Home

NCAA Football 14/Madden 19 Draft Class Conversion (PC)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14/Madden 19 Draft Class Conversion (PC) within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
NCAA Football 14/Madden 19 Draft Class Conversion (PC)

UPDATE 12/8/18
Uploaded wrong file last time. Now attached is the Madden 19 draft classes. Not the csv files. My bad.

3 more test draft classes attached with all positions added. Full ratings conversion is done along with draft projection.

Premise

To be able to take players going pro in NCAA 14 and convert that into a working draft class file for Madden 19 (PC) with all ratings adjusted and inline with a regular generated Madden draft class. This was one if my favorite features in years past with NCAA and Madden.

My Plans

Ultimate goal - I want to create a tool that others can use as well. Who wouldn't love to see the players they've been using in NCAA make it to the NFL. I don't know how automated I can make this so I'm not sure how feasible it is just yet.

First goal - To be able to make the draft class file work. After that I can hopefully do something along the lines of CWSapp and Radierz with their fictional draft classes. But for the PC guys obviously. It wouldn't be as in depth with scouting reports and what not but it would give players some backstory. Off the top of my head you'd have yearly awards, all americans, all conference, season and career stats, college football backstory, top incoming recruits, top returning players, etc. So some fun stuff.

Where I'm Currently At

I've just begun really. I've had this idea for quite awhile. Just this past week StingRay was able to make MaddenAmp export/import draft class files to csv. That's my forte. I've been hard at work figuring out how to make this possible. Lots of things are the same (quite a few ratings) but lots are different as well. It's going to take quite a bit of work. I love automating things but to do that you have to put in all the work the first time.

As far as how to adjust ratings I have a really good plan in place. Basically it involves their original NCAA rating, a random number formula, and a specific table to get the information from. The cool thing about this method (at least in theory because I've only completed a few attributes) is that with one click of a button every rating will change to a certain degree for the entire draft class. So you could make 10 draft class files with the same players and everyone will have them rated different. I think the rating part will be easy.

Now to the harder stuff. How to transfer over age, body stuff, ethnicity, college's, mock draft position, dev trait, etc. Some of this stuff isn't in NCAA or the code is just different. I do have a plan for this (basically creating vlookup tables) but I'd have to find all the correct information in both games first. Time consuming stuff to say the least.

Release Date

TBD.

At this point I don't know how long it will take. Then once I finish it's going to be about fixing bugs (because there is always bugs). But I'm hoping to have a working draft class out by the first week in Nov. Depending on family and work responsibilities. Once I get the Excel file done pumping out draft classes shouldn't be to hard. Other then figuring out a good format to give the backstory information. Hopefully after that I can release a working copy for everybody to use. Or at the very least for a little while I could have you email me your NCAA csv and I could create a draft class from it. That's a bit down the road though. Gotta stay focused on the task at hand first.

Conclusion

This has been a dream of mine since I heard Madden was coming to the PC. Hopefully some of you other guys are interested as well. Regardless this project is near and dear to me so I will get it done no matter what. Thanks for reading.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Attached Files
File Type: rar Madden 19 Draft Class Full Test v1v2v3.rar (113.8 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by tdawg3782; 12-08-2018 at 07:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Re: NCAA Football 14/Madden 19 Draft Class Conversion (PC)

Quick Update

I've written formulas for all attributes. I then imported my csv into a draft class and everything loaded up perfectly. I love when things work on the first try. However I will need to do some major tweaking with the some of the tables. Not a big deal. I had already planned on this. It was much more of a guess at the start. But with formulas in place it's as easy as changing a few numbers around. I am much further ahead then I though I'd be at this point.

I've also have a really good idea on the body type conversion. I will have to see if it works right but I think it should. Feeling pretty good right now.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:48 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Quick Update

I've written formulas for all attributes. I then imported my csv into a draft class and everything loaded up perfectly. I love when things work on the first try. However I will need to do some major tweaking with the some of the tables. Not a big deal. I had already planned on this. It was much more of a guess at the start. But with formulas in place it's as easy as changing a few numbers around. I am much further ahead then I though I'd be at this point.

I've also have a really good idea on the body type conversion. I will have to see if it works right but I think it should. Feeling pretty good right now.
Thank you!
Old 10-27-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quick Update #2

So I spent the majority of yesterday messing around with formulas to convert the NCAA 14 players attributes to the Madden 19 scale. I learned a lot so far.

The Good
So far I haven't had any loading issues or errors when using the imported draft classes. I've tweaked ones up at least 8 times and it has worked flawlessly every time.

I know exactly how I want to handle the attribute conversion now. I have a firm plan and it seems to be working very well as far as basic adjustments and also putting in that touch of busts and gems.

The Bad
Really no so much bad but all the work I did yesterday has to be redone. My original idea was just not working. But putting in all that work gave me the new idea I have now. So I must rewrite all the formulas and they are much more intricate now. But it's for the better for sure.

What's Next
First I need to finish writing all the formulas for all attributes. That is the bulk of the work. It will take a bit. After that it's getting some of the easier things done such as colleges and draft position. After that will be traits (I will be using Imac's ideas here). Lastly it will be getting player size, race, and faces to work right. I'm not too concerned with equipment as of now because that seems like it would be a huge task.

That's it. For those interested I will keep you updated.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:08 PM   #5
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Update #3

All attribute formulas are done. Imported draft class looks really good for the most part. May need a few tweaks here and there but it would be small stuff. Draft bust/gem feature in formula looks like it should work quite well. Feel very good about it.

Next step is to run some sims of multiple seasons in NCAA to make sure things stay pretty consistent with some outliers here and there. I will also start the task of getting traits, race, body, and colleges correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Update #3

All attribute formulas are done. Imported draft class looks really good for the most part. May need a few tweaks here and there but it would be small stuff. Draft bust/gem feature in formula looks like it should work quite well. Feel very good about it.

Next step is to run some sims of multiple seasons in NCAA to make sure things stay pretty consistent with some outliers here and there. I will also start the task of getting traits, race, body, and colleges correct.
Thank you!
Old 11-02-2018, 08:37 PM   #7
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Update #4

Colleges are done. Important traits are done (clutch and dev) to reflect correct percentages. Big Hitter on for players with >89 hit power. High motor is off.

I put a modifier in the formula to make things more dynamic. It's working fantastic so far. Bryce Love came out as a 78 ovr on one import, an 85 ovr on another, and an 81 ovr on another. It's very fluid which is awesome and it's easily tuneable.

Next up today is draft order, body stuff, and other traits. Hope to have most of this part finished soon.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Update #4

Colleges are done. Important traits are done (clutch and dev) to reflect correct percentages. Big Hitter on for players with >89 hit power. High motor is off.

I put a modifier in the formula to make things more dynamic. It's working fantastic so far. Bryce Love came out as a 78 ovr on one import, an 85 ovr on another, and an 81 ovr on another. It's very fluid which is awesome and it's easily tuneable.

Next up today is draft order, body stuff, and other traits. Hope to have most of this part finished soon.
So will this be an editor for PC or some type of program, can't wait till this is done I'm so ready

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »