Home

NCAA College Football...PC(How It Would Affect Madden)

This is a discussion on NCAA College Football...PC(How It Would Affect Madden) within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2021, 07:29 PM   #1
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

OVR: 0
NCAA College Football...PC(How It Would Affect Madden)

Do You Think There Is a Chance EA Sports Will Release College Football On The PC For The First Time Since NCAA 99? If So How Does This Affect Madden On The PC? What Improvements Do You See Becoming Possible? Origin Is Really Lacking a Good #2 Sports Game, College Football Could Fill That Void.

If EA Does Release NCAA College Football For The PC The Obvious Question Is Will There Be "Real Default Rosters" Giving Us Profile Pictures For Top Prospects Like QB Spencer Rattler. If The Answer Is Yes, That Is Awesome In My Opinion. We Wouldn't Have To Look at Generic Cyber Faces For The Incoming Rookie Classes Anymore. The Days Of Creating Each Prospect 1 at a Time Would Also Be Over. We Could Import a Rookie Class From NCAA With Real Profile Pictures At The Click Of a Button. They Would Need To Have a Stage In The Off-Season Where Players Decide To Declare For The Draft Or Stay In School and Allow You To Customize It That Way The Class Would Be Accurate Or Else More Work Would Need To-Be Done Editing Prospects. They Could Also Have The Coaches in NCAA Declare For The NFL, and Become A Part Of The Draft Class Import. Lane Kiffin, Jim Harbaugh, Nick Saban Anyone? Give The Head Coach a Rating That Determines His Likely Hood Of Leaving School For The NFL. Also Give Users The Ability To Customize What Coaches Leave & Stay.

I've Always Enjoyed Using This Time To Game With NCAA On My Xbox Until Madden Is Released on The PC. Giving Us NCAA On The PC Only Seems Right. NCAA Rosters & Draft Classes Get a lot Of Attention In The PC Madden Community I'm Sure a New College Football Title Would Definitely Be a Major Success It Would Also Drastically Improve Franchise Mode For Madden.

Thoughts/Opinions Welcome.
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Favorite Players Of All-Time: Derek Carr & Tom Brady

Last edited by KiffinWillWin; 07-07-2021 at 06:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA College Football...PC(How It Would Affect Madden)

I am really hoping for it to release on PC and be fully moddable like Madden 20 but I don’t think it will. First reason is I think Madden will not get Next-Gen for years on PC and the new NCAA game will be Next-Gen. Second is because the courts won’t be sorted out yet so EA won’t release the game on PC and have a chance to be moddable.

If it is released on PC than it will be better than Madden because they don’t have to worry as much about balance in regard to completive play like the Madden tournament.
Old 07-07-2021, 01:04 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I don't expect the new CFB series to see a PC release in the first year or any year after that. The Madden PC crowd is already ridiculously small. The CFB PC crowd would be even smaller. I don't see EA allocating the resources to get a PC release when the game probably wouldn't even touch 100,000 copies sold.

― Plato
Old 07-08-2021, 03:27 AM   #4
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

College Football Has a Bigger Audience Then Professional Football, PC Gaming Isn't Going To Be As Popular As Xbox Or PlayStation However It Has The Ability To Reach That Gaming Audience. All EA Would Have To-Do Is Set Up a Bundle Package For Buying NCAA & Madden Give Gamers The Option To Play Both Games a Week Early For Double The Subscription Price To Origin. As Of Now You Pay For Your Subscription To Origin You Get Madden On The Standard Release Day You Could Start Charging Another Fee The Same Price As The Subscription To Play NCAA & Madden a Week Early. It Would Definitely Work. For Me There Is No Temptation To Play 1 Football Game 2 Days Early, Playing 2 Football Games a Week Early Would Lure Me In, I'm Sure It Would Attract Other PC Gamers As Well. As Of Now Origin Has 39 Million Users That's Potential For a Nice Turn Out(Sales Wise) For a College Football Game.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:48 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

The college audience is not bigger, not in the gaming market. Madden always outsold NCAA substantially. Madden would sell more in the 1st 2 weeks after release than what NCAA would sell in the entire year.

NCAA would typically be around the top selling game in July moving 500,000 - 1 million units. Then sales would fall off of a cliff. Madden would sale 1+ million in the first week even back then and remain one of the top selling games for months after release.

Also, Origin already has its #2 sports title. It's Madden. Don't forget Fifa that is EA's #1 seller every year. Fifa has a significantly larger PC presence than Madden does. Again, Madden has a tiny PC crowd and the college game would have an even smaller one.

Asking people to pay double the cost of an EA Play sub for one niche game like CFB won't go over well either. You may be willing to pay the additional amount for a few days of early access, but the average person isn't going to like that one bit. You're telling me I can get every single new EA game day 1 and I can have access to the vault full of games, but CFB is the only EA game off limits and I need to pay double to gain access to just one more game?

That model will not work at all. You'll get a few diehards like yourself willing to pay it, but that's about it. It'll receive overall negative press and EA wouldn't hear the end of it for some time.

I'd love to be wrong and CFB 24 will be on PC, but I'm not expecting that at all. Madden on PC already sells too little, has such a small community EA isn't even moving it to next gen, and the CFB game wouldn't even have a community half the size of Madden.

Look at the CFB Revamped mod. It's amazing and makes NCAA 14 feel fresh. Look at how tiny the Discord is still. Look at how it only gets 1,000s of downloads each release.

The college football gaming community is still pretty small relatively speaking. CFB 24 will likely sell like hotcakes due to the 10 year hiatus, but after a year or two sales will normalize. Madden will probably continue to to sale 15-20 million units annually and the CFB game will probably top off at 2 or 3 million in an average year. If not even 10% of Madden sales are on PC, then we can probably expect the PC crowd for the CFB game to be even smaller and even less worth putting resources to.

Maybe EA shocks us and announces the game is coming to PC also. The announcements they've made already don't point towards that. The way Madden sells on PC are and the way it's not receiving much work points towards no CFB PC release. I'd love to be wrong, but it's highly unlikely it's coming to PC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

Last edited by canes21; 07-08-2021 at 09:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2021, 05:49 PM   #6
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

Thanks For Your Feedback. My Guess, By Madden 24-25, Madden Will Be Next-Gen On The PC & There Will Be NCAA College Football On Origin. Just a Hunch.

Last edited by KiffinWillWin; 07-08-2021 at 06:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »