Home

Madden 19 Modding Discussion

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Modding Discussion within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 07:53 PM   #41
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
re: Madden 19 Modding Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbyt
Anything to do with presentation would be great. Different Presentation packages based on the day you play, time slot, holiday game, etc.

Hopefully someone is smart enough to mod in more stats that are displayed throughout the game, like Win/Loss record for starting QBs

Maybe the ability to track PLAYOFF STATS over your career
These are not very likely. Different presentation packages are almost certainly possible, but they wouldn't be dynamic. You would have to manually swap them before loading the game. Unless EA has the files and code in place to dynamically switch (which we already know they don't, since they only have one presentation package), then it won't happen.

Same with the stats; unless EA is already tracking those stats in-game and just not displaying them, it would be next to impossible to mod something like that into the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 08:10 PM   #42
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
These are not very likely. Different presentation packages are almost certainly possible, but they wouldn't be dynamic. You would have to manually swap them before loading the game. Unless EA has the files and code in place to dynamically switch (which we already know they don't, since they only have one presentation package), then it won't happen.

Same with the stats; unless EA is already tracking those stats in-game and just not displaying them, it would be next to impossible to mod something like that into the game.
If we could get a mod manager that could swap scorebugs out and overlays by simply enabling the mod, you could easily have it played during certain time frames manually.

As far as automatic, as he said.. won’t happen.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:31 PM   #43
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
If we could get a mod manager that could swap scorebugs out and overlays by simply enabling the mod, you could easily have it played during certain time frames manually.

As far as automatic, as he said.. won’t happen.
There is Frosty Mod manager and you use it to load any mods you use with frosty editor and it does precisely what is wanted. You could load different mods every time you load the game and you can save different load outs.

I'm guessing thats how it will all go down.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:37 AM   #44
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

To all those guys out there lined up waiting to put in that mod work to make a better experience:
Attached Images
File Type: gif giphy.gif.cf.gif (1.35 MB, 354 views)
Old 06-15-2018, 08:58 AM   #45
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

1.Custom Camera Angles
2.Old School teams
3. Player/Field Art
4.Presentation Elements
5.Lighting
6.Weather Effects

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #46
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I can't pinpoint any specific Mods I'm anticipating because I'm keeping an open mind and optimistic about the range of possibilities. My interest in the modding community for Madden PC going forward is two fold, one that they're able to take what's currently available and MacGuyver that stuff into things that make the overall game appealing to me, secondly and probably far more lofty, the things they accomplish become a defacto direct competition or factor to drive similar improvement in the factory game year over year.

I've never played it but have seen good things about Madden 2008 PC, so hopefully with today's tech and innovative community problem solving, we see some good stuff.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #47
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I can't pinpoint any specific Mods I'm anticipating because I'm keeping an open mind and optimistic about the range of possibilities. My interest in the modding community for Madden PC going forward is two fold, one that they're able to take what's currently available and MacGuyver that stuff into things that make the overall game appealing to me, secondly and probably far more lofty, the things they accomplish become a defacto direct competition or factor to drive similar improvement in the factory game year over year.

I've never played it but have seen good things about Madden 2008 PC, so hopefully with today's tech and innovative community problem solving, we see some good stuff.
It will definitely satisfy a large portion of the fanbase.

Classic rosters alone will be a huge addition to the community. EA didn't care about those, with the lawsuits they got hit with, I don't blame them! The community will fill that void, no doubt. And its not unreasonable to think we can carry the rosters forward every year, rather than having to redo them over and over as has been the case.

As you said, I'm content with this as the first step. It will be interesting to see what we're up against, and what can be built going forward.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:27 AM   #48
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
An NCAA mod would be great, however while the devs have said they won't "police mods", I'm pretty sure they will when it comes to NCAA mods. My guess is EA, doesn't want to cross any lines with that one.

If you hack a game and mod it ea isn’t liable for anything. It’s like buying a Hanes t shirt at Walmart and drawing a Nike swoosh with a marker, then blaming Hanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »