Home

Ribbon boards on rebuilt stadiums?

This is a discussion on Ribbon boards on rebuilt stadiums? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2019, 01:06 PM   #1
Rookie

LOBBS's Arena

OVR: 0
Ribbon boards on rebuilt stadiums?

Are these locked into only flashing the Madden logo for stadiums rebuilt in CFM? I just started the season after my deluxe futuristic was completed. Started a preseason game only to see the ribbon boards all around the stadium and the screens only flashing the Madden logo. I thought for sure they'd at least be able to carry over the team graphics and/or colors from the original. That's beyond lame if so. Is this something that can be adjusted in Frosty? Sorry, I'm coming from Madden 08 PC where we had control over pretty much all the graphics and this is a huge disappointment if it cannot be tweaked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2019, 03:39 PM   #2
Rookie

LOBBS's Arena

Re: Ribbon boards on rebuilt stadiums?

So doing some research this has been an issue for years now? That is completely unacceptable. It has killed any joy I had about building a new stadium in M19. At the very least, I wouldn't have chosen the futuristic one and had to drive down the field with a gigantic, generic scoreboard flashing away. Somewhere, I'm sure, there is some very simple code pointing to a file or folder containing the animations. The proper animations already exist for the stadium you start with. EA is obviously too lazy to redirect the code to point to them when building the new stadium. They can bring the field and various logos over but can't manage to figure out the biggest hype element that gives the stadium some flavor? It should be a stupid, basic fix.

Last edited by LOBBS; 01-30-2019 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-05-2019, 08:52 PM   #3
Rookie

LOBBS's Arena

TBR is legit the man for finding this after we chatted over on the OS Discord. No more lame generic EA Madden animations.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Oh ****. Can we edit them and create new ones?
Old 02-05-2019, 10:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBBS
TBR is legit the man for finding this after we chatted over on the OS Discord. No more lame generic EA Madden animations.

Were can we find these to edit? Please post paths thank u
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2019, 10:15 PM   #6
Rookie

LOBBS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Oh ****. Can we edit them and create new ones?
We can point them to existing videos at this point so it's useful for teams that rebuild in their same city and teams that relocate but don't "rebrand" to one of the in-game options (San Diego Chargers to LA Chargers, etc.) Still can't create them from scratch. Someday, I'm sure.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:17 PM   #7
Rookie

LOBBS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCarr4Life
This is TBR's find. I just bugged him loudly enough that he took a look at where they ended up being and what needed to be swapped for them to work. If he's cool with it I'll post up instructions or he can.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:57 PM   #8
Rookie

LOBBS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCarr4Life
Do a search in Frosty for Jumbotron. You're looking for the Jumbotron animations within the fmv folder. Within that Jumbotron folder there will be all the teams and also a folder with the generic animations. Then it's just a matter of copying the GUIDs and chunksizes from each animation of your team over each of the generic's. There's a bunch of them for touchdowns, interceptions, etc. The only one that I didn't copy over was the Super Bowl one.Save as a project, make a mod, profit.

Obviously it'll play over any team in your franchise that has moved or built a new stadium as well so you'll only want to use the mod for your home games.

Last edited by LOBBS; 02-06-2019 at 12:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »