Home

Asked why the PC version isn’t keeping pace with the console releases,EA replied

This is a discussion on Asked why the PC version isn’t keeping pace with the console releases,EA replied within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2022, 11:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Asked why the PC version isn’t keeping pace with the console releases,EA replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritblitzer
And yet, I still had to purchase an Xbox Series S to play a new Madden.
I suspect the decision is willful to assist Sony and MS in moving more newer consoles. Or at the very least, not risk upsetting them by releasing NG on PC which (in Sony's and MS's minds) might mean a few less consoles sold.

My tin-foil hat theory anyway.
Old 08-25-2022, 05:03 AM   #10
Rookie

Ragnar84's Arena

Re: Asked why the PC version isn’t keeping pace with the console releases,EA replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee
I suspect the decision is willful to assist Sony and MS in moving more newer consoles. Or at the very least, not risk upsetting them by releasing NG on PC which (in Sony's and MS's minds) might mean a few less consoles sold.

My tin-foil hat theory anyway.
I think your theory is more accurate than not. Since there wasn't a PC version when the PS4 and Xbox one came out there isn't anything to compare to. There are plenty of other games where the version is the same on PC and console so IMO it has to be a choice not to have the same game. I play Farm sim 22 and its the same game on console as it is on PC except that some mods don't work on console. But overall, it's the same game. Sports games seem to have a different approach where they don't value the PC community and give the excuse about PC's not able to handle their games.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:23 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

What a crock of BS. They're only concern is consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2023, 04:53 PM   #12
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Apparently there is a beta sign up for PC for Madden 24, which is encouraging.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/apptrig...osed-beta/amp/
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 04-29-2023, 10:36 AM   #13
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Apparently there is a beta sign up for PC for Madden 24, which is encouraging.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/apptrig...osed-beta/amp/
That doesn't really mean anything. It could easily just be for the same last gen base game, but new features, no?
Old 05-02-2023, 07:25 PM   #14
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritblitzer
That doesn't really mean anything. It could easily just be for the same last gen base game, but new features, no?
God I hope not. But apparently FIFA got the next gen treatment last year, so perhaps...or perhaps...
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2023, 09:55 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I've read that this year Madden PC will get the next-gen treatment so if anyone can confirm that it would be great.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2023, 06:10 AM   #16
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I've read that this year Madden PC will get the next-gen treatment so if anyone can confirm that it would be great.
I've seen this as well but I don't recall where I read it. It could've been here or some article. All I know is that FIFA got the next gen treatment so hopefully Madden follows suit. I would love to have a next gen Madden on my Steamdeck.

NBA2k needs to be next gen as well as I want to play NBA Eras on the go.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »