Home

Madden 19 Modding Discussion

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Modding Discussion within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2018, 07:08 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
re: Madden 19 Modding Discussion

Possibly really difficult (maybe impossible?) but I would love a hidden ratings mod or a ratings range mod. Imagine playing CFM and not knowing the exact ratings of each player. You could then use practice mode to simulate training camp. Run some plays/drills and base your depth chart, roster decisions, and contract negotiations on performance that you see/evaluate on the field rather than simply looking at ratings.

Currently if a player is not performing well you can look at the ratings and know full well that replacing that player with a lesser player will not actually help you. It was coincidence, there is no real variability. Statistically, a player with 85 catching is gunna catch more passes than a player with 75 catching (if all else is equal). Any experiences otherwise are coincidental, it’s just a dice-roll. So while you might think giving the backup with 75 catching a shot because the starter with 85 just dropped a few passes is gunna turn things around, you know in the back of your head that simply isn’t true. Might be fun to do from an emotional/story standpoint, but you’re lying to yourself when it comes to the actual outcome/numbers.

But if you don’t know the exact ratings, there is now all sorts of potential variability. Maybe that player is performing poorly because you mis-judged his abilities in practice/training camp and replacing him might actually have a genuine impact.

Players in the real NFL play above or below their Madden ratings every week, but their Madden characters don’t - unless their “ratings” are just a guess inside your head. Then they could play above or below them at any time and you won’t know for sure if youre accurate in your evaluation and it’s the dice-roll causing the variability or of your inaccurate in your evaluation and you have to re-evaluate. Adds infinite re-playability and realism in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 08:34 AM   #26
Rookie

Anything to do with presentation would be great. Different Presentation packages based on the day you play, time slot, holiday game, etc.

Hopefully someone is smart enough to mod in more stats that are displayed throughout the game, like Win/Loss record for starting QBs

Maybe the ability to track PLAYOFF STATS over your career
Old 06-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #27
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Is there any guarantee that it can be modded at all, or is it just a thing of what can and can't be modded?
Old 06-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #28
Rookie

Stop dry snitching!! The more you talk about modding, the more they may either try to make it harder or stop making the pc edition. Just walk away quietly and then BOOM!!
Old 06-14-2018, 10:02 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13

Other than a nice robust team/player editor, I am not really needing any mods (not really interested enough or tech-savvy enough for graphics mods). Just the fact that Madden is coming back to PC is exciting enough for me all on its own! And Madden just went from an "unlikely to buy" to an "immediate buy."
Old 06-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #30
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Is there any guarantee that it can be modded at all, or is it just a thing of what can and can't be modded?
They’re not supporting modding this year but like any PC game, you can always create mods. Someone can and will figure out how.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #31
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

An NCAA mod would be great, however while the devs have said they won't "police mods", I'm pretty sure they will when it comes to NCAA mods. My guess is EA, doesn't want to cross any lines with that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2018, 11:46 AM   #32
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
An NCAA mod would be great, however while the devs have said they won't "police mods", I'm pretty sure they will when it comes to NCAA mods. My guess is EA, doesn't want to cross any lines with that one.
I doubt they do, actually. The game has editable draft classes this year. So we are essentially getting back to the same issues that faced the NCAA series in using real player's likenesses and sharing them. The main difference that keeps them from probably getting sued is that the draft classes the game ships with are random and shouldn't resemble anyone real.

That being said, there are plenty of NCAA mods for other sports games and while the NCAA might catch wind and send a letter to someone, there isn't much they can do to EA or Madden in these instances.

If you want to look at it from another angle, perhaps if there is an NCAA mod that garners enough attention EA would see this and realize that they must overcome any remaining obstacles and release a new NCAA Football game. They know people want that game back, but having specific data to back up that info might be enough to push the bigwigs back on board and get this all figured out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »