Home

Tattoo modding incoming

This is a discussion on Tattoo modding incoming within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2019, 03:38 AM   #25
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Tattoo modding incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They werent last year. I recall there were some mods like the Fox presentation mod that were affected by some updates but most werent. My stadium mod has worked through every patch. I believe Sabo's gameplay patch has worked no matter the patch too.
So kinda the same as fifa but better it sounds. I’ll have to mess around with Frosty. I know in fifa any of the files that were in the legacy section were fine each update but anything else had to be redone and most of the good mods were the ones that got screwed.

To top it off not many people shared the frosty file to edit yourself so you’d have to cross your fingers the original author would update.

Anyways thanks for updating me it sounds like frosty has come a long ways the last year or so. I will start looking at it this week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #26
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
So mods aren’t reliant on which update version they were created on anymore either?
It’s really just the legacy files that sometimes just need repackaged.

I used several personal mods that I created soon as we could last year and they still run fine. You just get an alert it’s made a different patch and MAY not run properly.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:15 PM   #27
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I spent the weekend with frosty and I learned a whole bunch about what is possible and how the file structure works.

I figured out what Mith did for that Diggs tattoo. He used skintone 8 and then manipulated it with the "useTattoo" function so that it doesn't display on others with tattoo 8 assigned. It has something to do with the X,Y coordinates but I haven't quite figured out exactly how he got that to happen but I do know that's what he did.

What I learned from that is the duplicate and assign doesn't create a new texture it just does what it says and "duplicates" it. So we are still very limited in how many unique tattoos we can have. Skintone 8 that he used remains that texture for anyone else you assign it to so you can't just keep making a bunch of skintone 8's to use.

You need to use textures included in the game and redirect them to where you want. It's tricky because all of the textures in the game are obviously used in other capacities so you have to be careful.

What I decided to do was to make a tattoo mod that uses generic tattoos that replicate the same placement and look of real tattoos and put them on 90 percent of the players who have them in real life. Its hard to explain but check out this small sample preview of what I have done.

Here is what I have done:

I was very creative in getting available texture slots and managed to get a total of 11 slots to use. There are 8 skintones included in game and you only really need 4. The difference between consecutive tones is very minimal so I used skintone 1,4,6 and 8 textures. There is also 8 different skin tones only used by the create a player in the Face of the Franchise mode. I took tone1,2,3 and made them the three different shades of people and redirected any directory pointing to them which freed up 5 more slots. Because those skintones all mirror they would be used for anyone with 2 arm sleeves. In order to have textures for people with one sleeve I needed the actual tattoo textures used in game so I used Derek Carr's because his tattoo is barely seen anyways, and OBJ's and just used a mirrored one for him as he covers one with an arm sleeve anyways. Interesting side note Kamara's is just there the game doesn't actually use it. I left Mike Evans alone.

I then made the tattoo textures.

I then went through the entire Madden directory in frosty removing and redirecting any of the skin tones from places they would conflict and replaced them with tones I left alone. So for example you have to change all the coaches associations or they would have tattoo's. etc.....

I grabbed google on my phone looking at each player and went through every face scan included player and assigned appropriate tattoo texture or different skintone in frosty. I have 6 different double arm tattoo sleeves for dark skin also one left and one right. 90 percent of the tattoos I found I needed for dark skin so thats the bulk of where the resources went. I had 2 medium skin 2 sleeve textures and 1 single arm(chose right arm lol) and only one 2 sleeve light skinned as hardly any white dudes have tatttoos apparently. This step is completed.

I then wen't into a fresh roster and in game I had to go through each non face scanned player and assign them tattoos if they have them or change them away from tattoos if they have them as a result of using 1,4,6 skintones. There is no 8 for some reason in the CAP editor. I am half done this step.

I will then have to go through free agents and then I will release the mod with the needed roster most likely thursday.

Lastly I plan on going through 2020 and 2021 real draft classes of my choice and make them compatible on the weekend probably.

Big thanks to MattRock who helped me understand the initial process of Frosty.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:30 PM   #28
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Excellent work looking forward to using this!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »