Home

Madden 20 PC won't launch after update

This is a discussion on Madden 20 PC won't launch after update within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Madden 20 PC won't launch after update

So I've been running it on my laptop win10 since launch. It was fine. Downloaded the 800mb update yesterday and now it won't launch. Just says syncing cloud saves....everything disappears and then instead of the game launching it dumps me back to the Origin launcher again. No errors...nothing. Cannot figure it out.

This happened last year with Madden 19 and it remained broken until the next patch somehow fixed it. I am wondering if there is workaround or something because this seemed to happen to a lot of people last year and someone had to figure it out....right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2019, 03:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 PC won't launch after update

try playing the game offline
Old 07-30-2019, 04:00 PM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzleroybrown
try playing the game offline
In the middle of trying some Origin Cache clearing techniques and just rebooted. If this doesn't work I'll try offline. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:06 PM   #4
MVP

icicle22's Arena

The clearing of the origin cache didn't help and when I try to play offline it tells me that I can't because of some ID activation isn't in the registry. You know....this is the exact reason I hate PC gaming....even though I love it.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:29 PM   #5
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
The clearing of the origin cache didn't help and when I try to play offline it tells me that I can't because of some ID activation isn't in the registry. You know....this is the exact reason I hate PC gaming....even though I love it.
Try turning off cloud saves?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2019, 01:10 AM   #6
Rookie

sure way to get it working again is to delete and re install the game
Old 07-31-2019, 02:50 AM   #7
Rookie

m29a's Arena

This happened to me with both 19 and 20 (along with other Origin games). A full reinstall didn't help.

The only thing that did work was to right click the Origin shortcut->properties->compatibility tab->check "run this program as an administrator".

Note that any future Origin client update will reset that.

Hopefully that (or something else) works for you.
Old 07-31-2019, 09:18 AM   #8
MVP

icicle22's Arena

Well...it magically started working again late last night. I had resigned myself to restoring my PC to a week old system backup for testing. I performed an emergency backup on my system the way it is now, just in case I needed the current state restored. After several hours backing up, and then verifying the backups were good, I tried Madden once last time before I restored backup and it just worked. I don't have any clue what could have caused this.

The only issue I am having now....and it's minor, is that all of my cloud saves aren't appearing anymore on the laptop. I had cleared the origin cache and purged all of the saves in the Madden 20 folder. When it finally launched that first time it mad me play the Pro Bowl and it essentially didn't know I had cloud saves.....even though they are still turned on. I haven't tried my home PC to see if they are still there or not.

So it's working again but this happened after a patch installed. Makes me scared for the next one now. Ugh. PC gaming's ugly under side can be a pain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »