Home

New Bucs Uniforms (suggestion on the numbers?)

This is a discussion on New Bucs Uniforms (suggestion on the numbers?) within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
New Bucs Uniforms (suggestion on the numbers?)

So the clock numbers are evil... I made a new Bucs uniform, but I'm not entirely sure about what to use for the numbers. I've got a different one now, but I think I might have gotten a bit heavy handed with the black outline (originally I had an orange outline surrounded by black, but I wanted to see what just a heavy black outline looked like).

Oh, and yes I changed the pants and the colors slightly.

Any suggestions would be nice, but especially the numbers. I want something that looks kind of piratey, but not so curvy that it doesn't look like an NFL number. Ideas on font, outlines, drop shadows, etc., welcome.

What I got so far on this.

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2019, 02:31 PM   #2
Rookie

hhsrudy4's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New Bucs Uniforms (suggestion on the numbers?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
So the clock numbers are evil... I made a new Bucs uniform, but I'm not entirely sure about what to use for the numbers. I've got a different one now, but I think I might have gotten a bit heavy handed with the black outline (originally I had an orange outline surrounded by black, but I wanted to see what just a heavy black outline looked like).

Any suggestions would be nice, but especially the numbers. I want something that looks kind of piratey, but not so curvy that it doesn't look like an NFL number. Ideas on font, outlines, drop shadows, etc., welcome.

Personally as a Bucs fan I'd either build off of the color rush or old red/white unis or even the creamsicles. I'm just not a fan of the European league looking unis.

As for numbers you might try a google search NCAA fonts. Might find something you like. I have a ton in photoshop now for my college mod I'm building, I will scroll through when I get a chance and see if I see Anything that looks "piratey." I know East Carolina are Pirates but can't remember what their numbers look like off the top of my head.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:01 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrudy4
Personally as a Bucs fan I'd either build off of the color rush or old red/white unis or even the creamsicles. I'm just not a fan of the European league looking unis.

As for numbers you might try a google search NCAA fonts. Might find something you like. I have a ton in photoshop now for my college mod I'm building, I will scroll through when I get a chance and see if I see Anything that looks "piratey." I know East Carolina are Pirates but can't remember what their numbers look like off the top of my head.
I think you’re right. The red is too bright and I think the pewter might be too dark. Also, the jerseys are too busy. I removed some of it with these (changed the contrast part from the entire top to just the sleeves), but somethig still doesn’t fit.

I remember the 2002 Bucs uniform matched the fear their defense instilled, and it also somehow had an piratey feel. Probably the dull metallic look of the pants and helmet, but the darker red helped too.

Old 10-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsrudy4

The ECU Pirates use a knock off Ravens font for their numbers. I think something closer to the standard block numbers they used with the 1997 rebrand would work better than the ECU numbers, but maybe something closer to what is shown here is a better direction.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:02 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacca45
The ECU Pirates use a knock off Ravens font for their numbers. I think something closer to the standard block numbers they used with the 1997 rebrand would work better than the ECU numbers, but maybe something closer to what is shown here is a better direction.
I think I found a font I like. Tell me if they look stupid (it just feels piratey to me). One weird thing about that font is that it takes a lot of editing to keep it from clipping the other numbers, but yet it seems shorter than other numbers in the game, or maybe they are too high (I'm using most of the 512 px vertical space though).

I also tried to follow hhsrudy4's suggestion and keep things closer to older Buc uniforms. There are obviously differences, but the scheme is very similar to the 2002 Bucs. Thicker stripes, a little bit bigger helmet decal (but not as big as the current one), and a couple other tiny changes.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2019, 07:18 PM   #6
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Boy... I know you didn't specifically ask for my opinion, but I'm the wrong person to ask. I'm so old-school I carry backup fullbacks on my roster and have Vince Lombardi quotes in my signature. If it were me, I'd bring back the creamsicle jerseys with maybe a darker shade of orange, and call it a day. So I have to unfortunately say none of the above.

Quote:

Old 10-20-2019, 07:20 PM   #7
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

No, no, NOOOOO for the love of all that is good and holy. I have to admit I admire the artistic ability, but... aw heck, I'm a terrible person to ask, I'm still wishing they'd bring back the creamsicles.

Quote:
I think I found a font I like.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by servo75
No, no, NOOOOO for the love of all that is good and holy. I have to admit I admire the artistic ability, but... aw heck, I'm a terrible person to ask, I'm still wishing they'd bring back the creamsicles.
The biggest issue with these is legibility in the stands. It does remind me of GTA though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »