Home

LOBBS Roster Rating System-Roster Release

This is a discussion on LOBBS Roster Rating System-Roster Release within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2019, 08:51 PM   #9
Rookie

LOBBS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: LOBBS Roster Rating System-Roster Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
LOBBS- I wanted to pose this question to you and any other roster editors. Please respond privately if you guys don't want to clog up the thread but I thought you or someone else may have an answer.

Have any of you guys ever experienced a crash to the desktop when trying to use a specific team in a user created roster? I've been using a user created roster(Not your roster LOBBS) and for some reason when ever I try to play a game involving the Chiefs no matter if it's with them, against them, or just cpu vs cpu I get a hard crash back to desktop in the middle of loading the game. I have done a cpu vs cpu game with over 20 different teams thus far in this roster and the Chiefs are the only team that seems to cause this crash. Any idea what might cause this? I've looked through the roster with Amp and checked depth charts and can't seem to find anything off. Could having too many players on the team roster be the cause?
Too many players on a team could cause a crash. I seem to remember 75 being the limit in Madden 19. I, personally, haven't seen a roster with the Chiefs having more than that. They only had 60 something in the EA roster I used as a base to build mine which was at the end of the season. There may be a limit on total players in the roster counting all the teams and free agents. If I recall correctly, there were 2980 total in mine. I do know that every EA based roster I've seen was around 1500k in file size. If the custom one you're using is significantly larger than that it could have too many players.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #10
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBBS
Too many players on a team could cause a crash. I seem to remember 75 being the limit in Madden 19. I, personally, haven't seen a roster with the Chiefs having more than that. They only had 60 something in the EA roster I used as a base to build mine which was at the end of the season. There may be a limit on total players in the roster counting all the teams and free agents. If I recall correctly, there were 2980 total in mine. I do know that every EA based roster I've seen was around 1500k in file size. If the custom one you're using is significantly larger than that it could have too many players.
Thanks Lobbs. I'm pretty sure the total amount of players in the roster is 2980. The chiefs roster has no more than 60 players on it. It's just weird they are the only team causing the crash
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 04-02-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:08 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
I'll do some more research to see if there's any value into adding it.
Thanks for a quick reply. Can't wait to see the results!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 04:32 AM   #12
Banned

This seems really interesting and I might be interested in it
and in no way do I mean to shun you with the hard effort you've put in.
But I was instantly immediately deterred to see 99 ratings.

I saw that Tyreek Hill was 99 Speed along with others
He reaches a Top Speed of 23MPH
Randy Moss used to reach top speeds of at least around 27MPH.

This leaves no room to Scale anything actually realistic in the end spectrum, aside from going into like 105~ random ending hidden ratings.

Now I realize EA also put Tyreek at 99 - but it seems they must scale at the current NFL roster
and definitely inaccurate as his Acceleration makes up for his 40 times with his top speed being slower. Like Damiere Byrd who has ungodly acceleration but only 20mph~ top speed.

From all you've done it may be best to End-Scale with World Records
in their respective stat value rather than NFL Roster.

I hate to sound elitist about the project and turn my nose up on it,
but I feel if its only a little better than EA's roster which is literally 80% wrong in detail, maybe more.
Than I don't see the point of it.

165,000 edits to roster ratings is no joke or at least 80,000 for main ratings
but it hurts to see its not perfect for so much work.

Is there any chance to expect an update in regards to those things?

Last edited by Willchillz; 04-03-2019 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:00 AM   #13
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Real good stuff here Lobbs. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing what you can do with draft classes.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:53 AM   #14
Rookie

LOBBS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchillz
This seems really interesting and I might be interested in it
and in no way do I mean to shun you with the hard effort you've put in.
But I was instantly immediately deterred to see 99 ratings.

I saw that Tyreek Hill was 99 Speed along with others
He reaches a Top Speed of 23MPH
Randy Moss used to reach top speeds of at least around 27MPH.

This leaves no room to Scale anything actually realistic in the end spectrum, aside from going into like 105~ random ending hidden ratings.

Now I realize EA also put Tyreek at 99 - but it seems they must scale at the current NFL roster
and definitely inaccurate as his Acceleration makes up for his 40 times with his top speed being slower. Like Damiere Byrd who has ungodly acceleration but only 20mph~ top speed.

From all you've done it may be best to End-Scale with World Records
in their respective stat value rather than NFL Roster.

I hate to sound elitist about the project and turn my nose up on it,
but I feel if its only a little better than EA's roster which is literally 80% wrong in detail, maybe more.
Than I don't see the point of it.

165,000 edits to roster ratings is no joke or at least 80,000 for main ratings
but it hurts to see its not perfect for so much work.

Is there any chance to expect an update in regards to those things?
Let's do the math here. Usain Bolt, the "Fastest Man Alive" ran the 100m (109.36yds) in 9.58 secs at a speed of 27.6 mph. Luckily, the question of how fast his 40yd dash was has been asked many times and analyzed. At the 30m mark of that sprint (32.81 yds) his split was 3.78 secs and at the 40m mark (43.74 yds) he was at 4.64 secs. That puts him thru the 40 yard mark at 4.34 seconds. Granted, this was during a longer race so his focus would have been to have a little in reserve. He did recently run a 4.22 at the Super Bowl tying John Ross's combine record. The bulk of his post-Olympic income has come from sponsorships tied to his legacy and it's been widely noted that he's been able to maintain his physique since (mainly due to his livelihood pretty much demanding so). So, we can't ever know what his 40 was in his prime. That's much shorter than anything that was really important to his career we can't assume that it's much better than his recent 4.22. Even a 4.18 drops Tyreek Hill, John Ross, etc. from a 99 to a 98 or so.

Randy Moss never hit 27mph on a football field. He claimed to run on his treadmill with it set to 27 mph (actually 26.5 if he wasn't hanging on to the rails). It took Bolt from halfway deep in one endzone at a full sprint without pads and no distraction of getting tackled to halfway deep into the other end zone to hit that mark. It's an irrelevant argument what Moss anecdotally claimed to do on a piece of exercise equipment. It certainly can't be compared to Next Gen stats for on-field speed. The fact that some of these guys are hitting 22-23 mph in pads while keeping an eye on not getting killed is amazing. But those speeds are being hit when they have 60-80 yards of daylight to attain them. Bolt didn't hit his max speed until the 90-95m (roughly 100 yards) mark.

So, no Tyreek, Ross and crew are more than capable of exceeding 23 mph in shorts and room to roam. Moss may or may not have hit 27 mph on a treadmill but for sure he never did it on a field. What we do have are 40 times that compare quite favorably to what the "Fastest Man on Earth" has posted (besting them referenced to his world record 100m dash and equal to or ever so slightly behind his post-Olympic 40). Unless we can go back in time to Bolt's prime and beg him to post a 40 for us geeks I'm not seeing a reason to vastly revise the speed ratings. The numbers the top NFL players are posting are already in the ranks of the elite sprinters.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #15
Rookie

LOBBS's Arena

For those interested here's a graphical analysis of Usain Bolt's 100m with the 40 yard split.
Attached Images
File Type: png Estimated-splits-of-Usain-Bolt-with-reaction-time.png (67.7 KB, 51 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2019, 01:13 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Let's do the math here. Usain Bolt, the "Fastest Man Alive" ran the 100m (109.36yds) in 9.58 secs at a speed of 27.6 mph. Luckily, the question of how fast his 40yd dash was has been asked many times and analyzed. At the 30m mark of that sprint (32.81 yds) his split was 3.78 secs and at the 40m mark (43.74 yds) he was at 4.64 secs. That puts him thru the 40 yard mark at 4.34 seconds. Granted, this was during a longer race so his focus would have been to have a little in reserve. He did recently run a 4.22 at the Super Bowl tying John Ross's combine record. The bulk of his post-Olympic income has come from sponsorships tied to his legacy and it's been widely noted that he's been able to maintain his physique since (mainly due to his livelihood pretty much demanding so). So, we can't ever know what his 40 was in his prime. That's much shorter than anything that was really important to his career we can't assume that it's much better than his recent 4.22. Even a 4.18 drops Tyreek Hill, John Ross, etc. from a 99 to a 98 or so.

Randy Moss never hit 27mph on a football field. He claimed to run on his treadmill with it set to 27 mph (actually 26.5 if he wasn't hanging on to the rails). It took Bolt from halfway deep in one endzone at a full sprint without pads and no distraction of getting tackled to halfway deep into the other end zone to hit that mark. It's an irrelevant argument what Moss anecdotally claimed to do on a piece of exercise equipment. It certainly can't be compared to Next Gen stats for on-field speed. The fact that some of these guys are hitting 22-23 mph in pads while keeping an eye on not getting killed is amazing. But those speeds are being hit when they have 60-80 yards of daylight to attain them. Bolt didn't hit his max speed until the 90-95m (roughly 100 yards) mark.

So, no Tyreek, Ross and crew are more than capable of exceeding 23 mph in shorts and room to roam. Moss may or may not have hit 27 mph on a treadmill but for sure he never did it on a field. What we do have are 40 times that compare quite favorably to what the "Fastest Man on Earth" has posted (besting them referenced to his world record 100m dash and equal to or ever so slightly behind his post-Olympic 40). Unless we can go back in time to Bolt's prime and beg him to post a 40 for us geeks I'm not seeing a reason to vastly revise the speed ratings. The numbers the top NFL players are posting are already in the ranks of the elite sprinters.

I don't dispute the mod, its an improvement from the original.
But in no way can I justify it being complete especially for such a special season and seasons were going into.

Moss definitely many times has ran in NFL games at 27+mph

Not only that but we do have actual cadence captures of players for stride lengths and all that stuff.

If we compare Tyreek Hill and Damiere Byrd - They're capable of launching themselves into full speed in ONE step almost like a nano glitch in real life, then losing a hiccup at their 3rd or 4th step.

This is fine since they're expected to run routes. They're stride lengths are smaller but they're still in Top Speed by there 3rd Step.

If we compare runners like Moss, Ross, and Usain Bolt.
They reach top speed in there 5th or 6th step.

Theres no reason or any informational evidence to claim the Acceleration and Top speeds should be aligned like that. When making ratings you often don't even need the stats for a lot of things - you just have to compare the sight and feel of it. We'd have no breakdown for things like that in other stat ratings.

But this is just blatantly scaled off.
Often these graphs looked at for quick reference
just scale an acceleration based on distance and speed divided.
They don't actually look at the first 5 yards/meters as a whole.

Now if we actually look at that separately for values.
You have to assume based on all-known knowledge.

Tyreek, Damiere Byrd - Acc: 99(100) Speed: 93-94~
Ross: Acc-94-95~ Speed: 98
Moss, Bolt: Acc: 94-95~ Speed: 99(100)

Refined more detail after like 90.xx - and we get the real thing.

as Ross, Moss, and Bolt do end up winning in overall speed in further lengths.

Again though, speed is my expertise - sonic the hedgehog fan and track runner - you've actually gone over all the ratings which aren't my expertise.

How EA could actually use hardware technology to capture running cadences, personas, and styles but not accurate manual breakdown curves of ratings is beyond me.

I do appreciate the mod and recommend it over the current default by far though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »