Home

Origin Premier, Updates, and CFM

This is a discussion on Origin Premier, Updates, and CFM within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Origin Premier, Updates, and CFM

I am one who purchased Origin Premier only to get M19 early.
A couple weeks later, I decided to just purchase the game itself, as I don’t know if i plan on keeping Premier.

When i launch Madden it also launches premier, which got me thinking. Does the Ea team continuously update the game via the premier service? And under the assumption that they do, is it right to assume, like an online franchise, we receive updata on a quicker more timely fashion?

My question is, and maybe there is no answer, but since premier is running the game, would it any longer matter if you chose to run an online cdm vs. offline at this point?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Origin Premier, Updates, and CFM

on Console the main reasons to run Online vs Offline came down faster simming Online as it uses a cloud server environment you get much more processing power when simming Online CFM. This is still true in the PC game as well. I have a Intel Core i9-7900X overclocked and the Online still simms faster than offline.

The other reason was that the Online CFM used to get some fixes before offline because EA was able to push stuff to their online CFM faster as they owned that system and didn't have to go through Microsoft XBox QA and release process first like game patches. So this always left the offline Franchise guys behind in some updates to CFM. Also in some cases they didn't even do every fix they did for Online CFM for the Offline one.

I do still prefer offline though simply because if you make any mistakes you can just reload a save. Online you are stuck with them unless you go and stand taking over other teams and reversing a stupid trade mistake like selecting your number 1 pick in the trade instead of a 5th pick or something stupid because you been playing for hours.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #3
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I am one who purchased Origin Premier only to get M19 early.
A couple weeks later, I decided to just purchase the game itself, as I don’t know if i plan on keeping Premier.

When i launch Madden it also launches premier, which got me thinking. Does the Ea team continuously update the game via the premier service? And under the assumption that they do, is it right to assume, like an online franchise, we receive updata on a quicker more timely fashion?

My question is, and maybe there is no answer, but since premier is running the game, would it any longer matter if you chose to run an online cdm vs. offline at this point?
I believe you are confusing premier and origin. Premier is the subscription that allows you to get all of EAs library.

Origin is the DRM software that must be run when running an EA game on computer that helps prevent piracy. Most games now a day's run some sort of DRM some have multiple.

This might help but not sure what the allure is worth according the origin launcher

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...n/td-p/4233558

Last edited by drewst18; 09-01-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Isnt the service called Ea Origin Premier?

Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:24 PM   #5
Pro

drewst18's Arena

OVR: 5

That is the yearly/ monthly subscription service yes.

But you still need to run the origin app.

They are two different things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 09:57 PM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
That is the yearly/ monthly subscription service yes.

But you still need to run the origin app.

They are two different things.
Which is my question exactly. Is it updated through ea continuously? Thus, if one chooses to play cfm off line, are the updates pushed through?

In a cloud cfm they are, and since the app is online, is it safe to assume you are getting the updates even in a non cloud cfm?

Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:57 AM   #7
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

yes, it updates the same as the console versions
Old 09-07-2018, 01:42 AM   #8
Rookie

Skyhook71's Arena

OVR: 0

Is anyone having issues running the game after the Origin update? I was on and closed out the game. Go back on a few minutes later and I'm prompt with a Origin update. Now when I go to launch the game, it seems like it wants to load then the Origin screen pops up and nothing happens.

Xbox1: SkyHook71
PS4: SkyHook71
PC: Challenger_1980

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »