Home

Controller Fix

This is a discussion on Controller Fix within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2018, 10:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Controller Fix

I have seen a few people have had problems with PS4 / PC controllers not operating properly, or the mouse keep popping up in game. I was pretty frustrated with this after picking up the game a few days ago and I think I have found a fix (sorry if this is a known fix or posted elsewhere as I could not find it). This fix does not require you to unplug your controller when booting the game and using the windows key, simply keep it plugged at launch.

1. Open Steam
2. From the Games menu choose to add a non-Steam game.
3. Add Origin
4. Restart Steam
5. Ensure you are completely closed out of Origin.
6. Enable Big Picture Mode in Steam.
7. Launch Origin.
8. Select Madden
9. Enjoy playing the game with a controller without any interruption.

I hope this helps a few people. I was getting tired of the mouse coming up, seeing keyboard buttons for receiver icons, not being able to hit back on the controller and kick meters defaulting to the middle of the screen due to the mouse.

**EDIT**
kquizzy posted this solution in another thread I was complaining about this in and I did not see it until after posting this

Last edited by WHATISTHISPOWER; 09-13-2018 at 10:45 PM. Reason: kquizzy credit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Controller Fix

You don't actually have to be in Big Picture Mode for this to work. I just added Origin as a Steam Game and then created a desktop link to start Origin. Once Origin is running through Steam you can use Frosty to start the game if you have mods. These steps will also work with other EA games like FIFA.
Old 09-11-2020, 08:28 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Controller Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcberg2010
You don't actually have to be in Big Picture Mode for this to work. I just added Origin as a Steam Game and then created a desktop link to start Origin. Once Origin is running through Steam you can use Frosty to start the game if you have mods. These steps will also work with other EA games like FIFA.
I registered on this site cause it couldn't let me post as a guest and I needed to let you know...You are a genius and you've made my day!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »