Home

DS4 PS Controller

This is a discussion on DS4 PS Controller within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Shards's Arena

OVR: 0
DS4 PS Controller

Does anyone use a PS4 controller DS4 with the PC version of this game? I have it working but it doesn't seem to interpret multiple directions with a joystick and I'm getting weird stops and starts as I'm running. I know there isn't native support but I was hoping someone else might have found a way to get it to work better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2019, 07:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: DS4 PS Controller

i use it for mine i have no problems.

are you using ds4windows?
Old 07-24-2019, 08:35 PM   #3
Rookie

Shards's Arena

Yeah, I used the ds4windows app to get it working but continue to have problems. I'm going to try to calibrate or increase the dead zone to see if that helps with the controls. Any idea what would make the came constantly switch between showing keyboard and controller buttons?
Old 07-24-2019, 10:44 PM   #4
Just started!

Works fine for me using DS4Windows.

I used to fight a lot with origin games and ds4windows with incorrect controls and that showing of keyboard icons in game. That most of the times also causes 'double controls' btw. To fix this however, you should close Origin (and Madden of course) completely before plugging in your controller. You probably want to close any other programs that might affect controllers as well, like steam and maybe discord, ect. Once you've plugged the controller in, start madden and it should work without problems (it will show xbox controller icons but those are quick to learn when you play the more).
Old 07-25-2019, 09:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Shards's Arena

I tried what you said and I'm still having isssues. The left joystick is the problem. I can move fluidly if I use the dpad but if I use the left joystick and run in a circle, my player starts and stops moving while transitioning to the different directions. It's stange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2019, 09:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Shards's Arena

I think I found the issue. The defaults are weird for the left stick. They were mapped to using the direction keys on the keyboard, which is why I kept getting switching between the controller buttons and the keyboard buttons. I noticed in practice that the icons would change when i touched the stick. I'm trying with the new remapped controls where I click on each of the directions of the joystick and chose the same on the xbox controller to get the LS Axis mapping.
Old 07-26-2019, 02:24 AM   #7
Just started!

That's the issue what I meant with double controls. What I didn't remember to mention is that in DS4Windows settings there is a option "Hide DS4 Controller". This should be ON (for pretty much always). Then you only have that emulated xbox controller input and not both xbox and ds4 inputs. The latter causes problems with madden and is responsible for showing keyboard icons during the game. DS4Windows gives an error that the hide option doesn't work if you try to plug in the controller while having the game open. That's the reason why I told to close origin before plugging controller in.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Shards's Arena

I wondered why there was an option to hide the PS4 controller. Regardless, it seems to be working great after mapping the left stick correctly.

I appreciate your all your tips! You definitely helped get the issue fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »