Home

Madden 19: Crashing on startup with no error

This is a discussion on Madden 19: Crashing on startup with no error within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2018, 07:07 AM   #1
Rookie

Panda's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 19: Crashing on startup with no error

I haven't posted in like 5 years, but I figured this would be a good place to start. Madden 19 worked fine with my very old NVIDIA graphics card, but when I received a Radeon RX 570 for my birthday the game crashes on startup every time.

I have also been getting a lot of errors in League of Legends(if that helps at all), but it still runs most of the time. Assassins Creed Odyssey was crashing on startup as well, but when I replaced my hard drive and updated my graphics drivers it started working again.

I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling the game, clearing caches, updating drivers, and even replacing my hard drive that was going bad (this was going to happen anyways, to be fair).

I am really tired of seeing Antonio brown looking at me and then suddenly desktop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (79.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Panda; 11-17-2018 at 07:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Madden 19: Crashing on startup with no error

Well that sucks
sometimes certain motherboards do not like certain Video Cards even if it is newer , so after reading your story my guess is its the new hardware
you can try a few things though like updating your bios on the motherboard
or rolling back to a older video card driver to see if you can get it play, and since the game just crashes and does not lock up your screen or any weird noises i would guess it was not a rma conflict. maybe also if that does not work install the game again to a different location on your hard drive other than default locations, run game as administrator or go into game folder for game and manually install direct x again ... one last thought if that is the only game that crashes ? or others crash as well ? do not dismiss a trojan on your pc might cause programs to crash

Last edited by badazzleroybrown; 11-17-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Panda's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzleroybrown
Well that sucks
sometimes certain motherboards do not like certain Video Cards even if it is newer , so after reading your story my guess is its the new hardware
you can try a few things though like updating your bios on the motherboard
or rolling back to a older video card driver to see if you can get it play, and since the game just crashes and does not lock up your screen or any weird noises i would guess it was not a rma conflict. maybe also if that does not work install the game again to a different location on your hard drive other than default locations, run game as administrator or go into game folder for game and manually install direct x again ... one last thought if that is the only game that crashes ? or others crash as well ? do not dismiss a trojan on your pc might cause programs to crash
Good news, it is working again! I did a few different things: I took your advice and ran a scan with a different program and it did find "something" that Microsoft's base program wasn't finding, I am unsure if it was a false positive or not but I did quarantine it. I then realized I should uninstall all the previous NVIDIA drivers and programs (since I don't use them anymore). After doing those(not sure which helped the most), I ran the game and it worked! Thanks for the help
Old 11-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
Rookie

Panda's Arena

UPDATE: Oddly enough I can only run it when no browser is open, unsure of why, but if anyone is having similar problems, try to close everything except Origin before running.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:25 AM   #5
Rookie

delete your browser and re install it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 05:41 AM   #6
Rookie

Nime freezes on loading screen n i cant play my franchise? Any help for a fix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181119_172701.jpg (241.7 KB, 65 views)
Old 11-23-2018, 08:24 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCarr4Life
Nime freezes on loading screen n i cant play my franchise? Any help for a fix
if you are running multiple mods try unchecking each one time after time till you find the one that is not working properly that would require you starting the game over from frosty manager over and over till you find the one that does not work. maybe this helps you ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »