Home

Worth the buy?

This is a discussion on Worth the buy? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2018, 03:50 PM   #1
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

OVR: 0
Worth the buy?

Hey guys I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I keep getting to the point where I have madden in my cart and ready to checkout and then I leave it. Is this game worth the buy this year? I had last years and it was ok, but Id imagine this years will be better on the pc with (hopefully) mods coming?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 04:15 PM   #2
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Re: Worth the buy?

The mods will make it a better experience.. and we're already farther along on them than anyone could have anticipated... but I'd say buy it only if you can't live without a football game.

Its simply not a must have product as it was 15 years ago. IMO, anyway.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:28 PM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmilkman24
Hey guys I'm sorry if this has been asked, but I keep getting to the point where I have madden in my cart and ready to checkout and then I leave it. Is this game worth the buy this year? I had last years and it was ok, but Id imagine this years will be better on the pc with (hopefully) mods coming?
What are your computer specs? There is a point that if you aren't super into the mods and your PC is average to below average that the console versions (PS4 Pro and Xbox One X) can run better. I have a very high end PC and it runs great but even so I played the 10 hour trial on the Xbox One X and it is very close.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
What are your computer specs? There is a point that if you aren't super into the mods and your PC is average to below average that the console versions (PS4 Pro and Xbox One X) can run better. I have a very high end PC and it runs great but even so I played the 10 hour trial on the Xbox One X and it is very close.
Im running a 1080 ti with 16gb of ram with an i7 8700k. Id imagine my computer is fine. Now will the game show my ps4 controller controls? Or will it be a keyboard/xbox controller controls? Example, will my WR I throw to show up as ps4 buttons or will it be xbox controls?
Old 09-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

If I would have known about the controller issues before buying I would have not bought the game. Im using DS4Windows to get my PS4 controller to work, I don't mind the XBOX Button scheme as I know it, but the mouse keeps on popping up every 2-3 seconds and it messes with me. What I don't know is what receiver is Q, R, Space, W and all...and sometimes it won't get off of that. I cannot press L3 as it brings up a Keyboard. I cant hit back on game screens as the back button in game (B/Square) takes me forward and I have to hit backspace.

Being EA I wouldn't be surprised if the fix doesn't come via a Loot Box you'd have to pay for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 05:41 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATISTHISPOWER
If I would have known about the controller issues before buying I would have not bought the game. Im using DS4Windows to get my PS4 controller to work, I don't mind the XBOX Button scheme as I know it, but the mouse keeps on popping up every 2-3 seconds and it messes with me. What I don't know is what receiver is Q, R, Space, W and all...and sometimes it won't get off of that. I cannot press L3 as it brings up a Keyboard. I cant hit back on game screens as the back button in game (B/Square) takes me forward and I have to hit backspace.

Being EA I wouldn't be surprised if the fix doesn't come via a Loot Box you'd have to pay for.
I run my PS4 controller through steam instead of DS4Windows. ds4 windows is very buggy in my experience.
After you connect your controller with steam, (make sure u check the xbox controller config option in steam) add origin to your game library in Steam. To use the controller you'll open steam, turn on controller, launch origin through steam, then you are free to launch madden through any of your methods (Frosty, origin, steam, desktop)
Old 09-13-2018, 06:21 PM   #7
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Me and my buddy split origin premier for the yearly deal, so we look at it as paying 50 for Madden + all the other stuff on there. And the profits aren't necessarily look at as, we spent money on Madden, but instead the service of Origin premier, which I think is better. just depends on your situation and if it's worth it to you. You aren't missing too much at the moment. Really hyped for mods though.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
Me and my buddy split origin premier for the yearly deal, so we look at it as paying 50 for Madden + all the other stuff on there. And the profits aren't necessarily look at as, we spent money on Madden, but instead the service of Origin premier, which I think is better. just depends on your situation and if it's worth it to you. You aren't missing too much at the moment. Really hyped for mods though.
How did u split the origin premier??

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »