Home

Is M19 PC worth it?

This is a discussion on Is M19 PC worth it? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2018, 06:01 PM   #1
Rookie

MtVasuvius's Arena

OVR: 0
Is M19 PC worth it?

Hi all.

I have M19 on PS4 and while I love football, it's been getting stale (as it has been for the past few years, unfortunately. Really since Madden 13 and on, it's been garbage).

I wanted to ask in this subforum: do you think it's worth the 23.99 to get it on PC? Main purpose of this would be to open up my experience to include different mods, I know each person has a different opinion but I wanted to just see if you guys think the mods make the game any more enjoyable or if it's still pretty much trash.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Is M19 PC worth it?

If there are any mods you've seen here or elsewhere that really interest you then it may be a good choice to go for it. I enjoyed the game at first when it came out, but I also hadn't played a Madden since 16. I couldn't go back to playing the vanilla game again. No amount of slider tweaking could give me the gameplay I've gotten from using the Frosty Editor to create my own patch that fixes nearly everything I have an issue with.

― Plato
Old 12-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

NCAA 14 is my favorite football game ever. I've probably put more hours into it than any (football) game ever. I recently got Madden 19 for PC for $30 on Amazon. I'm still trying to get into the mod stuff, but so far I think it's worth $30. I will probably play it (along with NCAA 14) for the next few years. I'm not as big of a stickler as some others though. I loved 2k5 and 2k8, and I care about good line play. The base game struggles in that department, but I think mods help out. It is what it is. If you already have it on console, I don't know if mods make up for purchasing it again unless you can get it at a steep discount.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:04 PM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtVasuvius
Hi all.

I have M19 on PS4 and while I love football, it's been getting stale (as it has been for the past few years, unfortunately. Really since Madden 13 and on, it's been garbage).

I wanted to ask in this subforum: do you think it's worth the 23.99 to get it on PC? Main purpose of this would be to open up my experience to include different mods, I know each person has a different opinion but I wanted to just see if you guys think the mods make the game any more enjoyable or if it's still pretty much trash.

Thanks!
I mean you answered your own question. If you think Madden is already garbage why would you buy it on PC? Madden PC imo with the mods & editing that can be done is a gamechanger over console. Keep in mind I think Madden 19 is a very solid game before I bought it on PC & didnt think it was garbage then. Franchise mode is the same on all platforms

Playing:
Old 12-21-2018, 07:34 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 21

I will definitely make the jump to PC if they continue with a PC version for next year's game. I don't see why they wouldn't, but after all, it is EA...so who knows! I just don't want to buy a rig for a "one and done" scenario.

Seeing what these guys can do to make gameplay more realistic looking and playing is amazing.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2018, 06:44 AM   #6
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
If there are any mods you've seen here or elsewhere that really interest you then it may be a good choice to go for it. I enjoyed the game at first when it came out, but I also hadn't played a Madden since 16. I couldn't go back to playing the vanilla game again. No amount of slider tweaking could give me the gameplay I've gotten from using the Frosty Editor to create my own patch that fixes nearly everything I have an issue with.
What issues have you fixed with mods?
Old 12-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
What issues have you fixed with mods?

We've fixed plenty...

Coverage is much tighter and realistic both in man and zone
The players need to see the ball being thrown to break on it
Passing speeds and trajectories are much closer to real life
The running game is tough again without it being an insta-shed mess
Penalties are being called appropriately

Punting is much more realistic
Weather actually affects every phase now from running to passing to kicking

The CPU uses much more of their playbook

Injuries in both games played and simmed games are occurring at more realistic and balanced levels

There's plenty more that I'm forgetting. Sabo has 2.0 of his patch released now with tons of fixes. If people want I could share mine as well. It's similar since we've worked together a lot and shared a lot of changes, but there are multiple things with each that make them their own.

― Plato
Old 12-30-2018, 02:58 PM   #8
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
We've fixed plenty...

Coverage is much tighter and realistic both in man and zone
The players need to see the ball being thrown to break on it
Passing speeds and trajectories are much closer to real life
The running game is tough again without it being an insta-shed mess
Penalties are being called appropriately

Punting is much more realistic
Weather actually affects every phase now from running to passing to kicking

The CPU uses much more of their playbook

Injuries in both games played and simmed games are occurring at more realistic and balanced levels

There's plenty more that I'm forgetting. Sabo has 2.0 of his patch released now with tons of fixes. If people want I could share mine as well. It's similar since we've worked together a lot and shared a lot of changes, but there are multiple things with each that make them their own.
Thanks!
I would like to start using them, I downloaded Frosty.
What's the name of yours and where can I can I find it?
Also, is there one that speeds up CPU vs CPU games as yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »