Home

Tattoo modding incoming

This is a discussion on Tattoo modding incoming within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2019, 11:37 PM   #17
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Tattoo modding incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Again Mith is the one who posted that screenshot of Diggs, I just put it up here. He says he used real pics of Diggs tattoos and applied them using texture paint in Blender. I have never used Blender, but I use CS6 a lot. There are a few players with the skintone file in their preset in frosty, obviously Odell, Mike Evans, and Carr. Mith claims he used a plain skintone for the Diggs tattoos, and their are 8 different plain skintone files that can be exported. He claims you can assign these edited plain skintones to anybody that has a facescan in the game. The strange thing is though the guys with tats in the game have right and left arm textures, the plain skin ones are just a single arm.

Edit:

Okay so I just messed around with photoshop making some bs tattoos that are clearly not Adams real ones or his accurate skintone obviously. It is definitely possible to create your own tattoos from the plain skintone files. Like I said though it's one arm and it appears to mirror to the other arm. Not sure how to get around that, but yes, it appears you can put original tattoos on any player that has a facescan

Having spent I dunno how many hours trying to mod tattoos in Fifa 18 Mith did what I ended up settling on and it’s really pretty easy. It’s not really a viable option other than getting a couple guys tattoos however.

Like you said you just edit the skin tones included in game. But whoever has that skin tone would have those tattoos so you have to edit every player other than the one you want to have the tattoos, to a different skin colour. You have to have at least 4 or 5 skin tones as skin tones but if there are 8 than you could get 3 additional guys tattoos.

I don’t want to kill hopes but doing more than that can’t happen until someone can figure out how to assign players arm textures and even then I don’t think it will do much as there isn’t any extra textures in game to change. The game uses those 8 skin tones and share them for all the players. Cheat engine had a work around for fifa but it involved the tattoos of the single player story. They managed to link any players arm textures to those files then you just edited the single players tattoos to whatever tattoos you wanted. Even then it only allowed you 20ish unique tattoos.

Really someone needs to figure out how to add textures to frosty not just change existing ones but I’ve never heard of anyone doing that.

Or......... Madden decides to use separate arm textures for every player like NBA 2k. I think at some point if the devs commit to more and more tattoos that might be a reality but it doesn’t make sense for the 4(? I actually don’t even know who all has. Evans and Odell are the 2 I’ve seen) people who have them in game now.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:21 AM   #18
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

No, you can rename the arm texture after you duplicate it (new feature in Frosty this year) so it doesn’t copy to every player with the same texture. Like I said, if the player has a facescan, you can add tattoos to one of the 8 different skin tone files, import it over (ex. Skin tone 6) duplicate it, rename it as you assign it, add it to a parameter in the players ST preset, and it remains unique to the assigned player. All the players with skin tone 6 remain plain skinned, the renamed tattoo file becomes unique to the assigned player. Face scan = unique tattoo. I can show you how to do it if u want.

Last edited by reverend_heat; 08-18-2019 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:35 AM   #19
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
No, you can rename the arm texture after you duplicate it (new feature in Frosty this year) so it doesn’t copy to every player with the same texture. Like I said, if the player has a facescan, you can add tattoos to one of the 8 different skin tone files, import it over (ex. Skin tone 6) duplicate it, rename it as you assign it, add it to a parameter in the players ST preset, and it remains unique to the assigned player. All the players with skin tone 6 remain plain skinned, the renamed tattoo file becomes unique to the assigned player. Face scan = unique tattoo. I can show you how to do it if u want.
Wow that’s awesome.

So the only real bummer is it mirrors the arm texture?

I haven’t messed around with modding Madden as I kinda hated 19 and I hate that every update borks mods but this could suck me in. Well and the fact I’m really enjoying madden this year.

I haven’t used frosty since Fifa 18 but I’ll start messing around and if I get stuck I’ll hit you up to show me how to do this.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:41 AM   #20
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Please do, it would be great to get someone who knows what they’re doing finally getting accurate tattoos into Madden, I’ll help you with whatever I can. Mith claims you can get around the mirror issue though I haven’t figured it out yet

Last edited by reverend_heat; 08-18-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:57 AM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Wow that’s awesome.

So the only real bummer is it mirrors the arm texture?

I haven’t messed around with modding Madden as I kinda hated 19 and I hate that every update borks mods but this could suck me in. Well and the fact I’m really enjoying madden this year.

I haven’t used frosty since Fifa 18 but I’ll start messing around and if I get stuck I’ll hit you up to show me how to do this.

FYI. Every update does not Bork mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2019, 02:03 AM   #22
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
FYI. Every update does not Bork mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
So mods aren’t reliant on which update version they were created on anymore either?
Old 08-18-2019, 02:51 AM   #23
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
So mods aren’t reliant on which update version they were created on anymore either?
They werent last year. I recall there were some mods like the Fox presentation mod that were affected by some updates but most werent. My stadium mod has worked through every patch. I believe Sabo's gameplay patch has worked no matter the patch too.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:15 AM   #24
Rookie

BigNasty35's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey guys I figured out how to fix the mirroring issue. I haven't made any new tattoos yet, just wanted to make sure we could actually get both arms done. This is going to be all done with Mike Evans on Dak Prescott.

If you look at the presets for each player, it shows that there are only 6 vector parameters for Dak and 7 for Mike Evans. One of the parameters for Evans is one that says "use tattoo". All I did was copy that 7th parameter on Evans, highlight the 6th in Dak's parameters and clicked "insert after". Also made sure that all of the other values in the parameters were the same. That got it working. Obviously, we are still going to be limited, at least it seems for now, in the number of tattoo'd players at any given time, but this is better than nothing. In fact, as long as you aren't playing vs OBJ, Carr, Evans or Kamara, that gives you the option to have 4 different players in game with different tat designs. Better than nothing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »