Home

Sound has stopped working?

This is a discussion on Sound has stopped working? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2023, 02:57 PM   #1
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1
Sound has stopped working?

So the last few weeks my game has been chugging along great. No issues for the most part. Now all of a sudden I have lost all sound to Madden 24.

My first check was with other games to make sure it wasn't a sound driver or something else with the PC. All other games and apps are working 100% fine pertaining to the sound.

I verified files through steam. I verified files through EA app. I checked the settings in my control panel as well as in game to make sure sound was directed to the correct places. Whats odd is that I can not seem to find ANY sound options (other than volumes) in Madden 24 settings itself. I've never seen a game that doesn't allow you to select where your sound is coming from/being directed to. It's very odd.

So from there I went to my volume mixer to discover that Madden 24 turned itself down to zero. Was pretty excited thinking that I instantly found the issue, however, after turning it up to 100, it did nothing to fix the issue. I also checked in my PC's main control panel to make sure that the Madden 24 program/app itself has its default sound device set correctly.

Nothing seemed to work so I uninstalled the game and re-installed from scratch. Unfortunately, this didn't work either...

For some reason, I can not get ANY sound what so ever.

Any ideas at all? I tried getting help from EA, they just sent me on a wild goose chase doing 90% of the things I already did then saying I needed to purchase a new computer because it wasn't on the games end. (Basically, EA wasn't any help at all)

EDIT:
New bit of information that I just found out. I unplugged my headset (HyperX) and now the sound works fine, but needs to come through the Tv that the screen is set to. If I plug the headset back in, it doesn't work again - neither on the headset nor the TV regardless of where I have it setup to playback. Again, other games I'm having no issue. What am I missing here?

Certainly I am not going to be plugging and unplugging my headset every time I want to play a singular game? This is maddening to me and makes absolutely zero sense.

Last edited by Gritblitzer; 09-15-2023 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2023, 02:00 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Sound has stopped working?

I can't help, but I have had a couple instances where the sound didn't come through. I'm using the Xbox Wireless headset, but basically restarting the game fixed the issue for me.

I will agree that there is some issue.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-18-2023, 07:31 PM   #3
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Sound has stopped working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I can't help, but I have had a couple instances where the sound didn't come through. I'm using the Xbox Wireless headset, but basically restarting the game fixed the issue for me.

I will agree that there is some issue.
I've basically not played it all week because frankly, I dont want to have to get behind my pc and unplug my Mic everytime i want to play Madden. So I've just been pkaying something else.

Ive tried everything, literally everything. I reinstalled the game 3 times, last one was a fresh install no kept file extensions.

Just dumb. I was having a good time woth the game but of course, some dumb issue that EA either isnt aware of or doesnt care to fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »