Home

Improving SimStats via Frosty

This is a discussion on Improving SimStats via Frosty within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2019, 10:47 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Improving SimStats via Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar4bAce
Do you know what the quarter and clock times should be for user played games to match up with the amount of simmed plays?
Depends on whether you want to adjust the values via Frosty to get the right number of SimStat plays in the first place.

Default Madden Sim Engine generates about 58 plays per game per team in the SimStats. I would have thought 11 mins at 20 secs maybe would generate that in-game but you would need to play with that to get the right figure.

But given that the RL NFL is about 62-63 plays per game per team then I would have thought it better to amend the values in Frosty so the SimEngine reflects RL NFL. That way your in-game team is getting the same number of plays as the other 31 teams throughout the entire 17 week season.

I usually play 12 mins at 20 sec runoff to get correct number of rushes, passes and sacks in-game. However I might be adjusting that soon as I have been experimenting with upping the injuries, which of course stops the clock thus impacting on number of plays per game.

BTW We are still working over at Discord with the various values so the values given in my first post will be changing.
Old 10-10-2019, 10:54 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
"Under Supersim_Play_Time I changed Spotball Max to 24 and Spotball Min to 14."

what were the original values?

im guessing this variable/value is the maximum number and minimum number of plays per quarter. for bot teams
so in 4 quarters the number of plays will be 152 at most.

now what would be the next variable/value for the number of games.
Im guessing that would give you the #of plays over the course of a season.

Im just guessing this is how thsi would work, and that's based on my limited coding experience.

please let me know if Im off, cause I want to start messing around with the mod as well.

edit: I lowered the numbers and most teams were averaging 50+ points. so this probably means I would have to raise it to get less plays.
The default Madden Sim Engine produces way too many TD's (especially rushing) even though the actual number of plays is less than the RL NFL. So unless a whole bunch of other values are amended then increasing the number of plays is going to make every team look like the Greatest Show on Turf.

Over at Discord we are working on trying to keep average yardage accurate while limiting the total number of TD's.

So stay tuned..

BTW the original values were 35/25. But I am now playing with changing Playcall Normal Max Time.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:24 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Little bit of an update for those not in the discord

I got this to pretty much the last step, all thats left is making overalls matter across the board and some minor tweaks along the way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2019, 04:27 PM   #12
Just started!

OVR: 0

Is there any way to increase QB rushing yards in the sim stats? Even after the update from EA, I still feel like QBs should have more rushing yard on the season than what they do now. Also, sometimes the sacks are too high. You have guys like myles garrett getting 22+ sacks a season
Old 10-21-2019, 04:18 PM   #13
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

OVR: 0

I commend you guys for working on this - it certainly is worthy and helpful!

However, you are always going to get differences and inconsistencies regarding stats and stat comparisons simply because you have two completely different engines doing the calculations - on-field engine vs sim engine - and that will never be avoided, unfortunately. The old Sierra's Front Page Sports Football Pro series was genius in that the sim engine and the on-field engine were actually one in the same (the sim engine just not displaying the graphics to speed things up) - that way, things could be exactly comparable between played out games and simmed games throughout the league (which is fantastic!) - everything is fair, everything legit, every stat directly comparable. Wish Madden did this. Honestly, you pretty much have to play out each game on-field for the entire league to have this same ability - and I know some people do just that for that very reason - but that is extremely time consuming.

Anyway, here is a different take - thank you for working your hardest to try to remedy the sim engine somewhat - any improvement is a good thing! ...but I am wondering -- would it ever be perhaps possible to get in there and muck around with the Madden engine to have an ability to take the on-field game engine (slow sim) and have a super speed up option somehow where it still actually uses the identical slow sim on-field engine, but just increases the speed of everything so it ends much quicker? -- that way we could play or coach our specific game for the week and then used a speed up, but on-field engine to play out the cpu games (utilizing the same engine).

Would this be in the realm of possibility or am I just shooting for the stars?
Old 03-15-2022, 01:28 PM   #14
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8

this is great stuff!
Old 12-21-2023, 10:47 PM   #15
Rookie

TON1C's Arena

I'm looking into doing some light sim stats modding for M24 and had some questions. I know there's this thread on how the sim stats ranges works but I'm still a bit confused.

Take supersim_pass_ontarget_chance for example. I've set all of the attributes to 0 other than setting overall to 99 for both player1 and player2. Then I've been messing around with the min and max values for player1 and player2. The defaults are:

max_player1 = 75
max_player2 = 56
min_player1 = 1
min_player2 = 0

Interestingly enough, needs_two_players is checked but does_player2_oppose is not, which seems weird as based on the default values player1 is the QB and player2 is a defender.

Can anyone explain how these ranges work again? I was under the assumption from the thread linked below that decreasing the max_player1 value would cause more throws to be off target but that doesn't seem to be the case. Or does anyone have any other modding info for sim stats other than this thread and the one I linked above? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »