Home

My CPU vs CPU Watch experiment + Sabo 1.4 mod

This is a discussion on My CPU vs CPU Watch experiment + Sabo 1.4 mod within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2019, 05:07 PM   #9
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2019
Re: My CPU vs CPU Watch experiment + Sabo 1.4 mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
How do you see all teams under Season tab or Season Leaders? Right now only Dolphins show. Tried clicking on Dolphins name to change and nothing.

The current version of this spreadsheet I am using wasn't designed for the team name to change every single week. It was originally designed just to keep track of your franchise you are using. To be honest, I didn't even think it would let me change the team from week to week. The same reason why I have to use generic names like QB1 and HB1 and HB2. If I entered a different name every week it would completely screw up the season tabulation.



The sheet is set up so that whatever data you input at week one automatically sets up your sheet for the rest of the season. Since Miami was the first team on the schedule it is taking that for the season total tab. Just have to go with that for now.



The sheet I am submitting to googledocs shouldn't have any modification properties to it. Should be a read only. If you are interested in using this sheet for your own purposes contact me in a PM here.
Eduardo_Pena is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:11 AM   #10
MVP
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT
Blog Entries: 1
Re: My CPU vs CPU Watch experiment + Sabo 1.4 mod

Ok...thanks. I was thinking that the Season tabs would have a listing of all teams up to that point in the season. Thanks for clarifying.

C
capa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:34 AM   #11
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2019
Re: My CPU vs CPU Watch experiment + Sabo 1.4 mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Ok...thanks. I was thinking that the Season tabs would have a listing of all teams up to that point in the season. Thanks for clarifying.

C

Yeah, I am using a shoe horn to cram Madden 20 stats into something that was originally designed for a single franchise in HC09. I wanted to get my data collected before I spent hours and hours writing up a new Excel Sheet.
The Rams are still in St. Louis and the Chargers are still in San Diego according to my chart. Since I know the Raiders are set to move in the near future and the Chargers or Rams, and possibly the Jaguars could be on the move I might make a change to forgo the city name and just stick with the team name. I might also see what I can do about creating ones either for the relocation teams in Madden 20 or just making the field one you can custom edit yourself depending on what Madden does in the future with relocation teams. Back in the day you could move your team anywhere and call it anything you like.

It works as intended for my Baltimore Ravens team I am controlling. For the Opponents Data you can click on each individual week and see which team I faced. The season total page will show you the total yards earned by each position on those teams. Like all the WR1's, WR2's and so forth. It can't for instance track Ryan Fitzpatrick's numbers from week one and display them under his name, and then track Kyler Murray's numbers from week two under his name and display them both under the season totals. So, what I did was just call the starters for all of my opponents QB1.

Hopefully that makes some sense. I have several other versions of this same data collection sheet. I am seeing which one is closest to what we might need for one for Madden 20 and then trying to see what I can update on it to make it prettier. For me, it is always about function over form. I would like to create something that works properly first and foremost and that people also enjoy. If there is some demand for this sheet I will see what I can do about making it available. I don't completely own the rights to the original work so I have to check with my collaborator and see what he wants to do with it.

Last edited by Eduardo_Pena; 11-09-2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: typo
Eduardo_Pena is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2019, 03:22 PM   #12
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2019
Re: My CPU vs CPU Watch experiment + Sabo 1.4 mod

Just finished the last game of the season and boy did the Ravens save their best game for last...a 20-0 blowout by the Steelers led by Mason Rudolph. On the last series of the game Lamar Jackson had a drive that summed up this season perfectly, two sacks in a row where he dropped back, dropped back more, dropped back more, stood like the Statue of Liberty, and got sacked for losses of 10 yards or more each time, then on the next play he launched his 3rd INT of the game to seal the deal. Perfect.


I am taking a bit of a breather and then I will be entering the data from the season into my spreadsheets. I have 8 games of data to enter for not only my team, but my opponents as well so it will take awhile.


I was planning on making another sheet for penalties and injuries but I have to tell you there were so few it isn't even worth doing the work. I will just make posts here stating what they were.
Eduardo_Pena is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:27 PM   #13
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2019
Re: My CPU vs CPU Watch experiment + Sabo 1.4 mod

Injuries for the entire season: 4

OLB Patrick Onwuasor in week 2 would miss 5 weeks.
OLB Patrick Onwuasor in week 9 would miss a couple of plays.
HB Gus Edwards in week 10 would miss 3 weeks.
TE Mark Andrews in week 12 would miss 5 weeks (and a certain pro bowl nod).


Offensive Penalties: 5
Holding:3
Ronnie Stanley:1
Matt Skura: 1
Bradley Bozeman: 1


Ineligible Man Downfield: 1
Marshal Yanda: 1


Illegal Process: 1
P: Sam Koch:1 kicking an after safety free kick kick off out of bounds.


Defensive Penalties: 7 (all facemasks)
Facemask:
L.J. Fort: 2
Earl Thomas: 2
Jimmy Smith: 1
Marcus Peters: 1
Tyus Bowser: 1

Last edited by Eduardo_Pena; 11-10-2019 at 02:59 AM.
Eduardo_Pena is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:20 PM   #14
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2019
Re: My CPU vs CPU Watch experiment + Sabo 1.4 mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo_Pena
Injuries for the entire season: 4

OLB Patrick Onwuasor in week 2 would miss 5 weeks.
OLB Patrick Onwuasor in week 9 would miss a couple of plays.
HB Gus Edwards in week 10 would miss 3 weeks.
TE Mark Andrews in week 12 would miss 5 weeks (and a certain pro bowl nod).


Offensive Penalties: 5
Holding:3
Ronnie Stanley:1
Matt Skura: 1
Bradley Bozeman: 1


Ineligible Man Downfield: 1
Marshal Yanda: 1


Illegal Process: 1
P: Sam Koch:1 kicking an after safety free kick kick off out of bounds.


Defensive Penalties: 7 (all facemasks)
Facemask:
L.J. Fort: 2
Earl Thomas: 2
Jimmy Smith: 1
Marcus Peters: 1
Tyus Bowser: 1
Are you doing all of this just to show exactly how much better sabo's is then default madden? I mean everyone knows sabo's is lightyears ahead of default madden so I don't understand the point of this project?

I'd love if you would show data on what raising different players archetypes does for the team. Like does a team that calls for route runner WR's really need 4 route runners WR's to pump out the best team or can you have 3 route runners and a deep threat...?

If you wanna compare how the cpu vs cpu plays out.... you should compare sabo's agains't Shane's CPU v CPU, and Landeye's CPU v CPU.

I've tried a billion different sliders, shane's mod and landeyes... I've tried with superstar abilities on and off and so far I like Sabo's mod with speed threshold at 75 for CPU v CPU the best. The game is noticely smoother... not saying it's perfect but the imperfections at this point mostly have to do with play calling which I think is an inherent madden problem and sabo has done his best to fix it.
direfire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:46 AM   #15
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Re: My CPU vs CPU Watch experiment + Sabo 1.4 mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo_Pena
Just finished the last game of the season and boy did the Ravens save their best game for last...a 20-0 blowout by the Steelers led by Mason Rudolph. On the last series of the game Lamar Jackson had a drive that summed up this season perfectly, two sacks in a row where he dropped back, dropped back more, dropped back more, stood like the Statue of Liberty, and got sacked for losses of 10 yards or more each time, then on the next play he launched his 3rd INT of the game to seal the deal. Perfect.


I am taking a bit of a breather and then I will be entering the data from the season into my spreadsheets. I have 8 games of data to enter for not only my team, but my opponents as well so it will take awhile.


I was planning on making another sheet for penalties and injuries but I have to tell you there were so few it isn't even worth doing the work. I will just make posts here stating what they were.
Eduardo..love your view on Madden. Wether it’s the developers or Mut or the online community I can’t enjoy Madden the way I used to back in the day.
I would have my buddy over and we would call plays against the cpu..with teams we created.
My question is to you if I buy the pc version will I be able to host game and just call plays for one team while other is cpu controlled ?
tuckermaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2019, 09:37 AM   #16
MVP
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT
Blog Entries: 1
Re: My CPU vs CPU Watch experiment + Sabo 1.4 mod

Any recent updates/findings?

C
capa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Top -