Home

Madden 20 PC won't launch after update

This is a discussion on Madden 20 PC won't launch after update within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2019, 09:19 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 PC won't launch after update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Sounds like it could be compatibility. Can you try to go to the Origin.exe properties (make sure to exit Origin first) and run compatibility as Windows 8 or 7?

Do you have another drive that you can install the game to? It could be read/write permissions that is preventing the game from being able to run and is causing a crash.
Thank you for the advice.

I tried compatibility mode for Windows 8 and the Windows 7 with no luck.

I do have a flash drive somewhere, I just have to find it... Thanks so much, really hoping that works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #26
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Ok I always owned the same version as Premier gave you so maybe just wait until yours expires and see what happens. See attached screenshot, that is what I have for Anthem that is currently premier but I also own the same Legion of Dawn edition so it gives me the option to revert to my purchased version.
Hey there! I got this figured out. The reason I wasn't seeing this option is because I hadn't actually bought the game! What I mean is the code I received from Best Buy was just a pre-order bonus. I redeemed the code thinking it would unlock the game and it apparently just added some features or bonus content? I since received a new email with an activation code and when I redeemed this I now own the game. As such I was able to revert to owned version as you stated. That is good to know for future issues! Thanks.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:35 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk1985
Thank you for the advice.

I tried compatibility mode for Windows 8 and the Windows 7 with no luck.

I do have a flash drive somewhere, I just have to find it... Thanks so much, really hoping that works.
Sorry, I should have said the Madden20.exe file not origin.exe. Any updates on if it's working yet?
Old 08-09-2019, 01:16 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Sorry, I should have said the Madden20.exe file not origin.exe. Any updates on if it's working yet?
I haven't had time to try anything during this week but this weekend I'm going to see what's the best way to contact someone at EA or, failing that, try Reddit or something. I installed it to a flash drive and it didn't make a difference. Running Madden in compatibility mode didn't work, either.

The screen always looks like this with just three dots moving until it eventually crashes.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:47 AM   #29
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

@nyk1985
It could be a RAM issue. Minimum RAM requirements for this game say 8GB and I see you only have 6GB?
https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...m-requirements

Even 8GB is pushing it for Windows 10 these days I always recommend a minimum of 16GB to anyone building a machine these days.

I have 32GB and I know I use about 14GB of total system RAM while playing Madden 20. Granted I have 2 screens and normally have iTunes or Netflix open, a few tabs of Chrome open, Discord and Microsoft Teams (for work) and all the driver software and other background apps running in system tray like antivirus and backup software.

Madden20.exe will hit peak working set RAM numbers of almost 4GB.

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-09-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
@nyk1985
It could be a RAM issue. Minimum RAM requirements for this game say 8GB and I see you only have 6GB?
https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...m-requirements

Even 8GB is pushing it for Windows 10 these days I always recommend a minimum of 16GB to anyone building a machine these days.

I have 32GB and I know I use about 14GB of total system RAM while playing Madden 20. Granted I have 2 screens and normally have iTunes or Netflix open, a few tabs of Chrome open, Discord and Microsoft Teams (for work) and all the driver software and other background apps running in system tray like antivirus and backup software.

Madden20.exe will hit peak working set RAM numbers of almost 4GB.
Thanks! (I wish the computer would just say not enough space!)

I ordered 8GB of additional RAM due to arrive Monday.

Even if that doesn't work, the laptop can be slow so it's a good purchase. Hope this does it, thanks!
Old 08-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #31
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk1985
Thanks! (I wish the computer would just say not enough space!)

I ordered 8GB of additional RAM due to arrive Monday.

Even if that doesn't work, the laptop can be slow so it's a good purchase. Hope this does it, thanks!
Ok yeah I looked up that model of laptop you have and it looks like it comes with 4GB built into the motherboard and a single upgrade slot that must have a 2GB stick in it now. So if you ordered a 8GB one then you would replace the 2GB one and have a total of 12GB. It also looks like the Radeon R5 graphics chip in it shares that DDR4 memory so that was probably adding to your problem of only have 6GB as part of that was being used for graphics as well. Not sure how well this laptop will run this game but good luck
memory
Slots: 1 (1 bank of 1)

Maximum Memory: 12GB

*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

Standard Memory: 6GB (4GB non-removable)

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-09-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 05:54 PM   #32
Rookie

Nate.Walton1's Arena

This just started happening to me today. Was working fine all day. Now at 4PM EST the EXACT thing you described in your original post is happening to me. NOTHING is fixing it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »