discussion on Fear the Dear - an NHL 19 Expansion Story within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 11:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fear the Dear - an NHL 19 Expansion Story

Tweet

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 09-25-2018 at 11:57 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:07 AM   #10
Rookie

nolman29's Arena

OVR: 4

Love the Twitter feeds!

I am following along!
Old 09-26-2018, 08:23 PM   #11
Rookie

Another Game; Another Fast Start Leads to Win
November 3, 2023
Petr De Luna

Bancroft scores his first goal of the year to give Alpines a 2-0 lead midway through the 1st

The Alpines got a nice surprise before the game and helped ride that high to a 4-1 win to end the road stretch in style. Despite reports that Zajac, the Alpines leading scorer through the first 10 games of the year, would not suit up for a second straight game, he gave it a go pre-game, and was medically cleared to play. Although he would not add to his point total, he was a welcome sight on the ice. After the game, Zajac met with reporters exclaiming, "yeah, it was nice to get back out there. I hated sitting in the box last game. Head feels fine. Lucky I don't have many brains in there to begin with, eh?"

The game itself was a carbon copy of the last game through two periods. The Alpines would be staked to a 3-0 first period lead, the Wild would score midway through the second (thanks to a Girgensons own-goal), but this time, the Alpines never let the game get close and ran away with it, scoring in the 3rd and never letting the Wild get comfortable. Horcoff made only 17 saves on the day, the Alpines took no penalties, and the Wild never really threatened.

Scoring Summary:
1st:
4:57 - Lahtinen [4] (Roach, Bancroft}
6:23 - Bancroft [1] (Zadina, Dach)
17:55: Roach [4] (Moro, Lindell)

2nd:
19:17 - Zucker [5] (unassisted)

3rd:
18:25 - Krebs [4] (Roach. Zadina)

Stars of the Game:
* Roach (1g, 2a)
** Bancroft (1g, 1a)
*** Zucker (1g)

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 09-26-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 08:29 PM   #12
Rookie

Old 09-26-2018, 09:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Scheifele, Undisciplined Play Undue Homecoming for 'Pines

November 6, 2023
Petr De Luna

Keegan Zajac celebrates number 5 on the year late in the 3rd to close the gap to two goals

After a long road trip, the Wisconsin Alpines returned home last night and they must have been jetlagged. The Alpines could get very little going throughout the first 2 periods, as the Jets (8-3-0) entered the zone continuously and peppered Horcoff. Mark Scheifele entered with 5 goals in his last 5 games and exited with a natural hat-trick to extend that streak to 6 goals. He scored two on a 5-on-3 advantage, as Girgensens had an iffy charging call go against him after an Alex Alexyev trip just moments prior. Horcoff made 21 stops on 24 shots, but really only had a chance at the third Scheifele goal. Opposite of Horcoff, Hellebuyck (tonight's first star), stopped 23 of 24, but really only faced a challenge starting mid-ward through the third.

The Alpines (6-5-1) remain at home to face another tough opponent in the Carolina Hurricanes (7-3-2). The Alpines do currently hold a Western Conference Wild Card spot as they sit in 5th in the Central with 13 points, though the Sharks, and Blues are only a single point behind.

Scoring Summary:
1st:
10:22 - Scheifele [7] (Ehlers, Laine)

2nd:
9:46 - Scheifele [8] (Morrissey, Ehlers)
10:17 - Scheifele [9] (unassisted)

3rd:
18:38 - Zajac [5] (Aberg, Dach)

Stars of the Game
* Hellebuyck (23 sv)
** Scheifele (3g)
*** Zajac (1g)
Old 09-26-2018, 11:56 PM   #14
Rookie

Roach Completes Win with 2nd Goal In OT, Alpines Win

November , 2023
Petr De Luna

Roach tips home Lahtinen shot in the 2nd period for first goal of game

With his second goal of the game, Carter Roach scored in the OT period on the powerplay to send the Alpine faithful home happy with a win. The game was very back and forth, with the Alpines peppering shots on the 'Canes all game, as Carolina goalie Nedeljovic turned aside 29 shots on the day. Carolina had a chance to win in regulation and OT with two horrible penalties by Christopher Stephenson in the last 5 minutes, the second coming just moments after exiting the box. However, the Hurricanes Slavin committed a tripping penalty with just 2:49 left in OT that put Roach and company in the drivers seat to end the game.

Lost during the shuffle was defenseman's Alex Alexeyev's first career goal, which had originally given the Alpines a 3-2 lead in the third. Speaking through a translator, Alexeyev said that after he scored his goal, he was "shocked to see everyone on the bench had disappeared. Finally they came from hiding under the boards". He also said he planned on sending the puck back to Russia to his family.

Scoring Summary:
1st:
00:47 - Rask [6] (unassisted)

2nd:
00:14 - Jones [2] (Girgensens)
2:17 - Roach [5] (Lahtinen, Krebs)
19:17 - Aho [3] (Teravainen, Danault)

3rd:
6:59 - Alexeyev [1] (Girgensens, Kaut)
12:57 - Foudy [2] (unsassisted)

OT:
3:50 - Roach [6] (Bancroft, Krebs)

Stars of the game:
* Roach (2g)
** Jones (1g)
*** Girgensens (2a)
Old 09-27-2018, 02:49 AM   #15
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

Cool story awesome unis. Stay with it. I always do the same thing. 20 to 30 games in. I say I ruined the team start over. This year nope. Staying with it. The Hartford Whalers will rise again. Either as Hartford or Seattle. Waiting til the final rosters are out. LoL.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 10:52 AM   #16
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Man, those unis are outstanding! I never find that I am happy when I put mine together, which makes me wish there was a share feature in NHL for people that actually have the talent to put a good product out.

I'll be following along!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »