Home

HDR colors are dark and desaturated on TV

This is a discussion on HDR colors are dark and desaturated on TV within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #17
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: HDR colors are dark and desaturated on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I have the Samsung KS8500 and I use game mode. I have not used Madden 19 PC on that TV yet but I can tell you a while back when I hooked up my PC to that TV and set the input to PC mode that it looked just as you say.

I think it's just that the "PC mode" on Samsung Tvs is doing something odd to the picture and it's that way on everything.

My advice is just to never use PC mode lol
I found that it tried to switch back to PC sometimes. It must be detecting something from the computer that makes it want to automatically change to PC. When in PC mode a lot of features of the TV are unavailable also so it limits tweaking as well.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:19 PM   #18
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: HDR colors are dark and desaturated on TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I have the Samsung KS8500 and I use game mode. I have not used Madden 19 PC on that TV yet but I can tell you a while back when I hooked up my PC to that TV and set the input to PC mode that it looked just as you say.

I think it's just that the "PC mode" on Samsung Tvs is doing something odd to the picture and it's that way on everything.

My advice is just to never use PC mode lol
I have the ks8000 and pc mode looked different until I realized the settings didn’t match my other inputs. Once I put the same settings in my tv as I did the other inputs they looked the same on Pc mode. Before I realized that I also was switching to “game console” but like the OP said it would auto change some times which was annoying.

If the picture settings of your tv is the same between pc and your other inputs but the picture is still different(especially if the pc mode is a dark picture) turn off the ECO setting on your Samsung. Mine would auto dim in pc mode and even sometimes constantly cycling bright dark bright dark until I read on the internet to turn that eco setting off.

I can now leave my tv on pc mode and get the same picture.

Last edited by CujoMatty; 08-20-2018 at 04:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »