Home

The Revival Gameplay Mod - Rebirth of SIM Football

This is a discussion on The Revival Gameplay Mod - Rebirth of SIM Football within the Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: The Revival - Sabo's Madden 19 Mod

Question about the playbooks. Are the default playbooks modded in each mod so each team already has them or do we have to use the old 2 controller trick?

Also do the modded playbooks work on already created CFMs.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Question about the playbooks. Are the default playbooks modded in each mod so each team already has them or do we have to use the old 2 controller trick?

Also do the modded playbooks work on already created CFMs.
Using the DB editor I was able to find the gameplan section of each default offensive playbook and just made them all have 50% odds of being called. Since it was export/import on files in frosty, we dont have to use the old trick that we did with custom playbooks.

Yes, they'll work on already created CFMs

What I want to do long term is lower shot plays, add motion to more running plays and change 4 verts to be option routes like how they are in real life. But thats probably a month or so away from happening.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:57 AM   #11
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Using the DB editor I was able to find the gameplan section of each default offensive playbook and just made them all have 50% odds of being called. Since it was export/import on files in frosty, we dont have to use the old trick that we did with custom playbooks.

Yes, they'll work on already created CFMs

What I want to do long term is lower shot plays, add motion to more running plays and change 4 verts to be option routes like how they are in real life. But thats probably a month or so away from happening.
You are the ****ing man. Cant wait to give this a shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2018, 11:17 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You are the ****ing man. Cant wait to give this a shot.
Its for sure a step in the right direction though. They some times go really pass heavy and others times they don't, but that's why I stress its a work in progress. If I had better EXCEL experience I could probably take the date out of the DB and quickly edit things, but i'll figure it out eventually.

Sidenote that I forgot to mention in original post: This is intentionally difficult to play against.. Takes a couple games to get used to the challenge of it.. It's still AM but without the any side having an advantage over the other so that ratings take highest priority..
Old 12-17-2018, 11:28 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just wanted to say that I am using a hybrid of your work Sabo as well as 1.7 Nectar for CPU vs CPU, combined with my own edits for QB sim rushing stats, injuries, and Fatiguemanager. Feeling pretty close to being able to start a CFM for CPU vs CPU.

I have lowered defender catch chance a bit under ballrules to cut down on interceptions in CPU vs CPU and I also increased sense pressure trait radius from 2.5 to 4 under passing, which leads to a more active QB as the trait engages faster.

For fatiguemanager changes, I was not expecting the fatigue system to be as robust under the hood as it is. It is capable of QUITE A LOT, more than what comes across playing console. For example, getting RB rotations without auto subs previously could only be achieved by formation subs. However there are a MULTITUDE of fatigue action variables. For instance I tried setting fatigue action tackle offense player from 17 to 80 (the amount of stamina depleted for the action). And sure enough the RB would go out after 1 or 2 tackles. I also raised the fatigue action for catching from 0.05 to 30. This, combined with tackling, results in receivers rotating out. Again, without modifying auto subs. There is also multiple recup stamina situational variables such as recup stamina - out of game. I upped this from 1.05 to 2. So when players sub out they replenish faster.

There are many other fatigue actions that I haven't touched including defender actions. It would be possible to achieve a DL rotation by manipulating certain fatigue actions.

Again adjusting fatigue may not appeal to everyone. For me I like it because stamina rating for ball carriers will actually matter now when I'm looking at drafting/signing players!

AWESOME WORK ON THE PLAYBOOKS AT 50% SABO. Not having to do the 2 controller work around is fantastic.

Edit: Just noticed you credited me for the QB rushing stats! Thanks Sabo glad to contribute!

Last edited by bakersville123; 12-17-2018 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Thanks!
Old 12-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #14
Pro

WOW What a friggin discovery!!

I glanced at those but wasnt sure at what approach to take, I'm definitely about to get under the hood now!
Old 12-17-2018, 01:07 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefinedAscent
Could you upload the project file? I'd like to see what was edited specifically so I can compare to my nectar edit.
This. Would love to see the project file.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2018, 01:12 PM   #16
Pro

Its on the discord.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC > Madden NFL Football PC Released Mods »