Home

Reasoning Behind "No Switch Rules"

This is a discussion on Reasoning Behind "No Switch Rules" within the Madden NFL Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 09:58 AM   #41
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Reasoning Behind "No Switch Rules"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
This would be so much better if you ended it here as I found the remainder to be unnecessary and inflammatory.
Probably, but so are the statements claiming that just because you "switch" means that you are going to zig zag a WR, rocket catch, and have no idea how to play a sim style of game. I guess over the top statements are going both ways. No one is going to change anyone's mind on the matter. Useless argument both ways at this point.

Last edited by SuperBowlNachos; 08-05-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2016, 10:20 AM   #42
Rookie

El Generico's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungodfather
That's too technical probably for most sim players. That's putting too many rules into natural reactions, then piling on too much thinking anytime you switch. I can't cut to go here, can't cut to go there and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not really. It's basically, switch to make the play, or don't switch at all (when it comes to passes).

Manualing a LB or Safety is different. A person should conform to the play. If you want to run man with the guy you're using, call a man defense, and vice versa.

It's all about sim play.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Well said man and I share that frustration.

People who use no switch are stating: "Yes, we like to have user input factor into the game but just not to the same extent as switch leagues" and it's being twisted into us not wanting to have any impact on the outcome of the game other than calling plays and managing the roster.

To me no switch leagues become more about strategy than switch leagues. Switch leagues that allow people to user the middle of the field with one player aren't as much about strategy as the no switch leagues. With No Switch leagues you know youre going to have a hole in your defense somewhere, calling the right plays and making the right adjustments to your Defense is the Key. Personally I never ran a stock play on defense, I would hot route different players to different coverages to try and take away what I thought my opponent was going to run. I like the no switch leagues myself, but I run a Switch league.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #44
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
I've played in about 400+ sim league games over the years. I know what sim football is, thank you.

You are at the very least allowed to control the running back, right?
Come on man. You're trolling now. Are you serious? Learn and understand others can enjoy the game differently than you, please.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:31 AM   #45
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm for the rule. It really isn't as big a deal as many make it out to be. It just allows for ratings to matter more, and makes team building more important than stick skills.

If you're good at Madden you'll find a way to adapt and win regardless.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:44 AM   #46
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
I've played in about 400+ sim league games over the years. I know what sim football is, thank you.

You are at the very least allowed to control the running back, right?
You control the QB, you control the RB on running plays, you take control of the WR after the catch. You need good stick skills and the ability to juke, pass and run after the catch if you want to win.

On defense you control one defender while the ball is in the air and switch after the catch.

Pretty simple. No switch is my preferred way to play online in leagues. It really makes play calling and team building more of a focus. But it is not the end all. You still need to be able to have good stick skills to take advantage of your players ratings who are toting the rock.

I play a true "strict no switch" in my offline CFM where I never switch my defender even on running plays and after a pass is caught. I let my CPU teammates make the tackles if my chosen defender is out of the play. I stay in pursuit and I also play exclusively from the defensive camera. It is an awesome experience, and highly rewarding for me personally when I can user pick, user tackle, user sack without switching. Also staying in the play and pursuit sideline to sideline...it's a lot of fun for me to play the CPU this way.

Otherwise I would destroy the CPU every game. The AI is too weak to overcome switching by a human player. Just way too weak for me. I know people say well crank your sliders this way or that way, play on All-Madden.

No.....I play the game the way I want to. I love All-Pro and the settings I use because the games animations look more organic (I play on slow speed) and the player ratings are not boosted. All-Pro is the default tuning for Madden and I have always felt it plays great.....but the reality is I created my own house rules in how to play the CPU to really give myself a very strong simulation like feel. It's all user preference.

Sim leagues are the same thing. If no-switch is not for you then play in a traditional switch league simple as that.

Every year we get threads like this and every year it turns into a condescending tone of "you only play in no switch because your skill level is lower"

Give me a break.

The moment I read the OP I knew it was more about "no switch league players" coming in here and having to justifying why they like it and then switch/tourney style players bashing it. Who give a rats ***?

No justification needed. Play the game the way you want, and find a league that matches your play style. The sword fighting about the topic is really lame.

Reasons for "no switch" leagues were given a long while back in the thread. What is to discuss? The merits of it? Merits of playing a console game a certain way?

You would think we we talking about important government policy issues with some of the back and forth going on in here.....LOL!!!!

Anyway I can't wait for Madden 17.....it is looking like it will be the best one yet.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #47
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

It's clear that a reasonable discussion will not be had. Thread closed.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online »