Home

Always One Goal | A Tazer19 Chicago Blackhawks Dynasty

This is a discussion on Always One Goal | A Tazer19 Chicago Blackhawks Dynasty within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

OVR: 17
Always One Goal | A Tazer19 Chicago Blackhawks Dynasty

Prepare....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 10:08 PM   #2
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Re: Always One Goal | A Tazer19 Chicago Blackhawks Dynasty

Hawks-Blog-2020

Definition of failure
1a: omission of occurrence or performance
specifically: a failing to perform a duty or expected action

Read that last part again, "a failing to perform a duty or expected action." It might as well be plastered on the marquee of the United Center which hasn't seen playoff hockey in two seasons. That's two too many.

After the Hawks finished the 2016-2017 season with the best record in the Western Conference you wouldn't be blamed if you thought that the dynasty of the previous ten years was to continue for years to come. The harsh reality was that it was already gone, and how quickly it went. A first round exit at the hands of the 8 seed Predators (a sweep no less) sent this organ-I-zation into a lost season in 2017-2018, only to see flashes of hope in the recently concluded 2018-2019 season, so where do things stand now?

After missing out on the playoffs by 8 points, Stan Bowman went to work in the off-season to give rookie head coach Jeremy Colliton some additional fire power with the hopes that a return to glory was in the not too distant future. It better be, because the jobs of Colliton and especially Stan Bowman are on the line as the 2019-2020 season opens. Can the Hawks return to glory? Or are they destined to fall back into the dark years where residents of Chicago had to pay to watch home games (this really happened, I lived through it). While I don't think it is as dire as that, it is an important season for this organ-I-zation, follow along as it unfolds in front of your eyes...

Welcome to "Always One Goal" a Chicago Blackhawks Dynasty presented by Tazer19.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

If you have followed my dynasties in the past, you know it gets pretty crazy. This will be a bit slower only because of busy work schedules, but I strive to provide the same type of content that I have in the past. Lots of storylines, lots of graphics, lots of winning(?)... stay tuned.

Here's a breakdown of the key figures within the organ-I-zation...

Colliton
Job Security: Colliton enters the season with the full backing of General Manager Stan Bowman and President John McDonough. The Hawks' brass was happy with the way the Hawks finished the season last year, and expect a step forward from this team and their coach. Colliton isn't entering the season as off limits but he's got a solid footing as the bench boss.

ASSISTANT COACHES:
- Sheldon Brookbank
- Tomas Mitell
- Marc Crawford

Bowman
Job Security: It comes down to Jeremy Colliton's performance, Stan was the leading force in removing Coach Q and throwing Colliton into the fire at a very young age with very limited experience. On the heels of consecutive seasons without seeing the playoffs in Chicago the vultures are circling. This is very much a make or break season for the big boss, Stan is on the hot seat.

Last edited by Tazer19; 11-08-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:25 PM   #4
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

TEENS BREAK CAMP WITH HAWKS

I wouldn't call it a surprise, but two teenagers are headed to Prague with the Hawks to open the 2019-2020 season against the Philadelphia Flyers. Kirby Dach (76 OVR Center) who was just drafted 3rd overall by the Hawks this past off-season, and Adam Boqvist (77 OVR Defenseman) who was drafted 8th overall in 2018 will be in the lineup to open the season. "Both guys have earned a chance to be on this club, and we feel that they make us a more dynamic team," GM Stan Bowman said prior to taking off for the Czech Republic, "this isn't a one and done either, I wouldn't be surprised to see them here the whole year."

2019-2020-lines
Old 11-10-2019, 12:09 AM   #5
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Global-Series-2019

Hawks-Flyers-Box-1
Hawks-Flyers-Box-2

Yikes... I think that is the best way to describe this one. Wild swings back and forth as the Hawks and Flyers put on an offensive show for the good people of Prague. Falling behind 3-1 the Hawks rattled off four unanswered goals to take a 5-3 lead in the third period only to see the Flyers answer with three straight of their own for the second time in the game.

Robin Lehner drew the start in this one and just wasn't very good, not much help from the defense in front of him, but he could've been better. There were a few bright spots in this one, Adam Boqvist tallied his first NHL shift in his first NHL shift on his first NHL shot... exactly like Hawks' captain Jonathan Toews did 10 years ago.

The fourth line for the Hawks was also super effective, Carpenter, Caggiula, and Smith all had points and finished +2 across the board. Now a long break to travel back to the States and a huge seven game home stand, Corey Crawford will get the start in the home opener.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2019, 05:45 PM   #6
Rookie

rybrady732's Arena

OVR: 0

Heart breaking way to begin the season! Especially hate to see Philly win anything haha even in the virtual world!
Old 11-15-2019, 07:43 PM   #7
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybrady732
Heart breaking way to begin the season! Especially hate to see Philly win anything haha even in the virtual world!
Not the best start for a team that is trying to dig themselves out from under the defensive disaster that was 2018-2019.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:32 PM   #8
MVP

Tazer19's Arena

Brilliant? Or Crazy?

Crow-and-Lehner

Stan Bowman added Calvin de Haan to the blue-line in the off-season in an effort to improve the team defense, but that wasn't the biggest move back there. With Corey Crawford firmly entrenched as the #1 goalie, the Hawks signed a Vezina Trophy finalist, Robin Lehner... wait, what? That's right, the Hawks now have two true #1 netminders on their roster, and they are taking up just about $11 million dollars of cap space. Couldn't that money have been used elsewhere to make the team in front of the goalie better? Well, in theory that makes plenty of sense, BUT the health of Corey Crawford has been a major concern for this organ-I-zation. If the Hawks had a competent backup last season they probably make the playoffs, instead, with Crawford down, the team struggled to keep pucks out of the net. Much of that was the aforementioned horrific defense, but some of that was the fact that AHL level goalies were patrolling an NHL crease.

Now the Hawks have what could be the best duo in the NHL, which is still behind a suspect defense. So, how will this work? Will this strategy be brilliant, or crazy? Time will tell, but for the time being it looks like the Hawks plan to break up the playing time 50/50, or if one goaltender gets hot, they will ride the hot hand. Add this to the growing list of important decisions facing a rookie head coach, it might be too much, but make no mistake, how Jeremy Colliton handles this situation will go a long way towards the teams' success, and Colliton's future as the Hawks' bench boss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »