Home

Lucha Underground

This is a discussion on Lucha Underground within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #9
MVP

FaM0us Skins's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Lucha Underground

Last week's episode was another great one. Not a dull moment. The opening match was a awesome way to start the show. Jack Evans impressed me during his debut match. I've never seen him wrestle, only his insane move list videos on Youtube. So this was interesting, the finish was perfect and his sell for the pile driver was good too. My favorite match during the show was the 6 way Aztec Medallion match. Johnny Mundo's heel turn was surprising.

Last edited by FaM0us Skins; 05-20-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:36 PM   #10
MVP

FaM0us Skins's Arena

OVR: 10

Old 06-28-2015, 07:23 PM   #11
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I've heard/read good things about Lucha Undergound so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm watching Episode One right now. I'm impressed so far. The opening, with the history of lucha and the clip of Dario Cueto at TripleMania, sets up the general story/theme of the promotion nicely. Cueto's opening promo, about honoring Lucha's traditions of "courage, honor and violence" in addition to the $100,000 prize (to whoever impresses Cueto the most in this episode) further provides a groundwork for the general story of the promotion.

I remember watching Chavo in my earlier years of being a WWE Fan (2008-present.) I know he was in TNA for a bit. He looked pretty good in this match, and I was surprised at how short the match was. Blue Dragon Jr. reminds me of a (very) poor man's present day Undertaker.

I liked John Morrison (now Johnny Mundo) in WWE. I always thought it was a shame that he never got better on the mic. Now, Cueto treats him like the biggest signing possible, which suggests that Mundo will be a main player in Lucha Underground.

I like the set-up so far; video, promo with Cueto, match, promo with Cueto about "making an example of Mundo because he doesn't respect The Temple and only wants the money." The set-up is easy to follow and also well done.

I like Matt Striker on commentary, he does a good job. Vampiro is a good color commentator, and I like how he contributes to Striker's commentary.

The commentary, and the video with Konnan, efficiently builds up Prince Puma. The same is true for Sexy Star.

I'm not sure how I feel about mixed wrestling. I haven't seen it before, other than WWE's mixed tag matches, which only allow same-gender wrestling. Regardless, Lucha Underground/Sexy Star and Son of Havoc told a good story in the match between the two, as Son of Havoc appears to be a sexist that looks down on women and Sexy Star is a woman fighting for all woman. I was a little surprised that Son of Havoc won, but I'll see if the story continues.

The segment with Cueto/Chavo was very intriguing, with Cueto manipulating Chavo, saying Chavo failed the Guerreo family.

(I'll edit later after I finish the episode. Overall, I like it a lot so far.)

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #12

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

For those who haven't watched Ultima Lucha, I highly suggest to watch both especially part 2. The Cero Miedo match was awesome, the ending was even better. Pentagon Jr has hands down become my favorite wrestling character.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:05 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Just heard about this. It looks like only a few select episodes are on demand for season 1 though. Anyone know where I can watch the whole first season?
Old 01-28-2016, 03:28 AM   #14
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Season 2 started tonight. Really enjoyed the first episode. Man I'm in love with Ivelisse.

Here's their recap of season 1 for those who haven't seen it.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:12 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Season 2 started tonight. Really enjoyed the first episode. Man I'm in love with Ivelisse.

Here's their recap of season 1 for those who haven't seen it.

Wow that was a great hour of wrestling! Also I 100% agree with you about Ivelisse she is gorgeous and good in the ring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 12:01 AM   #16

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Ivelisse is a boss.

Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »