Home

To all those in an online league: Interception Discussion

This is a discussion on To all those in an online league: Interception Discussion within the Madden NFL Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2014, 09:34 AM   #9
Rookie

johnnywadd_xbgl's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: To all those in an online league: Interception Discussion

In my league we have interceptions turned down to 15, and ball hawking off. That seems to have a realistic amount of interceptions. I mean if a user is bad, he will still throw interceptions. But it balances out due to the overpowering zone coverage this year.

catch out my channel for online franchise video highlights
Old 11-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #10
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

OVR: 11

SFDL just finished season 1. Here is a link to passing stats... Ints high across the board

http://www.daddyleagues.com/sfdl/stats/player/passing

We use Armor and Swords AP sliders as a base and tweaked it. Our Pass D Reaction is 50, and Int is 25.

I just dont know how to fix it though. Hell I used the Seahawks and my Int #s were down (19 total), and there were a ton of games a Human player just threw the ball right into my coverage and they would drop easy Ints and pick 6s. Momentum and the "maddened" games play such a huge factor its hard to quantify. Just in my division, the Cards had 41 Ints.....

I think the biggest problem is the fact WRs will not fight for the ball (regardless of what EA says in that they spent time fixing that). It just doesnt happen. You have to throw to open WRs on short or intermediate routes, or you risk getting picked.

Deep Posts/Go routes are a joke, in that even when a WR beats the DB off the line and has 3-4 steps on him, the DB will get the good ole super speed boost to the ball 7 times out of 10, and make a superman play on it. Then its about 50/50 if its picked or not.

We are going to try some Heisman sliders season 2, because it supposedly helps with WRs not fighting for balls.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:13 AM   #11
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

What do you have INT's set at?

We tested at 0 in one game and guys still intercepted passes. Will likely do testing

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #12
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

25. We are going to to some heavy testing on Heisman, will keep updated. Id like to try the 0 or 5 low #s but even at 25 you still have alot of games where you are playing a user that throws stupid passes right into double and triple coverage, and the DBs just drop em 8-10 times a game.

The zone is just ridiculous this year. Cover 3 drop 7, and you can have almost perfect pass D and still inexplicably stop the run cold.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #13
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

The issues I see:
- WR's don't fight for ball on deep throws
- DB's jump too many routes
- Speed is thrown out the window for DB's in ZCV - they will get there and INT it
- DB's react when you hit the button. Complete CPU cheddar

I don't think the INT slider works on the canimated INT attempts.

I might be in the minority but I'd rather have a ton of dropped INT's than the alternative

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 11-04-2014, 09:59 AM   #14
Pro

gameface1324's Arena

agree on all bulletin points. The DBs/Lbs reacting on button press is the most frustrating. You can win the playalling chess match and it doesn't matter because of this. Throw a TE 10 yard out all game long, then bust a In rotue late in the game, the D has the TE shaded out, the LB still jumps the in route before the ball has left the QBs hand or the TE has actually made a lateral move yet.

The gameplay is close to perfect this year, its honestly the best its ever been. But the Zone pass coverage on D is a glaring issue, just as underneath man coverage is.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:45 AM   #15
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Same old issues. WRs are for lack of a better term stupid. Instead of running across the face of defenders like you are taught in middle school, they run behind them "married to their route". When the ball is in the air, they lack aggression. Off ball DBs knowing the second you press the button is another nuisance especially when they have their back to the play is "Psychic DBs".

They have said they will address WRs in Madden 16, but we shall see.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #16
Rookie

johnnywadd_xbgl's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Same old issues. WRs are for lack of a better term stupid. Instead of running across the face of defenders like you are taught in middle school, they run behind them "married to their route". When the ball is in the air, they lack aggression. Off ball DBs knowing the second you press the button is another nuisance especially when they have their back to the play is "Psychic DBs".

They have said they will address WRs in Madden 16, but we shall see.
^^^ THIS!!! Very well put. This is my biggest problem with Madden. I wish i could toss up a bomb to Calvin Johnson with one-on-one coverage, but he wont turn around and fight for the ball, and the CB usually just does a 180 and intercepts it, or swats it down.

catch out my channel for online franchise video highlights

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online »